Josh Brownhill signs for Burnley; CONFIRMED

39 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Bad feeling the gap JB will leave will be very evident in matches.

But then again I had that feeling when Pack left... 

LJ and Ashton are good at filling in the gaps with better quality. Maybe the answer for the JB replacement is already in the club. What do people think?

Don't see it as a problem area to work around. We have players that can fill the gap quite effectively. 

9 minutes ago, fishy said:

Don't see it as a problem area to work around. We have players that can fill the gap quite effectively. 

Do we?    :dunno:

We’ve seen that Massengo is still very lightweight so to is Nagy so unless Morrell is recalled I can see Rowe filling the vacancy.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

I have a feeling that both Nagy & Massengo have been restricted in their roles here, I think they are a lot more forward thinking than what we have seen & they have been playing deeper through instructions.

This might just allow one of them a bit of freedom now?

Smith back and starting to find his form will facilitate them playing more in the opposition half. We’ve seen flashes from both. 

52 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Josef John Morrel is surely the ideal candidate to bring in?

His dad has set his work profile as “offline”... reckon he knew I’d be hassling him every 5 minutes!! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Bad feeling the gap JB will leave will be very evident in matches.

But then again I had that feeling when Pack left... 

LJ and Ashton are good at filling in the gaps with better quality. Maybe the answer for the JB replacement is already in the club. What do people think?

It doesnt seem that long ago Brownhill was the replacement for somebody. Hence my point somewhere else about puzzle pieces, get one in place and other falls to the floor. Such is the churn of football, especially when you are not the biggest fish in a pond.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did you know that bears shit in the woods?          :cool2:

Must have missed that on the OS.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 2
1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

10 million for Brownhill. Happy enough with that considering his clause in the summer.

So how much revenue from Webster, Kelly and Brownhill combined? 

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Would be a mistake imo not to recall Morrell or Walsh right now...

Well we already agreed to let Walsh stay. I’d recall JM but he wasted a year last season so wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to see out the season with Lincoln. Think he should get a say. But like I said I’d recall him and play him just not sure that is what will happen so a loan ok for me

Great deal for us if it goes through this. Not really sure that Brownhill will solve any problems for Burnley and I think can be replaced for us based on what I've seen this season. Squad player at very best in the Prem but guess its small money for them at that level so not a huge risk.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sorry if I missed in on the multiple pages of this thread, but where has it been reported we are getting £10m for him?

I know Sky Sports was reporting 10m

22 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

@Robbored please, for all our sakes, can you pop off somewhere else for 48 hours. 

I don't get it.

Bloke has the occasional fish and some idiots rise to the bait, usually the same people that are fairly unpleasant to him no matter what.

Meanwhile some quite vile and unpleasant behaviour is allowed to continue in other threads.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Sky were also saying £5m for Wells, but I've seen £3m and £4m mentioned too!  

That's the only place I've seen it. I'm not saying that it is £10m, just what I've seen. But it'd be nice though.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I maintain that in my opinion of social media is that it’s a wonderful medium in life in general except when it comes to football transfers. Twitter in particular is wide open to being abused.

Clearly I don’t use twitter but if a  tweet from a reliable source indicates that Brownhill is having a medical at Burnley and that Wells is having a medical with City then it’s worth taking notice of. Same if a tweet comes from a reliable newspaper journalist.

Its the numerous unreliable sources on twitter that I find to be fake news ................:cool2:

The thing I have never understood about crown green bowls is that you just repeat the same thing over and over again - I can’t see the appeal of doing that.

• Flames 2
9 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Overall, good deal in my opinion.

Agreed. Think it’s also worth pointing out that although the clause forced our hand somewhat, overall this will show again that we are a club worth joining for any promising young player; decent coaching to improve players, competitive side but then a willingness to sell at the right price  if the player progresses.

Of course you could argue the last bit shows a lack of ambition but I think it’s just the reality for a club of our size.

Edited by steveybadger
  • Like 1