IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

With regard to an announcement about UWE - be honest, would you want to pick up one of Nick Higgs' projects and run with it, without going through all the details with a fine tooth comb first? 

Better use a nit comb.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

Definitely scared about a league 2 club. Deary me, delusions of grandeur.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago
Henbury Gas and crazyblues71 like this.
Did anyone expect us to win? 

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do. 

They're scared and they don't want to admit it.

Jesus Christ he got TWO likes for his comment, talk about getting a rousing reception for his post... :laugh:

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

That made me chuckle, thanks for sharing. The "world class" description of UWE had me chuckling, along with the "our time is coming" line that's been trotted out yearly for the last 16 years.

Amazing scenes.

21 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago

As for the other lot, **** em? Wael has said how important a stadium is regardless of today's result. They've been backed by billions and achieved **** all except for bouncing between League 1 and the Championship, and are just making the most of the little time that they have left above us. They've mocked DC and he's turned out to be excellent and a breath of fresh air, they've mocked the way we've been ran, and now we're being ran well, they've mocked the way we have no money, and now we do. 

Oh dear, I think I've **** myself.

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Gold over on gaschat.

mariobalotelli Avatar
mariobalotelli
Reserve Team
7 hours ago

Mario Balotelli, indeed !

So an asshead names himself after a knobhead !! :facepalm:

32 minutes ago, 22A said:

Is there anyone on that forum who isn't a deluded tw at?

If they're so certain that Wael is going to stump up for the UWE Stadium why do they seem to care so much about whether City fans are giving them a taste of their own medicine? 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

50 minutes ago, 1982 said:

I work for Sainsburys

Despite your "newbie" status @1982, you are now hereby conferred with the freedom of OTIB meaning that you have the ability to move around the board, reading and commenting upon any threads you like. This is an honour rarely bestowed but on this occasion it is fitting due to your role working in Britain's leading and very much loved (in many parts of Bristol and surrounding areas) supermarket chain. You will be feted wherever you visit. Welcome.

• Like 2

Just reading the Bristol Post website re the rovers devastating loss today, and usually the adverts on there make me mad but the advert under the following picture I thought was class. Savings to blow you away (on legal costs),  perhaps they could get a ground from EBay.  #MyLittleBigVictory

DSC_0006.JPG

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Despite your "newbie" status @1982, you are now hereby conferred with the freedom of OTIB meaning that you have the ability to move around the board, reading and commenting upon any threads you like. This is an honour rarely bestowed but on this occasion it is fitting due to your role working in Britain's leading and very much loved (in many parts of Bristol and surrounding areas) supermarket chain. You will be feted wherever you visit. Welcome.

Honestly I have the most dreary job ever. The prospect of knowing that all my hard work and that of my work mates would benefit the sags almost made me quit.

However justice has been done. Plus my annual bonus is safe and due  in a couple weeks. Hoorah!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 1982 said:

Honestly I have the most dreary job ever. The prospect of knowing that all my hard work and that of my work mates would benefit the sags almost made me quit.

However justice has been done. Plus my annual bonus is safe and due  in a couple weeks. Hoorah!

All of your posts will hereafter be "liked" until I forget to do it or until you show signs of booing the board by proxy. Loved watching you on The Voice btw.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

"The definition of the Cut Off Date is not straightforward, and its exposition is not assisted by some rather inelegant drafting."

"There followed a period during which Sainsbury's and Bristol disputed whether Condition 11 was a Store Onerous Condition, such as to allow Sainsbury's to assert that the permission was not an Acceptable Store Planning Permission. The argument was made possible because of the ambiguity to which I have referred in the drafting of the definition of Store Onerous Condition."

Watertight.

Interestingly, stopping short of saying Sainsbury's terminated at the cut off date, they found the high court was wrong and they could have pulled out even sooner! 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

All of your posts will hereafter be "liked" until I forget to do it or until you show signs of booing the board by proxy. Loved watching you on The Voice btw.

Incidentally, I just performed an inadvertent breach of the OTIB swear filter. If you open bracket then type the word "until", asterisks blot out the ( and the first three letters! I suppose it's obvious really, but it made me smile. I may be rude but I ain't that rude!

9 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Should have bought the Forest Green version, a far better bet.

I'm not sure Mr Al Qadi could even afford to buy Dale Vince out. A couple of years ago Ecotricity was valued at about £80 million.

and while the Gas are getting excited about the possibility of a Bristol league derby next season in the league, it's still quite possible that the FGR v Bristol Rovers derby could return.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Is there anyone on that forum who isn't a deluded tw at?

If they're so certain that Wael is going to stump up for the UWE Stadium why do they seem to care so much about whether City fans are giving them a taste of their own medicine? 

They are deluded and clearly worried, they are also so concerned about what we think! It's hilarious:yes: 

The new owner is supposably in London trying to get financiers on board to help pay for their new ground.... why would he need help if he's super duper rich???  something doesn't add up, and they are beginning to get worried now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

They are deluded and clearly worried, they are also so concerned about what we think! It's hilarious:yes: 

The new owner is supposably in London trying to get financiers on board to help pay for their new ground.... why would he need help if he's super duper rich???  something doesn't add up, and they are beginning to get worried now!

They've made their Bedouin, now they have to lie about it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Without the supermarket surely the UWE deal is piss poor. Won't the Arab banker want all the revenue streams back instead of splitting it with the polytechnic if he has to finance it himself?

I've not looked to deeply into the arrangement, because I don't really care, but isn't it UWE land? In which case they are right to expect to earn money from it. It amounts to a joint venture , if the Worlds richest man wants to really crack on he has to get a stadium solely owned by and ran by the club . Otherwise they are one step up from tenants again !  6th richest club in the UK/world ??? This would not be a problem ..... what do you mean they were in London looking for finance ?

12 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Incidentally, I just performed an inadvertent breach of the OTIB swear filter. If you open bracket then type the word "until", asterisks blot out the ( and the first three letters! I suppose it's obvious really, but it made me smile. I may be rude but I ain't that rude!

You rude old ****er!

• Like 1