Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

REDOXO

Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

50 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Not quite that simple, the player may want to see what they have to say or may prefer them as a destination.

I would imagine Brownhill may be keen on a move back up north , add in premier league football and significant wage increase I’m not sure West Ham currently are that much of an appeal 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sephjnr said:

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Indeed, although if Sky are right and it's £10m for Josh and £4m for Wells, even nicer profit 🙂

Wages, wages, wages. Never forget the wages.

I've no actual facts, but my educated guess is we'll be paying the player joining us a much higher wage than the one we're letting go, anything up to double the amount of wages in fact.

These deals might be happening at the same time, and involving the same club, but that's just a coincidence - rather than making a direct comparison  between the transfer fees, we should be asking ourselves how each individual deal affects our overall FFP picture. And for that, we'll need help from our resident FFP gurus - Mr Popodopoulos, Davefevs, et al.      

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

True.

We tried for a couple including the bloke at Swansea but the fees quoted were ridiculous.

Let's be honest though, Webby was irreplaceable. Just one of those sales we had to do as Brighton were offering us and him silly money. 

Agreed mate. Silly money, probally doubled his wages minimum. Can't blame us for cashing in 

Is there any truth in the rumour Taylor-Moore may be loaned?

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Wages, wages, wages. Never forget the wages.

I've no actual facts, but my educated guess is we'll be paying the player joining us a much higher wage than the one we're letting go, anything up to double the amount of wages in fact.

These deals might be happening at the same time, and involving the same club, but that's just a coincidence - rather than making a direct comparison  between the transfer fees, we should be asking ourselves how each individual deal affects our overall FFP picture. And for that, we'll need help from our resident FFP gurus - Mr Popodopoulos, Davefevs, et al.      

When the deal’s get formally announced, I’ll put the figures into my spreadsheet and tell you. 😀

As boring as it is, I’ve got all our amortised commitments and wages plotted over the next 4 years.  The amortised amounts, because most are “undisc” are based on things like media reports, our own @Kid in the Riot, etc, or best guess.  They align pretty closely with published accounts.  So that’s good.

Wages are all guesses unless we see stuff in the press or spotrac’s website...and those are therefore inaccurate in my spreadsheet.

I even add in the sell-ons, etc.

I am a sad git! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When the deal’s get formally announced, I’ll put the figures into my spreadsheet and tell you. 😀

As boring as it is, I’ve got all our amortised commitments and wages plotted over the next 4 years.  The amortised amounts, because most are “undisc” are based on things like media reports, our own @Kid in the Riot, etc, or best guess.  They align pretty closely with published accounts.  So that’s good.

Wages are all guesses unless we see stuff in the press or spotrac’s website...and those are therefore inaccurate in my spreadsheet.

I am a sad git! 😉

Yeah but you're our sad git ! 

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am a sad git! 😉

Top man!

(Fingers crossed about Wells - don't know why but I'm still feeling nervous about this one. Really hoping it goes through as think he could make a massive difference - if used correctly!!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As boring as it is, I’ve got all our amortised commitments and wages plotted over the next 4 years.

It's a dirty job, @Davefevs...but many on here are grateful that you do it 👏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Someone playing around with his wiki page too. link

Joshua Brownhill (born 19 December 1995) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder and is captain for The Clarets. He is known by many as the prodigal son who when he turns up at barnfield on the Friday of deadline day shall be hailed as the second coming of Jesus. Labelled by many, including both Messi and Ronaldo, to be the best player in the world, Brownhill’s time in Lancashire, Burnley will show the world just how bad Jesse Lingard really is. Reports from the BBC GCSE commentary team of Bestinho and Aronaldo are saying the transfer to Burnley is in the range of a £100m pound settlement.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Someone playing around with his wiki page too. link

Joshua Brownhill (born 19 December 1995) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder and is captain for The Clarets. He is known by many as the prodigal son who when he turns up at barnfield on the Friday of deadline day shall be hailed as the second coming of Jesus. Labelled by many, including both Messi and Ronaldo, to be the best player in the world, Brownhill’s time in Lancashire, Burnley will show the world just how bad Jesse Lingard really is. Reports from the BBC GCSE commentary team of Bestinho and Aronaldo are saying the transfer to Burnley is in the range of a £100m pound settlement.

Truly brilliant.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I am a sad git! 😉

🖍🖍🖍🖍

Josh has got the opportunity every player hopes to get... a shot to prove himself in the Prem. Good luck to you Josh, show everyone that playing for City can be part of the path to the "Promised land" 

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

My previous avatar was Bryan then switched to Brownhill. Looks like I need to change it again ..... who do we want to go next?

Elliason will probably be off in the summer if you're looking for the next window 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BCFC Richard said:

My previous avatar was Bryan then switched to Brownhill. Looks like I need to change it again ..... who do we want to go next?

Johnson

• Haha 2
  • Rovers 1

4 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

All the best JB! I wonder what city's stance will be on the free Brownhill I had printed on the back of my sons shirt a couple of months ago... 

well you were mislead, as we have sold him for millions!

EPj1xpOW4AAeyW2?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks said:

What did we pay for Josh?

He was out of contract but was settled through a tribunal. I've heard the fee agreed was minimal but may have included a sell on fee. 

Hope we got more than the 7m that is quoted on sky sports. Atleast some add ons I would assume or maybe just a lower price for nakhi. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WorleRed89 said:

He was out of contract but was settled through a tribunal. I've heard the fee agreed was minimal but may have included a sell on fee. 

Hope we got more than the 7m that is quoted on sky sports. Atleast some add ons I would assume or maybe just a lower price for nakhi. 

PNE reportedly getting 20%

That's why the two deals are completely separate 

Joking about his throw-ins etc aside. Good luck Josh. Certainly a nice guy and i hope he does well.

Niclas, you can take all those free kicks now   yeaaaah

Edited by AppyDAZE

All the best Josh. I noticed he wasn't on the video of the new training ground with the rest of the players. 

Was trying to see anyone else who wasn't there. Anyone notice anyone missing? I don't think I saw Ash Williams...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Perfect move for him.

@Kid in the Riot we talking £7m + £3m add-ons + 20% sell-on?  Something like that?  Ta.

Although separate, assuming Wells is coming the other way, I suppose the important thing is the difference. With the Preston sell on, 7 and 3 is better than 9 and 5, if you get my drift.

• Like 1

Good Luck Josh.

Thanks for everything, and it was nice to see that, in your last game for City, you produced a 'man of the match' performance, rather than just going through the motions and shirking tackles in anticipation of this well deserved move to the Premier League. 

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

£8.5m - good business for City 👏

Another good bit of profit from a player we got for close to nothing. 

Just need to go that extra mile so that the club ends up in the Premier league, not just the players we sell. 

Shame to see him go. Enjoyed watching him over the last few years, he's really developed well season on season and always comes across as a really nice lad. All the very best Josh, good luck in the Prem.

• Like 1