IGNORED

Albert Adomah Signs For Forest (Merged)

Knighty

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

One of many things I learnt during my lengthy NHS career particularly whilst practicing as an addiction counsellor  is that every individual is responsible for their own emotional responses. One saying in particular stays with me even now ‘misery is optional’ 

I daresay that many posters have a no idea how that saying can be true.

In simple terms it means that if a situation feels uncomfortable then remove yourself from that situation and you’ll undoubtedly feel better for it and why I suggest that various posters put me on ignore. Its not the cause that’s the issue it’s how you react to it.

I’ll ask a general question - does anybody like feeling angry, upset, irritated or any other negative feeling?  

Comparing such a very serious subject such as the path from addiction to recovery with my (and other's) reaction to your chosen posting style on a football forum is rather curious, unnecessary and frankly, OTT.  To me it only reveals your underlying dependency upon the rise from others that you deliberately and invariably successfully set out to achieve. It's become your drug of choice.

In this case, the cause really is the problem and all I'm politely requesting is that you consider a different posting style to avoid posters getting ever more pissed off during the summer break.

Anyway, no more comments on the subject from me otherwise I'll be the nause pissing off everyone, rather than you.

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I thought the point of a forum is for people to have a voice and an opinion on topics which others can agree with, disagree, debate, or ignore ?

That is the point but certain people act like toddlers at a wedding, doing everything in their power to annoy and then blaming everyone else for it .

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Lighten up James. You should realise that I don’t deliberately  irritate anyone - it’s not my problem tho if people allow themselves to become irritated by my comments.          :dunno:

I don’t buy that , I’m sorry.

I think you do wind people up purposely and take a perverse sort of pleasure from it . 

Which I find a shame because when you’re not doing that you have a lot to offer .

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I thought the point of a forum is for people to have a voice and an opinion on topics which others can agree with, disagree, debate, or ignore ?

Its not his opinion i have a problem with. Its his shouting down of "speculation" - which is the whole point of the section.

Not allowing others to have their opinion basically

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

That is the point but certain people act like toddlers at a wedding, doing everything in their power to annoy and then blaming everyone else for it .

You're too hard on yourself Major ;)

41 minutes ago, Riaz said:

We should all just report him when he moans about speculation. Its the whole point of the forum. i wont be reacting to him anymore, just gonna report him. Admins will have to do something about him eventually

I think it’s the best way. I actually find it all a bit odd and worrying.

@Tom F @Dollymarie @RedM

I think admin should strip out all this bleating about RR so we can get back to arguing about Albert..

Ideal replacement for O'Dowda when he goes and good for a two year contract with a years option (Albert not RR).

23 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I think admin should strip out all this bleating about RR so we can get back to arguing about Albert..

Ideal replacement for O'Dowda when he goes and good for a two year contract with a years option (Albert not RR).

By all accounts, he's on Leeds's radar as a superior option to O'Dowda, and is apparently why we've not heard anything official outside of that LJ interview on whether COD will be a City player next season.

I can't see Adomah returning to us, nor can I see us paying his wages, so COD might have engineered a move away only for it to disappear.

Hopefully we'll get a replacement in regardless of this saga. If I were LJ I'd tell COD that he's got two options: sit on the bench and get bit-part appearances all year, or that we'll sell him to the highest bidding League 1 side, and to accept the position he's in.

17 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

By all accounts, he's on Leeds's radar as a superior option to O'Dowda, and is apparently why we've not heard anything official outside of that LJ interview on whether COD will be a City player next season.

I can't see Adomah returning to us, nor can I see us paying his wages, so COD might have engineered a move away only for it to disappear.

Hopefully we'll get a replacement in regardless of this saga. If I were LJ I'd tell COD that he's got two options: sit on the bench and get bit-part appearances all year, or that we'll sell him to the highest bidding League 1 side, and to accept the position he's in.

I think just about everyone is on Leeds radar if the media are to be believed - Freeman being the latest.

Not sure if COD will go or not but not too bothered either way tbh. Expected a lot more from him last season.

Wages for Adomah shouldn't be a problem as he's on a free so an up front payment to him to keep him in the wage structure might do it.

No thanks, big wages, no chance to turn a profit in the future. 

I think we're doing the right thing by buying young and developing players, that way we get good players who we make money from when they leave. Buying Adomah would hit our wage budget and we'd not be able to sell him. 

46 minutes ago, Spike said:

No thanks, big wages, no chance to turn a profit in the future. 

I think we're doing the right thing by buying young and developing players, that way we get good players who we make money from when they leave. Buying Adomah would hit our wage budget and we'd not be able to sell him. 

He's on a free transfer.

Hard not to make a profit on that.

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's on a free transfer.

Hard not to make a profit on that.

Not at all, the wages are costly and he's hardly going to be sold for money unless we only have him for one season. Either way we're not going to get as much out of him as we can a younger, more promising youngster.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not at all, the wages are costly and he's hardly going to be sold for money unless we only have him for one season. Either way we're not going to get as much out of him as we can a younger, more promising youngster.

What you get is experience and a lot of it.

We'd have to pay any player that comes in, not sure why that is an issue.

Just my opinion that there is none better in that position for free if O'Dowda goes :)

Archived