Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

LANSDOWN ON TALKSPORT THIS MORNING


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, chowie said:

not listen to TS for years, just tuned in to IDLES - Model Village, do they always play that?

A lot of nine fingered boys in the village
They haven't got much choice in the village
Model car, model wife, model village
Model far, model right, model village

gasheads...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cityexile said:

That’s the worry. In fairness if he does well and attracts interest from ‘bigger clubs’ then it’s going to be tough. Got to make him feel loved and that he can achieve things here.

If he does well, the fans will want him. 

If he leaves without a job to go to...because of differences, then I can imagine the fan base will be asking many questions.

If it's down to recruitment... we'll know the answer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spudski said:

If he does well, the fans will want him. 

If he leaves without a job to go to...because of differences, then I can imagine the fan base will be asking many questions.

If it's down to recruitment... we'll know the answer.

I'd be very surprised if SL sacrificed NP in favour of MA

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Jordan once punched at our ground? I’m sure I’ve heard he was having a cigarette at half time in the play off game and was smacked by someone ?

As a pundit I like Jordan, very knowledgeable about the game. Could do worse than get him in on a short term contract to review the club from top to bottom

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Absolutely agree RR. 

Back in his Palace days he tended to come across as a bit of a knob. 

I've been more than pleasantly surprised at listening to him talking a lot of sense on TS. 

Doesn't he show up a lot of the ex pros (and Jim White) with his thinking and ability to dissect and analyse issues? 

If it weren't for the fact that AG is not big enough for his and SL's egos, I reckon he would be ideal as a chief exec. Can you imagine him working with Pearson? 

SJ clearly admires Pearson as a football manager but noted that he (Pearson) needs to be handled ‘carefully’ and you’re spot on that  he and SL are too similar to get along. I can’t imagine SJ working for anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

SJ clearly admires Pearson as a football manager but noted that he (Pearson) needs to be handled ‘carefully’ and you’re spot on that  he and SL are too similar to get along. I can’t imagine SJ working for anyone.

 

Simon Jordon is a pillock I think he made a lot of that up like most fans, I think Pearson will do a decent job here, I was hoping for either Howe or Cook but he's a decent manager, I hope he brings in Craig Shakespeare and fires the other two clowns out the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, daored said:

Was Jordan once punched at our ground? I’m sure I’ve heard he was having a cigarette at half time in the play off game and was smacked by someone ?

As a pundit I like Jordan, very knowledgeable about the game. Could do worse than get him in on a short term contract to review the club from top to bottom

I recall Colin saying he was punched after the playoff semi final win as he made his way off the pitch, don’t remember anything about Jordan though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Simon Jordon is a pillock I think he made a lot of that up like most fans, I think Pearson will do a decent job here, I was hoping for either Howe or Cook 

I would have agreed with you when SJ was owner at Palace but he’s a very different character these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spudski said:

If he does well, the fans will want him. 

If he leaves without a job to go to...because of differences, then I can imagine the fan base will be asking many questions.

If it's down to recruitment... we'll know the answer.

I don’t think Ashton will be here if our Nige stays. Ashton is gonna lose all control of the footballing side and that means “Goodbye Ashton” - trying to be polite.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, daored said:

Was Jordan once punched at our ground? I’m sure I’ve heard he was having a cigarette at half time in the play off game and was smacked by someone ?

As a pundit I like Jordan, very knowledgeable about the game. Could do worse than get him in on a short term contract to review the club from top to bottom

Yeh so rumour has it. He used to hate us but seems to be mellowing nowadays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I recall Colin saying he was punched after the playoff semi final win as he made his way off the pitch, don’t remember anything about Jordan though.

I remember Warnock saying that also.

Wasn't Simon Jordan complaining about feeling unsafe and threatened when he went outside for a smoke? That seems to ring a bell.

Edited by beaverface
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, daored said:

Was Jordan once punched at our ground? I’m sure I’ve heard he was having a cigarette at half time in the play off game and was smacked by someone ?

As a pundit I like Jordan, very knowledgeable about the game. Could do worse than get him in on a short term contract to review the club from top to bottom

No , he was given some verbal , taking the mick about him being ‘Tango Man’

Warnock states he was given a poke as fans invaded , but in fairness to him has always laughed about it when Ive heard him mention it

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I'd be very surprised if SL sacrificed NP in favour of MA

 

2 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

I don’t think Ashton will be here if our Nige stays. Ashton is gonna lose all control of the footballing side and that means “Goodbye Ashton” - trying to be polite.

Nothing would surprise me these days.

I can imagine the scenario of NP keeping us up, then saying if you want promotion you need to change the remit.

As SL has said...he doesn't want anyone changing things.

Hence the cautious appointment.

Could easily see leaving under mutual consent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spudski said:

 

Nothing would surprise me these days.

I can imagine the scenario of NP keeping us up, then saying if you want promotion you need to change the remit.

As SL has said...he doesn't want anyone changing things.

Hence the cautious appointment.

Could easily see leaving under mutual consent.

Can't see that happening. This appointment seems almost unanimously popular amongst the fans, SL had to give in to fan pressure to go for this sort of appointment. The uproar it would cause if Pearson gets us playing well, we survive then leaves under mutual consent in favour of Ashton!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spudski said:

 

Nothing would surprise me these days.

I can imagine the scenario of NP keeping us up, then saying if you want promotion you need to change the remit.

As SL has said...he doesn't want anyone changing things.

Hence the cautious appointment.

Could easily see leaving under mutual consent.

he'd be a fool to sacrifice possible promotion in order to protect his structure. He's spent five years effectively treading water.

SL has been known to say one thing and do the other!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I remember Warnock saying that also.

Wasn't Simon Jordan complaining about feeling unsafe and threatened when he went outside for a smoke? That seems to ring a bell.

I remember seeing his get punched as he was escorted to the changing rooms by security. Warnock wound the crowd up even before the game kicked off. Didnt know Jordan was threatened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roe said:

Nah.  Jon (drummer) is a City fan

i've seen pics of the singer or guitarist in a Gas shirt and read an interview where he talked about watching them

relieved to see the drummer is City tho! - i can listen again now :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

 

Simon Jordon is a pillock I think he made a lot of that up like most fans, I think Pearson will do a decent job here, I was hoping for either Howe or Cook but he's a decent manager, I hope he brings in Craig Shakespeare and fires the other two clowns out the door.

You would rather Cook over Pearson? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I remember seeing his get punched as he was escorted to the changing rooms by security. Warnock wound the crowd up even before the game kicked off. Didnt know Jordan was threatened.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/bristol-city-mob-abused-me-says-simon-jordan-6636686.html 

Quote

 

Angry Simon Jordan claims he was abused by a mob of Bristol City fans who called him "a poof" during Crystal Palace's controversial play-off semi-final defeat at Ashton Gate on Tuesday.

The Palace chairman went outside the stadium at half-time to smoke a cigarette when he was confronted. "I was called every name under the sun by hundreds of morons outside the ground," said Jordan.

"They called me a poof, they called me orange and plenty of other insults that you could not print in a newspaper. They were being particularly vitriolic, but I just kept my head down. What can you do? They are morons."

The Football Association are investigating the chaos at full-time, when Palace boss Neil Warnock claimed he was punched during a pitch invasion.

"I saw the scenes and they were disgraceful," said Jordan, whose side lost 2-1 to go out 4-2 on aggregate. "No one should ever be attacked in any walk of life."

 

Yeah its in his book

Edited by !james
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't see that happening. This appointment seems almost unanimously popular amongst the fans, SL had to give in to fan pressure to go for this sort of appointment. The uproar it would cause if Pearson gets us playing well, we survive then leaves under mutual consent in favour of Ashton!

 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

he'd be a fool to sacrifice possible promotion in order to protect his structure. He's spent five years effectively treading water.

SL has been known to say one thing and do the other!

I'm not so sure...I really do think he will put his system of sustainability first. Making money is just as important as the playing side. Hence MA's involvement.

The last time we had a manager demanding certain players and money, Pelling walked. 

I too feel the system needs to change for it to work.

A budget should be given, and the manager chooses the players within that budget. Not...we are going to buy players within our budget, but they also have to have a sell on value. That only works so far.

MA's job should be budget and negotiating contracts and selling players at a profit.

He should have no influence in recruitment.

At the moment he's juggling two balls. Trying to find players that will win games...but they also have to have a sell on value, where he can make profit. Ticking two boxes.

SL isn't going to let any manager lose us money so to speak. He wants sustainability as much as promotion imo.

He'd have to change tact otherwise.

 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...