IGNORED

For the love of God, sack him!

dREDful

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not the point I was presenting. 

I was referring to you expectations... 

So what are your thoughts on Dean Holden then just out of interest? Do you feel he is the breath of fresh air that was promised? Would you give him more time? Genuinely interested to know.

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not the point I was presenting. 

I was referring to you expectations... 

They aren't my expectations they are the club's expectations as promised by our chairman and ceo,

Holden is meeting my expectations by serving up the dross we've had, I was fuming when he was appointed and still am now,

I believe we are in a false position and will be in serious trouble next season if we persist with him,

The is no leadership shown, no style no tactic, good players are regressing at a alarming rate 

I try not to post as much on here because of the anger and disappointment I am feeling with the club, I am disallousioned with it,

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

So what are your thoughts on Dean Holden then just out of interest? Do you feel he is the breath of fresh air that was promised? Would you give him more time? Genuinely interested to know.

Of course he'll get (deserves) more time.! 

He's been ravaged by injuries to key players and we are 3 points off the top 6.

To think otherwise is utterly deluded..! 

Can/should performances be better..? Yes, of course..! 

But I'm fully hoping/expecting that to be down to getting by until. More first choice players return.

IF we look as lost when we have 4/5 1st team players back in, then yes, I'll criticise. 

Until then, I think we are doing the best with drastically depleted recourses. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

But I'm fully hoping/expecting that to be down to getting by until. More first choice players return.

IF we look as lost when we have 4/5 1st team players back in, then yes, I'll criticise. 

So who is missing from your starting ? Who are the 4 to 5 that would play ? 

1 minute ago, Psychopomp said:

So who is missing from your starting ? Who are the 4 to 5 that would play ? 

Dasilva, weimann, Patterson. Baker, Williams & COD, possibly Sesignon, although I'd prefer Hunt based on what we've seen, we need rotation. 

All of which would get regular 1st team action with the current fixture schedule, yet aren't available for selection. 

Then there's the other potential of Walsh, Pring and others who have been recalled and been absent. 

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They aren't my expectations they are the club's expectations as promised by our chairman and ceo,

Holden is meeting my expectations by serving up the dross we've had, I was fuming when he was appointed and still am now,

I believe we are in a false position and will be in serious trouble next season if we persist with him,

The is no leadership shown, no style no tactic, good players are regressing at a alarming rate 

I try not to post as much on here because of the anger and disappointment I am feeling with the club, I am disallousioned with it,

We are half way though the season. We've played everyone, at least once... How is it false..? 

They were probably the expectations based on the squad we had, which has been ravaged. 

We need to be better,  no doubt. 

Having more 1st team player available should hopefully help with that.. 

6 hours ago, Kempson said:

From my viewpoint.

I'm not delighted with today, I'm not excited by this season, I feel things could've been done better overall.

But jesus christ if today is the worst football you've seen as a city fan be happy you weren't there for mcinnes and o'Driscoll. Wasnt even that long ago.

If my memory serves me correctly we started very well under Mcinnes to the point that some fans were wearing Mcinnes is good for you T shirts, then it all went t**s up remind you of anyone?

8 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Let’s be fair about Tuesday, we got annihilated for the last hour of that game. One of the few occasions, ever, that I wasn’t actually that bothered that we won.

I may be in a minority but for me watching football is about enjoying the game not just saying “we won so it was great”. I don’t really enjoy watching players misplace 10 yard passes with monotonous regularity or clearances being lumped up to their centre halves who have time to bring it down and go again. I don’t want to watch us on the back foot for 60 solid minutes tbh.

If the above was the exception I would take it every day of the week but it isn’t the exception, it’s the norm. Points wise we are doing alright. Performance wise the football is complete and utter shite.

You took my comment far more seriously than it was meant.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I was answering your point about maybe young fringe players should be given a game which I took to be a more general point.............and my point is that given the obvious state of the pitch today which was not fit for Professional Football why not stick a young player in who seems to have something about him and could help us play a non league style of football on a non league pitch simply by hugging the touchline and getting the ball in the box as often as he could.

Apologies I misunderstood 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

And are we currently not just 3 points away from that target, if you truly believe that to be benchmark for "success"..? 

We are 3 points off the level you demand, *****. 

Have another look end of Feb, used all our luck up v Huddersfield to get an undeserved 3pts

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

We are half way though the season. We've played everyone, at least once... How is it false..? 

They were probably the expectations based on the squad we had, which has been ravaged. 

We need to be better,  no doubt. 

Having more 1st team player available should hopefully help with that.. 

Still living in hope I see best of luck with thatI Hope Please GIF

Just now, glos old boy said:

Have another look end of Feb, used all our luck up v Huddersfield to get an undeserved 3pts

I wasn't looking into the future and presuming results that haven't happened yet... I was basing it on the facts of where currently are, over half the way through the season. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Dasilva, weimann, Patterson. Baker, Williams & COD, possibly Sesignon, although I'd prefer Hunt based on what we've seen, we need rotation. 

All of which would get regular 1st team action with the current fixture schedule, yet aren't available for selection. 

Then there's the other potential of Walsh, Pring and others who have been recalled and been absent. 

But every team has injuries , does that mean that every manager that gets sacked needs more time ? I am not seeing your logic here, you work with what you’ve got.  You think with those 4 players back, we will start ripping trees up again? I very much doubt we will be any different, teams worked us out in the first 10 games of season

I reckon Dean needs three transfer windows that silently extends to at least 8 . 

More seriously,  he will get to the end of the season and rightly so given the injuries and points tally under difficult circumstances.   The big plus for me is the chance he has given to the likes of Bakinson Semenyo, Edwards, Vyner, Bell, Adelakun and a few more on the subs bench.    So whether it is Dean at the helm or not I do want to see the Club going along the lines of developing and recruiting emerging talented players and  giving them opportunities.  It's even more the right approach given the financial hardship issues that will hit many clubs/

A key skill for me is having a manager who can spot talent in the marker and recruit well with complete independence.  Paul Cook could do it but the jury is out on Dean.    DH seems to like experienced players and I hope it's because he wants balance and still aims to play young players rather than a desire to eventually swamp the team with 30 somethings like Martin, Brunt, Mariappa and Lansbury.  Like it or not there will probably be cash to spend from a Bentley sale to a premier team at the end of the season unless, against the odds, we scrape up.  Cash in this market will give a fantastic opportunity to strengthen, so the key is to have someone who will spend it wisely.  3m here and there on the likes of Palmer, Massengo etc isn't wise in my view.   

But he didn't have much option in not playing Bakinson, Bell, Edwards or even Vyner, did he? People used to moan about LJ playing square pegs in round holes but here we have Wells played out wide, Palmer played out wide, Massengo a right footer played out wide left, a vision of converting Vyner into a midfielder.

Yesterday he started with TWO in midfield, yes TWO (a Hungarian International and a defender being asked to play in midfield) and three up front with Palmer in behind the three looking to thread pin point passes on that pudding of a pitch. Its easy being a manager coming up with these formations on a computer. 

He hasn't a clue about tactics.

He doesn't react quickly enough in games.

He hasn't the experience to think things through or develope his own game plan or identity.

He is not a head coach and we are suffering for it

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

But he didn't have much option in not playing Bakinson, Bell, Edwards or even Vyner, did he? People used to moan about LJ playing square pegs in round holes but here we have Wells played out wide, Palmer played out wide, Massengo a right footer played out wide left, a vision of converting Vyner into a midfielder.

Yesterday he started with TWO in midfield, yes TWO (a Hungarian International and a defender being asked to play in midfield) and three up front with Palmer in behind the three looking to thread pin point passes on that pudding of a pitch. Its easy being a manager coming up with these formations on a computer. 

He doesn't react quickly enough in games.

He hasn't the experience to think things through or develope his own game plan or identity.

He is not a head coach and we are suffering for it

Well said. I'd add his refusal to give serious game time to the likes of Edwards and Bell really gets me when the 'senior' players are performing poorly. Just how are our academy players supposed to progress if not given many minutes in the midst of a major injury crisis. If not now, when?

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You’ve just lost any credit you ever had with that ridiculous post I’m sorry!

15 hours ago, hollydog said:

Uninspiring interview on RB. He suggested that we had - at least on occasion- we had played well this season. If so I can’t remember when!

That to me is the most worrying point. I agree I heard that IV on radio bristle and also reproduced on robins TV. We have not played well this season at all, and if DH or he staff think we have they are in cloud cookoo land. The Huddersfield game was a prime example.  They bossed us and on another day would have scored 4 or 5. Many more like that..Forest away prime example.

That said I am totally against getting rid of him..He needs the chance to get the quality needed in the middle of the park to make a huge difference.  The midfield yesterday was simply not championship standard 

There are plenty of talented coaches out there with fresh ideas who would work inside this type of European coaching framework. Our last Head Coach came with fresh ideas and a game plan. He brought like minded people in to help support that.

All the Hierarchy have done is sacked the head coach but employed his assistant, someone with the same ideas but not the vision of a head coach. Its the "Millen Factor" all over again. A great number 2 but hasn't got the depth to be a head coach. After being sacked by us he was quite happy going back to being a number 2 at Palace and there's nothing wrong in that. Its knowing your level.

If they didn't want to employ a "big name" there are plenty of other coaches and ex pros who've played top level football looking to move into management. Yesterday was a prime example.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

So if Palmer wasn't in 'midfield' or 'upfront' where was he? Well, we all saw he had to drop so deep to get the ball he wasn't 'behind the front three' rather he was just in front of the back four, left side albeit, but midfield for sure.

You state we played 3 upfront but again and for the umpteenth time this season, in starting with Wells and Semenyo we had but one upfront. 

To those calling for the manager's head recall these aren't HIS players. Drop, too, the 'injuries' distraction, those out aren't much better than those from which we presently have to choose. Those he's had to bring in, the blooding of youth, show nothing other than they're not Championship material. They simply aren't good enough. Semenyo's name appeared on the teamsheet (again) else it would have been difficult to know he turned out.  Wells is one of the most expensive jokes in history. Fella hasn't the touch or presence to hold the ball up. His ability in front of goal, woeful. As an athlete Bakinson would make a great basketball player. Again yesterday when marking the edge of the box he resembled a point guard. played as though his most important role was absolutely never to make contact. Tackling, forget it. He recalls that kid from Whitchurch they used to bring out as pre-match entertainment. King of the keepy-uppy. Exquisite touch but couldn't play football for toffee. If there was no opposition the pitch Bakinson would be a world-beater, his problem is there is.

As for Mariappa, well. Either his form's taken a deep dive off an Acapulcon cliff else it's a mystery how he played so frequently at a higher grade? Chasing shadows, positioning all over the shop and if you're expecting him to spot, track and defend runs you're going to be disappointed.

So rather than point all blame at Holden recognise what's clearly there for all to see, that the majority of our players are not good enough to compete in the Championship. For that you have to thank the managerial maestro who again yesterday dropped cheap points with the Mackams.

The problem is the STRATEGY.

The strategy that SL developed and is - currently - wedded to.

The strategy delivered Holden. I strongly suspect no other serious candidate would work within the strategy framework.

SL’s strategy is not questioned within the Club as everyone in power  - particularly the CEO - has a major self- interest in maintaining the status quo. Only a few players, who can see what this unhealthy situation is doing to their own careers, are starting to question things. 

SL needs someone from outside of the current set up to come in and review the strategy. An independent audit by an experienced and qualified football man. That is being smart. Slavishly following a strategy which, at best, has failed to deliver and at worse is starting to show serious inherent flaws is not good practice in any business.

The whole set up needs review, Academy, Player Development, Coaching, Fitness, Medical, Player Analysis, Transfers, the Manager and CEO performance. Several aspects will pass scrutiny - with tweaks. Several, I suspect, would fail. 

NOW is the time to conduct the review... we need to put things right in advance of the end of season.

Will SL do it? Doubt it and, as a consequence, we will not progress. 

The broader Bristol Sport strategy also needs review... but I suspect will score better than the football one.

The Bristol Sport concept btw, in my opinion, is great - although I do wonder about the use of transferable skills, knowledge within the group and whether we are using opportunities that exist to best advantage. 

13 hours ago, bris red said:

Astonishing isn’t it that will still have parts of the fanbase blindly in support of this clearly failing regime. Like fair enough if the performances were half about and it was a case of losing because of fine margins in games you could understand it but we are playing so so badly and it has been going on for a sustained period now- the football is genuinely the worst i have ever seen in the last 25 years supporting the club.

I know we’ve had injuries but I can’t get my head around how we can look decent (and exciting), structured and relatively tough (for a City side) in the opening 6-8 games of the season, to the shower I’m now regularly watching, apart from the odd game.

I really don’t know what to make of it.

2 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Ah yes, the famous LJ game plan that worked so well. Perhaps you could remind us of it?

i know the football thus far on DH has been shyte but let’s not start making things up

I'll help you remember; when he converted Reid into a striker that was a master stroke when some on here would have taken £250k and driven him to his next club. We benefited with that high energy game plan.

Then you only have to think back to the start of last season with Pack being sold and Nagy coming in along with Afobe. You could see a clear game plan and style there of moving the ball quickly through the angles.

Archived