IGNORED

Jeff Stelling - leaving Soccer Saturday end of the season

Selred

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haven’t seen anyone getting angry tbh just stating facts,have you watched the program lately it’s about as fun as the dentist,none of them can barely string a sentence together apart from sue smith who just rambles on talking nonsense 

There's no issue with anyone who prefers the old Soccer Saturday line-up but the way you're talking about it, do you think they all sat around reciting Shakespeare before last season?

Edited by RonWalker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Always going to happen after they ruined the show with wokeness and destroyed the chemistry everyone tuned in for 

Try, for once, to use words with their true meaning.

"Woke" relates to being "awake" to social injustice and has absolutely nothing to do with a revamp of Soccer Saturday. It really doesn't.

Its simply ignorant to undermine its proper usage because you don't like the actions of Sky. 

It's no wonder the world is so polarised. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not a psychologist, but getting angry about a hypothetical 'PC' replacement for a broadcaster on what is a pretty mundane sports news show seems like a pretty weird flex for what was most people's Saturday evening.

Also find it very funny to see comments about 'appointment on merit' in regards to a show that has Paul Merson as a pundit. Ha!

Edited by underhanded
  • Like 1

It will be sad to Jeff Stelling go.

Great sense of humour, incredibly knowledgable and sharp as a razor.

And to be fair to him, he has proudly stuck by his beloved Hartlepool through good and bad times (even though the good times war far and few between).

Fortunately for him, supporting Hartlepool is far less embarrassing and humiliating than supporting the woeful Rovers.

23 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

This thread is embarrassing, old men moaning about apparent ‘pc’ replacements, grow up and get on with your lives you absolute melts.  

23 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

christ, need a couple of eggs and chips for the amount of gammon in this thread

You should take a look over on the Downsy thread and see the thinly veiled homophobia, so much testosterone on here on Saturday night.

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Try, for once, to use words with their true meaning.

"Woke" relates to being "awake" to social injustice and has absolutely nothing to do with a revamp of Soccer Saturday. It really doesn't.

Its simply ignorant to undermine its proper usage because you don't like the actions of Sky. 

It's no wonder the world is so polarised. 

I’m not quite sure why you’re implying my grasp of the English language is poor - it’s not. Speaking in a condescending manner is not a desirable trait in anybody.

Social injustice, if you truly understand the term, is in my opinion, the reason for the reshuffle by Sky. Opinion is what this forum is based on, how we interact with each other is a choice.

With all that being said though, you can take your opinion and, in the words of Nige, “shove that where the sun don’t shine”

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

23 hours ago, glynriley said:

Floella Benjamin...?

True story - she presented me with my degree. :)

Stelling is a consummate broadcaster and whoever gets the nod to replace him I’m certain they’ll be compared unfavourably to him.

I just hope it’s not the awful Kelly Cates. Cannot stand her. 

57 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

True story - she presented me with my degree. :)

Stelling is a consummate broadcaster and whoever gets the nod to replace him I’m certain they’ll be compared unfavourably to him.

I just hope it’s not the awful Kelly Cates. Cannot stand her. 

You got yours at Exeter then?

I know this as my ex did the same. I got so excited, saying 'its Floella Benjamin!!!!!!' unfortunately she had no idea who I was so excited about as she is Spanish ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul G said:

You got yours at Exeter then?

I know this as my ex did the same. I got so excited, saying 'its Floella Benjamin!!!!!!' unfortunately she had no idea who I was so excited about as she is Spanish ?

Haha!

Falmouth - was not a fully-blown university at that time, just a humble art college. Floella was great, really nice woman.

Incidentally, I wanted to wear my City shirt under my graduation gown, the Sanderson centenary one made out of that weird material, but my parents talked me out of it - so I ended up wearing a shirt and the most god-awful tie you’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Jesus there are some weird people around. Angry about nothing whatsoever.  66 year old bloke announces that he's retiring and that elicits a load of racist, sexist and homophobic nonsense about being PC.  

It is possible to be a decent person who believes in social justice and at the same time despair at political correctness.