IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I can't believe that anybody is surprised by the verdict, including our new owners. I think that the charge against the ground re. Sainsbury's legal costs was set at £199k. They didn't exactly put a lot of effort into the appeal, other than their legal reps being in Court on both days to go through the motions.

The real winners are the NIMBY groups, same as with Ashton Vale.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I can't believe that anybody is surprised by the verdict, including our new owners. I think that the charge against the ground re. Sainsbury's legal costs was set at £199k. They didn't exactly put a lot of effort into the appeal, other than their legal reps being in Court on both days to go through the motions.

The real winners are the NIMBY groups, same as with Ashton Vale.

Are you kidding ? George Fergusion has single handedly made Bristol ,Sports super capital of the world, or something. Surely that means we are a go ahead, forward thinking and pro-active village... I mean City ???

Anyway , I thought this was funny. Might have been on here before, can't be arsed to look.

1460190_10154698026823642_34573816922915

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

That is a whole lot of wrong

Quick poll - is anyone scared of the Blue Few? I'll start it off - I'm not

No I'm not scared of them, but more to the point I wouldn't swop a single thing about our club for anything they have. The ONLY thing I can seriously come up with that might be slightly better is their pasties if they still have them. I wouldn't want their players, manager, chairman, ground, prices, kit, in fact apart from the pasties absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

No I'm not scared of them, but more to the point I wouldn't swop a single thing about our club for anything they have. The ONLY thing I can seriously come up with that might be slightly better is their pasties if they still have them. I wouldn't want their players, manager, chairman, ground, prices, kit, in fact apart from the pasties absolutely nothing.

I like our new pasties :yawn:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

I like our new pasties :yawn:

That settles it then, if they can't out pasty us then I wouldn't swop a thing. :clapping:

The Gasheads were all joyous a few weeks ago, but as I said at the time if it seems too good to be true then it probably is and they should be careful what they wish for. Let's just sit back and see what happens now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Just seen on slagchat Toni Watola thinking of going to the Supreme Court, talk about flogging a dead horse, Still wont let on about Plan B. Looks like Piggs bailed out in time. It's now safe to go shopping back in Sainsburys.

Thought the Judge said 'that's yer lot'?

That said, if they are thinking of taking this to Diana Ross is can only mean one or two things.

1/ They are short of the fund to pay the legal fees and want to buy time.

2/ Actually the sale of the Mem is far more financially significant than Wally has been saying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thought the Judge said 'that's yer lot'?

That said, if they are thinking of taking this to Diana Ross is can only mean one or two things.

1/ They are short of the fund to pay the legal fees and want to buy time.

2/ Actually the sale of the Mem is far more financially significant than Wally has been saying.

Is there not a presevation order on the minimal as its a war memorial, does it not have to stay as a sports facilty. Maybe Plan B will be to redevelop the minimal and forget all about UWE.

44 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Well, we've got Bolton to be scared of first. Then the likes of Hull City, Derby County, Sheffield Wednesday, Blackburn, QPR - you know, clubs that were in the Premier League, clubs trying to get back to the Premier League.

You can only worry about so much at any one time.

If it's any consolation to them, I'll worry about Rovers over the summer when we haven't got trying to beat clubs like Derby and Wednesday to worry about. Then we can worry about little old L2 clubs up the road 

What year was it we were last worried about them, from a derby / league table point of view?

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Beautifully put, M. Can't argue with any of that. Not been there for a long, long time, but their pasties were good!

12 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Is there not a presevation order on the minimal as its a war memorial, does it not have to stay as a sports facilty. Maybe Plan B will be to redevelop the minimal and forget all about UWE.

A distinct possibility.  It'll be interesting to see if they field a director on tonight's 20p show on RB to answer the obvious "what next" questions.  

3 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

What year was it we were last worried about them, from a derby / league table point of view?

Beautifully put, M. Can't argue with any of that. Not been there for a long, long time, but their pasties were good!

I was just discussing this with my younger son - aged 23. He can't really remember us playing Rovers in the league, as we've not done so since he was at primary school. It's almost exactly 30 years since Rovers left Eastville…a footballing lifetime. In that time they've finished above us on just 5 occasions…and never by more than 6 places…which for local "rivals" is a pitiful record.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I was just discussing this with my younger son - aged 23. He can't really remember us playing Rovers in the league, as we've not done so since he was at primary school. It's almost exactly 30 years since Rovers left Eastville…a footballing lifetime. In that time they've finished above us on just 5 occasions…and never by more than 6 places…which for local "rivals" is a pitiful record.

I've been going since 87, so getting on for 30 years too....is that true they've only finished above us 5 times, I'd have put money on it being more. Pitiful, I like that word when it comes to talking about the blue few

Someone will know when they were last above us, remember someone quoting how many days it was not so long back, anyone??

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I've been going since 87, so getting on for 30 years too....is that true they've only finished above us 5 times, I'd have put money on it being more. Pitiful, I like that word when it comes to talking about the blue few

Someone will know when they were last above us, remember someone quoting how many days it was not so long back, anyone??

Think it was 15 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

It's only once in the last 20 years, 99/00, when Pulis did for us.

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:
francegas Avatar
What do you make of the wording in the clubs initial statement of "We will be looking closely at the judgement to assess it's implications FOR THE CLUB AND IT'S FUTURE and will make a further statement in dur course

Does that mean they're f*cked?

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Think it was 15 years ago. 

That's what it is in my head too, I know I was childless when it happened....

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

It's only once in the last 20 years, 99/00, when Pulis did for us.

What a tosser that bloke was. Even more reason to dislike the smug *****

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

They finished 6 places above us in 88-89, 1 (painfully) in 89-90, 4 places ahead in 91-92, 3 in 95-96 and Malago is right, the only time they've finished above us since was by 2 places in 99-00.

Loving that link TwoSheds!

15 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

They finished 6 places above us in 88-89, 1 (painfully) in 89-90, 4 places ahead in 91-92, 3 in 95-96 and Malago is right, the only time they've finished above us since was by 2 places in 99-00.

Loving that link TwoSheds!

Poor, pitiful, almost!

17 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Top man. That is a long time ago

So, back to my original point - is anyone scared by this lot!?

1 hour ago, Mr Roper said:

Anyone would think it was our fault with all the abuse coming our way on their forums .

Surprised they havent blamed Wycombe Wanders yet .

Apparently there were City fans in the court room.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Too wide a range to guess. However, Sainsburys almost certainly won't be getting every single penny spent on their defence back. What will happen now is the parties will to and fro about the costs incurred and agree a proportion for which Rovers are liable, or go to a costs hearing. Rovers may have taken (very expensive) insurance out againsts costs too .

Why on earth would they have even considered this when the contract was deemed so "watertight"...

9 minutes ago, I'm Sparti-Bob said:

Why on earth would they have even considered this when the contract was deemed so "watertight"...

The fact that Higgs got out before the result he obviously knew they were going to lose this appeal.

37 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

What is this Plan B they are talking about? Staying at the mem (redevelopment)? Groundsharing/merger with FGR at the M5?  

Forest Green Bristol Rovers FC? 

Rumours been around for a few weeks that there is already a deal in place to sell the land for housing development. @Kid in the Riot is usually pretty accurate with his info - watch this space!

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:
francegas Avatar
What do you make of the wording in the clubs initial statement of "We will be looking closely at the judgement to assess it's implications FOR THE CLUB AND IT'S FUTURE and will make a further statement in dur course" 

It's concerning!

I love the fact that in typical deluded Rovers fashion the post went totally unanswered.....they refuse to see the shit there in..AGAIN!!