IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Rumours been around for a few weeks that there is already a deal in place to sell the land for housing development. @Kid in the Riot is usually pretty accurate with his info - watch this space!

If that's true, then you will get no where near the sum you would of received from Sainsburys. When the Ashton Vale saga was ongoing, SL said that without Sainsburys paying over the odds for the Gate, there would be no new stadium.

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:
Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

Given how 'immoral' Shamesburys have acted throughout this process, how would you react if gasheads started actively shoplifting from their stores, it is wrong and immoral of course but I guess it's the only way the little man wins against these corporations.

This is so wrong on many levels but if any Gashead does this , could you get me a pound of sausages please ? 

48 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Poor, pitiful, almost!

Top man. That is a long time ago

So, back to my original point - is anyone scared by this lot!?

If we stay up this season, or they fail to get promoted, that will guarantee 16 years since they were last above us in the League. Will we have to call them the 16ers then? 

3 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

It's times like this that I wish it was curry's that shat on them !!!

Be thankful it wasn't Nick Higgs who shat on them. No-one could want to 'lift' that. 

Edited by Guest

They should just build at the Mem, in reality how big a stadium do they need ?

Let Bristol Sport and UWE build a indoor athletics/gymnastics stadium with covers to convert for tennis/badminton on the UWE sight, would be much better use of space  (btw Bristol Gymnasts have to travel/train in Basingstoke for some of their routines as it has the closest facilities).

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Let Bristol Sport and UWE build a indoor athletics/gymnastics stadium with covers to convert for tennis/badminton on the UWE sight, would be much better use of space  (btw Bristol Gymnasts have to travel/train in Basingstoke for some of their routines as it has the closest facilities).

That IMO is as close to a realistic plan B they are going to get.

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

They've sold out the minimal how many times in two decades again? I think that answers your question if they need a bigger stadium.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If we stay up this season, or they fail to get promoted, that will guarantee 16 years since they were last above us in the League. Will we have to call them the 16ers then? 

Ha, like it! Will we get to us both being called 82ers....!?

9 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

They've sold out the minimal how many times in two decades again? I think that answers your question if they need a bigger stadium.

Don't forget all that latent support they have,just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting,and waiting........................

48 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Rumours been around for a few weeks that there is already a deal in place to sell the land for housing development. @Kid in the Riot is usually pretty accurate with his info - watch this space!

Land is usually sold for housing development with planning permission granted (in Bristol think at least 2 years).  Any deal without PP would be worth (10-20% typically of the value with PP) a lot less.

Anyway if Wally is a the squillionaire the Sags claim he is, the value of the Mem will be irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thought the Judge said 'that's yer lot'?

That said, if they are thinking of taking this to Diana Ross is can only mean one or two things.

1/ They are short of the fund to pay the legal fees and want to buy time.

2/ Actually the sale of the Mem is far more financially significant than Wally has been saying.

:laughcont:

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:
Oh the gift...

turbo8818 said:

Given how 'immoral' Shamesburys have acted throughout this process, how would you react if gasheads started actively shoplifting from their stores, it is wrong and immoral of course but I guess it's the only way the little man wins against these corporations.

image.jpeg

If I were a Sag I'd be concerned by the lack of follow up information from the club.  They must have known that their chances of winning the Sainsburys case was slim, so should have been preparing plan, b, c, d etc., for such an eventuality - they then should have reassured fans with something along the lines of "this failed but this is in place...", but, they have come out with nothing.  Nothing to give the fans immediate hope.  The bad news should have been followed up by something positive....

21 minutes ago, Malago said:

Land is usually sold for housing development with planning permission granted (in Bristol think at least 2 years).  Any deal without PP would be worth (10-20% typically of the value with PP) a lot less.

Anyway if Wally is a the squillionaire the Sags claim he is, the value of the Mem will be irrelevant.

True. A shiny new stadium in Milton Keynes is clearly on the cards.