IGNORED

Our club shop is a disgrace (Merged)

sticks 1969

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I'm guessing that you weren't at Senior Reds yesterday @Robbored you could have asked Mark Kelly for an update.

No I wasn’t there yesterday. Two reasons 1) MKelly was speaker.......... I’ve heard him twice before.........:cool2: 2) long-standing prior engagement.

I bet nobody asked him about the PA system......

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No I wasn’t there yesterday. Two reasons 1) MKelly was speaker.......... I’ve heard him twice before.........:cool2: 2) long-standing prior engagement.

I bet nobody asked him about the PA system......

Not the right answer, but I think it is safe to assume that nothing is going to be done to improve it if nothing has been done by now

On 18/12/2019 at 21:33, CyderInACan said:

Maybe a telling quote from Mark Kelly buried in here on the launch of the frankly piss poor “Heritage “ range for Bristol

https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/bears-launch-heritage-range-in-store-and-online/

Bristol Sport managing director Mark Kelly said: “We’re aware of feedback around the range and volume of merchandise available in the Bristol Sport store.

“Unfortunately, due to supplier delays, coupled with increased demand, we have experienced limited retail stock at times this year.

“We apologise to our supporter base for any inconvenience caused and are working on a number of positive solutions that will be rolled out in 2020.

“Customer service is our highest priority and we are always looking to make improvements.”

They  might always be looking to make improvements but they never seem to make any.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

£20 for a bobble hat.

Let there be no doubt that absolutely none of the savings arising from bringing clothing in-house have been passed on to the supporters.

Fulham  were selling theirs for £25 when we were there recently.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

£20 for a bobble hat.

Let there be no doubt that absolutely none of the savings arising from bringing clothing in-house have been passed on to the supporters.

Now I’m confused, why did they give me a choice. I want ‘Bristol’ with the non circular stand alone Robin which isn’t an option, so what do I do...no I’m not paying £40 and swopping the badges ?

While I don’t necessarily think £20 for a bobble hat is particularly overpriced, the one thing that annoys me about the whole in house ‘Bristol Sport’ supply is that I’m sure the big selling point from the club when the idea was released that we would now be doing it ourselves was that it was meant that the supporters would start to see the savings as the club wouldn’t have to give a large percentage to Adidas, Nike or whoever & a large percentage of that mark up would be handed down to the ‘fans’ (customers).

And that hasn’t happened for the tat they are turning out! I would happily pay a little more for a quality item rather than the ‘Fruit of the Loom’ quality we are currently being offered but people are still paying over the top for sub quality items, I just don’t get it!

On 20/12/2019 at 12:36, Sir Geoff said:

New speakers won't solve the problem. Rubbish in rubbish out is the old hi-fi maxim. The acoustics and speaker placement are more likely to be the problem.

They definitely need to rip out those in the dolman they are shocking arena speakers it won't matter where you place them.. The speakers in the dolman need to be moved and also replaced.. If you look at them they are all single or 2 way voice horn speakers if you replace them with at least a 3 way individual speaker spaced out across..You need speakers that are designed to send sound out in a direction..It's because of the height of the stands they need speakers that provide decent acoustics which adds to atmosphere a sound that you can actually feel on your chest.. A patch up job won't make any difference it goes from amp room to speakers the entire lot needs an overhaul.

On 20/12/2019 at 20:49, Sir Geoff said:

Is it just me or are those designs really naff. How difficult is to produce a black beanie with the club crest on the front (That's all I want for Christmas). Looks as though I will have to buy one of the OTIB beanies before the Luton game instead.

Just you. These are lush. Kudos to whoever got these designed and out in time for Xmas. I’ll be getting both.

Absolutely ridiculous the state of the club shop and the online shop. 

I have two kids 9+6 and both have a combined £200 in vouchers to spend in club shop. Ideally they want track suits and bobble hat etc. Nothing in stock in any child size. Then got told behind the till they are expecting a re stock end of February!! Couldn't make it up. 

I'm hoping the rumours are true regarding a proper supplier coming in as this is getting embarrassing. 

It's actually at the point where it's letting down the while re build of the new stadium. 

Archived