IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, Rocky said:

It's a good job people like this guy don't use their real name on the internet, imagine employing this thick ****!!! 

Capture.JPG

Didn't the Sagtwats lose what little identity they had when Tesco went down the Rovers and took the Eastville over?  :laugh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rocky said:

It's a good job people like this guy don't use their real name on the internet, imagine employing this thick ****!!!

Capture.JPG

Yes, Bristol City are the franchise.  Bristol City have played in the same place for well over 100 years.  Unlike the 15ers who originally played in Eastville, then moved to a completely different city to play in Bath and then stole a rugby ground so they could play in Horfield.  Oh and who were desperate to move out of Bristol to South Gloucestershire so that they could try and get a university to fund a stadium for them.

Yes, Bristol City are definitely the franchise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Capture.JPG

They are hilarious..!

Reminds me of seeing a really fit bird in a night club and convincing yourself that she’s not all that, because you know your never going to get her. 

They are still peddling the “franchise” line, whilst obviously having no idea what a franchise is!

Bitter and twisted that we have a genuine, Uber wealthy investor, whilst they are hoping and praying to be taken over (again!)

9 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yes, Bristol City are the franchise.  Bristol City have played in the same place for well over 100 years.  Unlike the 15ers who originally played in Eastville, then moved to a completely different city to play in Bath and then stole a rugby ground so they could play in Horfield.  Oh and who were desperate to move out of Bristol to South Gloucestershire so that they could try and get a university to fund a stadium for them.

Don't forget, they also played a few home games at Ashton Gate when they had the fire at Eastville.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Yes, Bristol City are the franchise.  Bristol City have played in the same place for well over 100 years.  Unlike the 15ers who originally played in Purdown, then Three Acres, then Schoolmasters Cricket ground, then on Durdham Downs, then Ridgewell, then Eastville, then moved to a completely different city to play in Bath and then stole a rugby ground so they could play in Horfield.  Oh and who were desperate to move out of Bristol to South Gloucestershire so that they could try and get a university to fund a stadium for them.

Minor ammendment for accuracy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ironically, the only man to have taken us as high as we could be at 10pm tonight and were for a short time last season, was LJ’s father..! 

WeeLee's doing all right (for the moment) and it's all ifs and buts as to whether we'd be better or worse off had he not been appointed in the first place, or sacked in the interim. He's had a decent amount of resource to play with during his time and whether or not that's been well utilised remains a matter for debate, which itself suggests things aren't that cut and dried. 

Reference to Gary only goes to show that temporary league standing and managerial capability aren't directly correlated. Cooper, for example, was an outstanding manager working with the limited resources he had available, set up much of the success enjoyed by Jordan, but never achieved that much in respect of league standing.

Important thing is so long as results are good it matters not whether it's WeeLee or resource that's the vital factor. True test is what happens when results take a downturn and we've had two pretty polarised seasons in that respect. Hopefully not to be repeated this, so we get behind WeeLee and the boys and push toward lands our rivals will never inhabit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Capture.JPG

What the hell is that Dumbo talking about?

Having a arena for the basketball (as well as other possible uses) next to Ashton Gate is somehow going to make us lose our identity? :rofl2br:

As for the comparison with MK Dons, do they have a basketball stadium next to their ground? I don’t get it?

Only one Bristol club has moved to another City in the past Saggy, and it’s not us. Given half the chance they’d be quite happy to move out of Bristol again, unlike us who still play at our spiritual home of over a century.

I love it when the Sags get worried and jealous.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Icelandic Clap said:

The fact they don’t have ambitions is probably the very reason they’ve achieved absolutely nothing since 1883 and have owners who are happy to keep them in the dark and put tents up at the Mem instead of building a proper stadium with money from their own pockets.

I imagine them all walking around on matchday, repeating over and over again “we are proud to be shit, we are proud to be shit” like a bunch of zombies.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Not everyone in the Wood is a Sag, there’s a lot of City here!

Damn right, I would actually say there are more City fans here than Sags. It definitely isn't like it was 20+ years ago - and even then I think a lot of it was just brainwashing and people believed it.

Huge in comparison right now but unlike long established, genuinely big championship clubs like Derby, Forest, let along the recently ex Prem sides, they can be caught because of a fickle fanbase, sh** manager who will never get them up and is more likely to take them down, and when Lansdown senior pegs it, a vacuous  silver spoon social media hungry spoilt brat as an owner, who is quite likely to throw his toys out of his cot the minute he gets criticised.
Of course, we need a genuine injection of finance to enable a couple of seasons challenging at the right end of league One and then promotion. If Burton can do it on smaller gates than we get now then so can we.

ilst it does look nice, I wouldn’t ever want Rovers to lose their identity in the same way that City have with Bristol Sport. If we manage to build a decent stadium somewhere suddenly the gap between us starts to look smaller, they’ve never been able to shake us off and never will.

• Haha 6

Just now, Alan Dicks said:

Yep Kingswood is full of City , not unusual to see more City tops and tats than sags when shopping there.

the was a pic in this thread with red dots where our season ticket holders were based, pretty much all over the city and surrounding area, and it was compared to them,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What the hell is that Dumbo talking about?

Having a arena for the basketball (as well as other possible uses) next to Ashton Gate is somehow going to make us lose our identity? :rofl2br:

As for the comparison with MK Dons, do they have a basketball stadium next to their ground? I don’t get it?

Yeah, I've always thought as much when walking around the handball, basketball, hockey and water polo arenas that comprise FC Barcelona - what ever became of them I ask myself? Lost to obscurity in a franchised wilderness......

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yeah, I've always thought at much when walking around the handball, basketball, hockey and water polo arenas that comprise FC Barcelona - what ever became of them I ask myself? Lost to obscurity in a franchised wilderness......

The Barcelona of League 1 barely have a football pitch, let alone a stadium or any meaningful facilities.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Barcelona of League 1 barely have a football pitch, let alone a stadium or any meaningful facilities.

Take heed not to josh as they're coming for us.

I have it on good authority that post purchase of a box of chalk the brick wall behind the bogs will, once the 5 a side goal has been drawn, become 'Wembley' - loser in goal, and kicker retrieves from the flat roof. At the junction where the wall abuts the shed this will become a multipurpose stadia hosting Pro Coin Toss and Marbles.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Like ... Clough & Taylor

… Cannon & Ball .. Abbott & Costello .. Laurel & Hardy .. Chuckle & Chuckle .. Eric & Ernie .. Lennon/McCartney .. Simon/Garfunkel .. Egg & Chips .. Marks & Spencer .. Ashton, Gardner & Dyke …  Anthony & Tony Rougier .. Emerson, Lake & Palmer .. and of course among many others, the ultimate, great, unforgettable partnership that was Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Titch.

Can't beat the magic of a great partnership...  ?  

exactly, not much work around for a single Chuckler.

To me.............. erm

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

Take heed not to josh as they're coming for us.

I have it on good authority that post purchase of a box of chalk the brick wall behind the bogs will, once the 5 a side goal has been drawn, become 'Wembley' - loser in goal, and kicker retrieves from the flat roof. At the junction where the wall abuts the shed this will become a multipurpose stadia hosting Pro Coin Toss and Marbles.

Of course they already have a selection of other sports going on, boob cricket has a healthy following along with police horse boxing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Unan said:

Huge in comparison right now but unlike long established, genuinely big championship clubs like Derby, Forest, let along the recently ex Prem sides, they can be caught because of a fickle fanbase, sh** manager who will never get them up and is more likely to take them down, and when Lansdown senior pegs it, a vacuous  silver spoon social media hungry spoilt brat as an owner, who is quite likely to throw his toys out of his cot the minute he gets criticised.
Of course, we need a genuine injection of finance to enable a couple of seasons challenging at the right end of league One and then promotion. If Burton can do it on smaller gates than we get now then so can we.

ilst it does look nice, I wouldn’t ever want Rovers to lose their identity in the same way that City have with Bristol Sport. If we manage to build a decent stadium somewhere suddenly the gap between us starts to look smaller, they’ve never been able to shake us off and never will.

Desperately trying to convince themselves that there's not much between the clubs. They were shaken off the moment they dropped out of the football league, arguably long before.

5 minutes ago, Old Rascal said:

I was back up there the other weekend and what was really good was the number of kids in city shirts or full kits.

What young kids will want to go and support the Sags now, especially when not many adults want to go anymore (them pesky turnstiles)? They probably seen us beat Man U, play against Man City etc and are now hopefully hooked. Apart from the hardcore who will make their kids go to the Mem where will their future supporters come from? Even if they get a new Stadium it will be a good few years and even more young 'uns will be with us - and their mates etc etc.