IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

43 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

We don't have the money to sack him and get someone else in at the moment. Hence the appointment. He'll be here until we get the funds together to go for someone much much better.

We genuinely could face relegation before that, maybe not this season but based on performances and hours they are getting worse and worse there is only so many seasons we can ride our luck. We actually have a solid squad who should be top 10 without any effort but we don't play to our players strengths at all, we just keep trying to go back to something that worked in league one with the right players or we try something that sees multiple players playing out of their comfort and it shows a lot. 

If we're going to just stick with a yes man who is clueless then take the £2m for Famara as he's not going to be make the difference we need, we may aswell stop buying "experienced players" too because it means nothing to have experience if the decision maker doesn't have any himself. 

13 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Holden is boring I am afraid, absolutely toothless appointment for a club content with mediocrity.

This is correct I am afraid.

After an initial statement of “I am different, and I am honest”. He is a bit boring.

Also says very little. Does not seem to know if we are signing anyone or how our injured players are.

Boring might be harsh. I would currently file him away as “Monotonously Dour”.

I also get the sense that through years of coaching badges and being an assistant at our cosy club, he has the air of someone who thinks he has a masterplan that no-one else sees or would understand - but does not know what it is or how to achieve it himself.

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

This is correct I am afraid.

After an initial statement of “I am different, and I am honest”. He is a bit boring.

Also says very little. Does not seem to know if we are signing anyone or how our injured players are.

Boring might be harsh. I would currently file him away as “Monotonously Dour”.

I also get the sense that through years of coaching badges and being an assistant at our cosy club, he has the air of someone who thinks he has a masterplan that no-one else sees or would understand - but does not know what it is or how to achieve it himself.

Agree, just think he's bland... Doesn't actually inspire you... That blandness must translate to the players also...

42 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Genuine question - what is it you think SL and MA want a manager to say yes to? 

Their over control over the club. I believe they want someone with a weak backbone and won't kick up a fuss when told no. SL doesn't get along well with big personalities. 

DH & LJ are good yes men as they are happy to work with their system. I'm sure they'll be looking for a similar fit if DH were to leave. 

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I don't think it would. The days where our fan base really showed some edge are long gone. Since Bristol Sport come in and changed things, there is very little passion at home games now 

Souless 

Mainly because they have either     been lulled into a bewildered stupor by our football..........or have fallen fully asleep.  Snoring is the principal noise that would  be heard if crowds were allowed in?

We have been lucky this season....used it all up v Huddersfield and its run out today. Thats it,seasons over, Febs games will make todays seem like a walk in the park.

Some will still hope for various heros to come forward/back from injury etc and not cut the hope cord just yet, thats up to them.

Vast trimmings of our squad will occur in summer and if Dean does go, another like minded manager will arrive and the roundabout will turn again never going anywhere....This is The Way...The Bristol City  The SL Way.

23 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Like him ?

Have you read their forum 

A lot have him sussed as somebody who talks a lot 

A 2-2 draw at home to the might Gills today 

Clearly you have read it. Imagine reading through the Sunderland fans forum just to pick out negative comments about LJ just so you can get an 'I told you so' boner. 

50% win ratio in first 12 games but don't let any facts get in the way of your manual manipulation. 

Also, anyone catch the Everton game today? Lost 2-0 to the mighty Newcastle. Ancelotti is a rubbish manager, isn't he. Not as rubbish as that Jurgen Klopp though. Did you see last week he lost 1-0 to the mighty Burnley? 

From my viewpoint.

I'm not delighted with today, I'm not excited by this season, I feel things could've been done better overall.

But jesus christ if today is the worst football you've seen as a city fan be happy you weren't there for mcinnes and o'Driscoll. Wasnt even that long ago.

Just now, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

I'm not delighted with today, I'm not excited by this season, I feel things could've been done better overall.

But jesus christ if today is the worst football you've seen as a city fan be happy you weren't there for mcinnes and o'Driscoll. Wasnt even that long ago.

This football is worse imho but it’s all subjective and maybe the memory eliminates some of the pain of previous performances along the way! 

Just now, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

This is the poorest football to talent ratio I can recall. And I'm recalling some tough seasons.

(I stopped going for most of McInnes and SOD)

4 minutes ago, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

I’ve been there for all those years, the football being served up now is every bit as bad as all those years.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

This is the poorest football to talent ratio I can recall. And I'm recalling some tough seasons.

This.

The players we have at our disposal knock spots off the personnel from those era’s, so if anything it is worse.

Astounding really when you look at the players involved in the last two games that collectively they have managed 4 shots on target against poor opposition.

Comes down to how they are being inspired and set-up. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Football to talent ratio is an interesting comparison I suppose, no way were we getting anything good out of foster.

Still I believe Holden should be given the chance for this season certainly. End of the season take stock and act accordingly, that's when everyone needs to be judged.

10 minutes ago, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

In my opinion it certainly is worse than those two, and those long before. It's the pits. 

9 minutes ago, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

Oh I was there and I can’t see any difference at all.. the football is every bit as bad now ... only difference being this is a better squad playing that badly !!! 

Just now, Kempson said:

Football to talent ratio is an interesting comparison I suppose, no way were we getting anything good out of foster.

Still I believe Holden should be given the chance for this season certainly. End of the season take stock and act accordingly, that's when everyone needs to be judged.

I'm sure he will be given ample time - probably another season or two!

Out of his depth. See Tinnion and Millen for past precedents.

4 minutes ago, Kempson said:

End of the season take stock and act accordingly, that's when everyone needs to be judged.

Sorry but disagree with this. Otherwise no managers would lose their jobs mid-season!

If anything we are on a steady decline and getting worse.

Our last three league wins have been an odd goal late struggle v Wycombe, a good win against an albeit oddly poor Preston and a 2-1 backs against the wall “victory from a battering” against 14th placed Huddersfield.

15 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Clearly you have read it. Imagine reading through the Sunderland fans forum just to pick out negative comments about LJ just so you can get an 'I told you so' boner. 

50% win ratio in first 12 games but don't let any facts get in the way of your manual manipulation. 

Also, anyone catch the Everton game today? Lost 2-0 to the mighty Newcastle. Ancelotti is a rubbish manager, isn't he. Not as rubbish as that Jurgen Klopp though. Did you see last week he lost 1-0 to the mighty Burnley? 

Someone should have warned you that drinking 3 gallons of hand sanitiser may sound a good idea as self vaccination

But it does strange side effects - bizarre thoughts , rants etc

?

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Can you imagine how many will renew their Seasons if he's still there serving up this shyte?

It might be a bit expensive, but the alternative will lose the club more.

Our brief run of looking like contenders will end and we will be back to looking like permanent also-rans.

Money is tight at the moment for many and the bills still have to be paid. A new season ticket isn't even going to make it to my worth considering list, because it simply isn't.

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Money is tight at the moment for many and the bills still have to be paid. A new season ticket isn't even going to make it to my worth considering list, because it simply isn't.

And the Board will take the view that the likes of you will be lost whatever they do so why spend a load of cash changing it?

Dont shoot the messenger btw!!!!!!

Lansbury surely won't be on £40k per week here- the market has changed significantly since March.

That aside, we would surely be more cohesive with less players out- Holden can't be blamed for that, check the injury thread and games missed- think it's one of the worst in the Division.

Even so, we set up poorly and we often do- could we have tried, could we try something different? Always wondered if Wells and Semenyo might be a pair worth a go, horses for courses a bit some games- our setup gives us neither control or stability IMO.

Archived