IGNORED

Ramblings from Sweden

BigTone

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm sure Tommy's a good lad and I love it that we have a group of loyal Swedish fans but there are rules. I have no doubt the Mods do their best to avoid banning but I for one understand that it gets to a point where there is no option, having been lead Mod on a workplace forum in the past.

Sad that it ended up like that when Tommy could be such fun on a good day. Chin up Tommy and thanks to the Mods for your work on our behalf.

I don't think people are getting at the mods. I'm sure we all understand they sometimes have a difficult job and we appreciate everything they do to keep an excellent forum going.

However, the ignore button is there for a reason and presumably it would reduce the mods. workload if it was activated by readers who are annoyed by another poster rather than them pressing the report button simply because someone irritates them.

The mods may get a false impression if half a dozen users regularly complain about a poster they don't like, when in fact there may be 10x that number or more who welcome that posters' contributions and would not wish to see him banned.

Of course I'm assuming complaints from fellow OTIB users is the reason Tommy has been banned rather than something more serious.

35 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm sure Tommy's a good lad and I love it that we have a group of loyal Swedish fans but there are rules. I have no doubt the Mods do their best to avoid banning but I for one understand that it gets to a point where there is no option, having been lead Mod on a workplace forum in the past.

Sad that it ended up like that when Tommy could be such fun on a good day. Chin up Tommy and thanks to the Mods for your work on our behalf.

A lifetime ban seems pretty draconian though!

18 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't think people are getting at the mods. I'm sure we all understand they sometimes have a difficult job and we appreciate everything they do to keep an excellent forum going.

However, the ignore button is there for a reason and presumably it would reduce the mods. workload if it was activated by readers who are annoyed by another poster rather than them pressing the report button simply because someone irritates them.

The mods may get a false impression if half a dozen users regularly complain about a poster they don't like, when in fact there may be 10x that number or more who welcome that posters' contributions and would not wish to see him banned.

Of course I'm assuming complaints from fellow OTIB users is the reason Tommy has been banned rather than something more serious.

I certainly didn't see your post as getting at them. Apologies if I gave that impression.

Just my tuppence regarding Tommy.

The bloke spends 1000's to go to games and posted his thoughts on here. OK sometimes its obvious he is a tad under the influence but some of the stuff on here makes me think we all are!

The reaction to it is what bothers me. I for many years refused to hit the ignore button, however it eventually became necessary as it was clear that some people were simply not worth giving the time of day...Tommy was not one of them! 

Commute the sentence I say...!!

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I like Tommy. I love his passion for City in general. The trouble we had is we had previously given him warnings about coming on here in a shall we say 'merry' nature and posting less than helpful stuff.   Infact it got to a situation where we had to put him on mod preview.   Tommy cleaned up his act and behaved under that rule.  So we let him back out on the forum under the condition that if he went back to his old ways we'd be left with very few options.   That's is, unfortunately, what happened.

If he can guarantee that he will behave on here and perhaps enforce a self imposed cufew when he's been on the apples then perhaps we can give it one last shot. 

To be honest you'd have to be an alcoholic to spend thousands of pounds travelling to watch City, I commuted back for every home match last season from London and will do so again this year and it does drive me a little insane. Hopefully spending hours stuck in m4 traffic will be rewarded a little more this season!!!

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I like Tommy. I love his passion for City in general. The trouble we had is we had previously given him warnings about coming on here in a shall we say 'merry' nature and posting less than helpful stuff.   Infact it got to a situation where we had to put him on mod preview.   Tommy cleaned up his act and behaved under that rule.  So we let him back out on the forum under the condition that if he went back to his old ways we'd be left with very few options.   That's is, unfortunately, what happened.

If he can guarantee that he will behave on here and perhaps enforce a self imposed cufew when he's been on the apples then perhaps we can give it one last shot. 

Tommy (bristolcitysweden): "I'm grateful and very happy for a last chance. Things indeed has improved at the club and I will contribute in a constructive manner. COYR!!"

15 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

To be honest you'd have to be an alcoholic to spend thousands of pounds travelling to watch City, I commuted back for every home match last season from London and will do so again this year and it does drive me a little insane. Hopefully spending hours stuck in m4 traffic will be rewarded a little more this season!!!

Let the train take the strain.

Good man.

Maybe he can be given a safe word that people post which ensure he signs out when the beer hits :)  probably too late by then.

Truth be told I love a Tommy rant, you know it's coming as his English gets worse and worse.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Great idea, perhaps Tommy can change his router settings so that it only allows access to OTIB or his device up until 9pm!?

Or even better, get the other half to do it and hide the password 

10 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Tommy (bristolcitysweden): "I'm grateful and very happy for a last chance. Things indeed has improved at the club and I will contribute in a constructive manner. COYR!!"

Own up 1891 B.C. Sweden,  what did you need to edit out? ;)

3 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Great idea, perhaps Tommy can change his router settings so that it only allows access to OTIB or his device up until 9pm!?

Or even better, get the other half to do it and hide the password 

I was going to suggest that but didn't know how it literate Tommy was.(router settings)

Edit. He's probably on his phone in the pub anyway :)

22 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Ok lets see how this goes. He should be ok to post.

Archived