IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

They had a thread on Slagchat about a month ago called ‘Mass exodus at the Gate’ which was basically a load of belters rubbing their piss stinking hands together in excitement about how we’ve lost our best players and not replaced them with any quality. 

Think we’re doing ok so far, obviously a long way to go.

Anybody know how the Sags are getting on with all the ‘quality’ signings they must have made after selling Harrison?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Going by his post match interview Clarke is going to go nose to nose with a few players in the next couple of weeks and be kicking them around the training ground

Big call , especially to announce to the media that you are going to

S*** Or bust time

.....And normally results in the Manager getting his P45

An interesting few weeks ahead for the blue clowns

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Going by his post match interview Clarke is going to go nose to nose with a few players in the next couple of weeks and be kicking them around the training ground

Big call , especially to announce to the media that you are going to

S*** Or bust time

.....And normally results in the Manager getting his P45

An interesting few weeks ahead for the blue clowns

He said it was his fault because he had recruited the players, but then went on to say that too many of them were in their "comfort zone". How comfortable can they possibly be in their current predicament? Perhaps it's down to the lack of competition for places?

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

They even lie about the 1883 date. They didn’t change their name to Bristol rovers until 1899 

That’s another debate though, I think we were formed in 1894 not 1897 - nothing to do with the name  - like my fave example - Birmingham City, they were formed in 1875 but weren’t called Birmingham City until 1943....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've just had a quick read of their forum and the tide against Clarke is growing.

To our visitors from the dark side I will say this, Clarke is the only thing with any semblance of respect in your club and you are hounding out the only thing holding your club together. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys so the issue is the budget he is given and NOT the Manager.

Sack him / hound him out and you're properly screwed so, as a red, knock yourselves out!! :)

We can see it, you, with your self important, deluded specs on, can't. If he leaves, you are definitely going down, bloody good! 

OTIB

They were my tip for relegation before the season started, and not just because it's Rovers and I was hoping for it!

Incredibly thin playing squad, whose quality has been sold for peanuts at the first opportunity with almost none of the funds then used to sign a replacement.

They even had one of their players leave to join a non league side- and not just some youth kiddie, but someone who was usually around the match day 18.

The Pirates' ship has a leak, and it is just a matter of time before they go down.

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

He said it was his fault because he had recruited the players, but then went on to say that too many of them were in their "comfort zone". How comfortable can they possibly be in their current predicament? Perhaps it's down to the lack of competition for places?

In pretty much every post match interview he starts by saying it's his responsibility then makes it clear he doesn't mean it by slagging off the players.

• Like 3

Sounds like the big concern for them is not necessarily the results but how badly they are playing. Long may it continue.

As much as I hate them though I’m not going to comment on whatever the crowd is on Tuesday eve - obviously that tournament is being boycotted. Prefer to focus on their pitiful attendances for games that actually matter. Have they managed five figures once yet this term?

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They had a thread on Slagchat about a month ago called ‘Mass exodus at the Gate’ which was basically a load of belters rubbing their piss stinking hands together in excitement about how we’ve lost our best players and not replaced them with any quality. 

Think we’re doing ok so far, obviously a long way to go.

Anybody know how the Sags are getting on with all the ‘quality’ signings they must have made after selling Harrison?

I think they're doing brilliantly. They need to keep perservering with that striker who scores 2 in 40+ matches. Quality strike rate that. He might find his level one day, probably when they're back in the conference where they belong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think they're doing brilliantly. They need to keep perservering with that striker who scores 2 in 40+ matches. Quality strike rate that. He might find his level one day, probably when they're back in the conference where they belong.

That`s it, you`ve sussed it out - they`re playing the long game and looking to future-proof the side.

#conferenceready

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s it, you`ve sussed it out - they`re playing the long game and looking to future-proof the side.

#conferenceready

Well the stadium is already ready.  Mind you, It's a disgrace to call it a stadium really, but it is a non league setup TBH.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

In pretty much every post match interview he starts by saying it's his responsibility then makes it clear he doesn't mean it by slagging off the players.

I’ve also noticed that, he opens his sentence with “Listen, I take full responsibility” then steams into his players complaining there are no leaders, they’re not good enough, they’re not doing what i’m asking of them, they need to man up, he then ends the sentence with “ but hey, listen, I take full responsibility” it’s the same every week, comedy gold

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I can`t think why she felt she had to change her name.

you have Marion morrison, shirley crabtree and even my name has has been used by a scottish actor(no not Sean) and disney stole one of my other names(no not mickey , goofy, minnie , pluto or dopey)  

Seen this this morning and thought....really?

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

If thats improved infrastructure then we play at the san siro 

• Haha 15
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

What do atoms and gasheads have in common? 

They both make up things...

A quantum physicist might also argue that their component parts exist in parallel universes - where they are and where they perceive themselves to be.... though in their case they've few Quarks, many Strangeones but no Charms whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Reporter: Are you concerned?"

"Clarke: Oh very very concerned, very concerned.."

"Clarke: I care passionately about the football club but I'm not seeing enough caring about it in the dressing room right now.."

"Off the field, we’re in a really good spot. I knew it was a challenge from day one but also a big opportunity and I think we’re really starting to put the foundations in place now that will support the club for the next few years.”

"Not everything has gone smoothly, the new family stand has still not be built but Gorringe admits that can happen when you are as ambitious as the club were this summer in their off-field improvement projects."

"Like I said we’re in a good spot, there’s been partial delays in a couple of areas but the majority of the work we’ve undertaken has been to time and to a high standard.”

"That’s what happens when you make wholesale changes to playing staff. There is no identity or spirit it seems.
The likes of MM, Mildy, Parkes, Monkhouse, Brown, Ellis, Manse, Easter and Taylor all made up for any shortcomings with sprit and you could sense that those players would die for each other on the football pitch. That carried us a long way. Others have said this side reminds them of recent relegation sides and I would have to agree."

Edited by Unan

18 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Seen this this morning and thought....really?

Commercial director Tom Gorringe says no club other than Tottenham Hotspur have done more to improve their ground this summer than Bristol Rovers.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-bristol-rovers-improved-infrastructure-2008266

If thats improved infrastructure then we play at the san siro 

Bloody hell hes actually being serious aswell

• Like 1