IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:42pm  gashead79 said:

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:26pm  chippenhamgas said:

We have never been categorically told that uwe will be built, the new owners have been very careful with the language they have used regarding this and for good reason, there is obviously an element of doubt, probably small but enough to avoid being caught out. They have said that the club needs a new stadium, which we all know and have for some time. Hearing Watola prattle on makes my doubts increase.Do you think waqqa has bought the club to remain at ramshackle Mem?
Do you think NH would have bailed if there was a chance UWE was nailed on?
Would you buy a boat with a hole in the bottom without the ambition to fix it and sail it?

Problem is we've no idea what Wael's bought so far, for all we know he's just rearranged the debts and once he's looked closely at the UWE plans could decide it's a none starter and put the club up for sale/into admin. I appreciate that's pretty unlikely but then again I thought we'd never see TW still around now let alone still in front of the camera's!! 

One persons opinion, it's hardly worth a new thread Coombsy..

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

As an overall set of fans we are obsessed with them. Thread after thread, post after post.  One thread has tens of thousands of views and posts

I don't go on their forum but I had a look to see if there were any posts on us.  Not one.  Not even after one of our players was on the front page of the Sun.

So you missed these then......

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6380/oh-dear-hahaha

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6377/sheed-heads-eads

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6208/gormless-sheeds

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6385/extracting-urine

There are also various others but I ain't got time to link them all here. We have one big thread taking the piss, they post several threads about all matters bcfc.....we are no more "obsessed" then they are.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So you missed these then......

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6380/oh-dear-hahaha

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6377/sheed-heads-eads

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6208/gormless-sheeds

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6385/extracting-urine

There are also various others but I ain't got time to link them all here. We have one big thread taking the piss, they post several threads about all matters bcfc.....we are no more "obsessed" then they are.

They put them under General Sport I see. I didn't go hunting too far to be honest.  Perhaps we should have a Rovers part of the forum for threads like this 

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Ah, Crumpy, Tormod, Little Boy Boo, Steve Gresham, Ledbitter.....I think I may cry !:grr:

A few years ago Jason Crump was Speedway World Champion. In an interview he stated "I still have my Dad's Bristol Bulldogs bib. If they ever get speedway back in Bristol, I'd be proud to go and ride for them". I saw Jason riding at P'boro' a few years ago and Dad Phil was helping in the pits.

Presumably one day someone, somewhere will fund and move Somerset Rebels from Oaktree into Bristol and rename them?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They put them under General Sport I see. I didn't go hunting too far to be honest.  Perhaps we should have a Rovers part of the forum for threads like this 

We do, one dedicated thread!!!

I'm sure if you trawl the general sport section - where things get moved rather than started - you'd see similar levels of views and posts. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

As an overall set of fans we are obsessed with them. Thread after thread, post after post.  One thread has tens of thousands of views and posts

I don't go on their forum but I had a look to see if there were any posts on us.  Not one.  Not even after one of our players was on the front page of the Sun.

Are you genuinely unable to work out why there is a thread containing thousands of views and posts about a team called Bristol Rovers on a Bristol City forum?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Can't work out why loads of city fans are obsessed with rovers.  

But we're not obsessed, just generally taking the piss on one thread.....usually for good reason.

We're top dogs in Bristol, have been for a long time.....we've earned this time to take the piss as they would if tables were turned. If you want to see obsessive, bitter, delusion your looking at the wrong forum 

6 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

But we're not obsessed, just generally taking the piss on one thread.....usually for good reason.

We're top dogs in Bristol, have been for a long time.....we've earned this time to take the piss as they would if tables were turned. If you want to see obsessive, bitter, delusion your looking at the wrong forum 

16 minutes ago, Red Ferret said:

Er...they are our rivals and have been for the last 100 or so years 

Am I seriously explaining this to a fellow Bristol City fan? I'm going back to bed 

They are not significant enough for me to spend any time thinking about or discussing (bar making my point today obviously, before you hilariously pick up on that). 

Just puzzled as to the thousands of posts about them but you carry on.  

34 minutes ago, Red Ferret said:

Er...they are our rivals and have been for the last 100 or so years 

Am I seriously explaining this to a fellow Bristol City fan? I'm going back to bed 

24 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Oh and and average of 20 posts per day and hundreds of views per day is a bit obsessive 

32 minutes ago, RedDave said:

They are not significant enough for me to spend any time thinking about or discussing (bar making my point today obviously, before you hilariously pick up on that). 

Just puzzled as to the thousands of posts about them but you carry on.  

I see where your coming from Dave but there's always been threads about Rovers on here as there has always been threads about City on thier forums (despite how they pretend otherwise).

The problem is that they keep giving us things to laugh at the about, it may not be everyone's humour but since they gave us both barrels about our relegation to League 1 in 2013 and the Ashton Vale fiasco I've REALLY enjoyed their constant gifts of either failure on the pitch or failure off the pitch.

This isn't unique to Bristol football, taking the piss out of closest rivals happens on all forums that I've seen, it's just our forum is much busier than others and they've given us more ammunition recently. The countless threads they start on us get moved to the 'general sport' section of their forum because they only have threads about Rovers in the main section where as OTIBs main forum is for all football chat.

As we have thousands more members our threads will have hundreds more posts and you can guarantee a sizeable number of 'views' are from Gas stalkers wanting to know what's going on, so just for them....

:sub: Hi Slagheads....How's the new Stadium going?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

It's all under a thread named, rather conveniently, "Bristol Rovers"

Edited by Libertine1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Oh and and average of 20 posts per day and hundreds of views per day is a bit obsessive 

See the last paragraph in my post above Dave regarding the fact that we have thousands more members on OTIB so hundreds more posts per day and lots of Gas stalkers adding to the view count.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Which includes 5 posts from you this morning and no doubt several views.....maybe you shouldn't be so obsessive!

if they keep on coming up with reasons for us to take the piss then we will naturally oblige.....that's football rivalry. There are plenty of city related threads you can contribute to, or, like TMOR, you can continue to fist shake other city fans for having a laugh at the gas expense

5 hours ago, redfred said:

I wonder how many times Rovers have sold out your various homes since 1982? Five, maybe six, times? 

Thinking logically - this will be a new phenomenon to you - we have probably sold out more time this season than you lot have since 1982.

If I were you I'd stop the 1982 jibes, as it seems to be more embarrassing for you than for us.

Oh and by the way, any chance you could give me a shout when you do eventually overtake us, build your new stadium, have a wealthier owner than us, etc etc, as I've seen children be born, grow up, get jobs and have their own children since the last time Rovers were in a higher division than BCFC.

My youngest lad is 16, other than the freight rover game ( or whatever it is now!) he's never seen a Bristol derby.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

You've got to,say that they are probably going up automatically now. Arse.

Probably? Looks too close with plymuff and Accrington to me to say probably.