IGNORED

Taylor Moore?

Robbored

We keep rehashing conversations about Taylor Moore. From interviews sounds like a very nice chap, that aside hes not good enough and I can't remember many games he was good. Not sure why so many fans seemed to rate him. Think it was the history of playing for England youth and Lens academy. We got our pants pulled down by Lens and hopefully we can shift him off the wage bill in the summer. Then again I also hope we do that with Vyner too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taz said:

Moore is a strange one, because he has the potential to be an ok defender at this level. Will never be great, but there are far worse than him around.

The fact that he is now playing under his third manager/coach here and none of them have seen him as the answer to the problem at either centre or right back, surely speaks volumes.

Credit to him for taking a cut in his wages to prove that he was good enough, but when you're behind Vyner in the pecking order, it doesn't bode well for you.

Another one that wouldn't surprise me if we saw him going to Suffolk in the summer.

As Fordy points out he’s had a lucrative contract extension since then!

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

1st October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Moore. 

2nd October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Vyner. 

A glowing endorsement of Holden’s management. What a legacy. ?‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

As we know he’s on loan at Hearts and currently third behind the Old Firm in the SPL.

Anyone know the details of the loan agreement? 

Given our defensive frailties is it worth recalling him if possible?

Id be gutted if we ever seen him in a city shirt again.

The few games I’ve seen on sky of hearts he’s been very suspect too. 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can she play centre back 

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/195351-taylor-moore/page/5/
They really can’t stand him 

I’m sorry I can’t agree with the criticism on their forum.

One poster said he has “ a shite haircut”.  I think it’s rather smart 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I still say he's been unlucky here, every time he's started to looked good, he's been moved. Had a run at RCB and started to play well, twice he's been pushed to the left side and looked lost. Not only that , he seemed to lose confidence and form. 
That said, at that standard he should be looking comfortable. Those Tweets don't look good, though I thought he had started well up there. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lew-T said:

For me he falls into the category with a few others…. Does he really want it?

Bakinson, O’Dowda and Moore fit that category for me. May come across harsh but it seems there’s no life in them, get up and go…

Outside looking in they just seem happy to poodle along. Not something Nige will want.

Yes I think you have something there. They just come across as being nice and thinking a little bit of ability is enough. 

Odowda was feted as a prodigy at Oxford but has shown very little consistently here. The same could be said of Bakinson and Moore. 

I suppose they can be added to the waste of Mr Lansdowns money list along with so many of the LJ MA era!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Street red said:

For me Nigel Pearson is making the right decision on players and he's spot on with this one,The lad cost 1 million quid another player for the future nonsense he definitely won't be at city next season.

I sincerely hope you're right but why do you think he won't be at City next season?

He's under contract and I can't think of a single club who'd want him, not at the level he'd be interested in playing at anyway.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Yes I think you have something there. They just come across as being nice and thinking a little bit of ability is enough. 

Odowda was feted as a prodigy at Oxford but has shown very little consistently here. The same could be said of Bakinson and Moore. 

I suppose they can be added to the waste of Mr Lansdowns money list along with so many of the LJ MA era!

I don’t think it’s limited to that era……some of the DM signings spring to mind straight away. And there’s one or two questionable decisions from the current era already! 

9 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

And if we could he seems to be in the same situation as bakinson,, bombed out regardless of what our situation is.

The main reason being that, nice bloke that he is, he's nowhere near consistent Championship standard. Did you watch him last week? He put in a performance that makes Vyner look like Beckenbauer.......

Nice lad, good attitude, decent technique, full of potential but... weak, passive, error prone and has failed to "train on".

Who am I referring to?

Answer - too many of them but certainly Moore, Vyner and O'Dowda. 

Please do the decent thing, put us all out of our misery,  and retire to the library with the service revolver. 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Nice lad, good attitude, decent technique, full of potential but... weak, passive, error prone and has failed to "train on".

Who am I referring to?

Answer - too many of them but certainly Moore, Vyner and O'Dowda. 

Please do the decent thing, put us all out of our misery,  and retire to the library with the service revolver. 

That's somewhere near £15K per week of wages there.............................

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I sincerely hope you're right but why do you think he won't be at City next season?

He's under contract and I can't think of a single club who'd want him, not at the level he'd be interested in playing at anyway.

I don't think we will be short of clubs coming in for him and him playing for city next season I can't see happening I would be very very surprised if he does one player we can get a transfer fee for as well.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

That's somewhere near £15K per week of wages there.............................

More like £25k p.w!!!

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Honestly thought it was a 1 million figure but yeah your right 1.5 ,Do you think we would get anything near that for him in the summer? 

Categorically…no!

Likely to be a small fee up to £250k, and strong possibility we might have to pay some of his wages for his final year too.  His book value is about £80k….so anything less than that is a FFP loss!  I reckon he’s on £10k p.w. ???

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

I don’t think it’s limited to that era……some of the DM signings spring to mind straight away. And there’s one or two questionable decisions from the current era already! 

Yes Derek McIness is a subject I leave alone. Suffice to say from my perspective he couldn’t pick his nose let alone a footballer. 

However the money spent by LJ/MA on dross far outweighs anything the the current or McIness regimes could possibly dream of having access to!

As far as the current regime is concerned Atkinson and Tanner are injured, King and James are almost always in the treatment room and Baker is 50/50 finished. I’m not prepared to get too critical of the current management over injuries. The obvious one is Simpson…who cost nothing except a wage.  It’s not really any comparison with LJ/MA! 

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

1st October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Moore. 

2nd October 2020 - 3 year extension (+12 month option) for Vyner. 

A glowing endorsement of Holden’s management. What a legacy. ?‍♂️ 

Christ, I assumed (and hoped) Moore was in his final year. What an absolute mess.

Edited by Aaron-Bcfc

From my understanding there are two conflicting opinions among Hearts fans… and a unifying one.

Opinion 1: He’s terrible

Opinion 2: Give him a break, he’s being played in every position imaginable and he’s done ok at all of them.

Opinion 3: Everyone agrees that he’s not worth his wages of $7500 per week (their figure, not mine)

18 hours ago, phantom said:

On the basis that he was recently trying to find work in Edinburgh for his partner, it is pretty clear we won't see him in a City shirt again

Sounds like he may want to hang fire on finding work for his partner in Edinburgh at the moment unless it's short term.

7 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

From my understanding there are two conflicting opinions among Hearts fans… and a unifying one.

Opinion 1: He’s terrible

Opinion 2: Give him a break, he’s being played in every position imaginable and he’s done ok at all of them.

Opinion 3: Everyone agrees that he’s not worth his wages of $7500 per week (their figure, not mine)

Are the 7,500 paid in Scottish dollars??......?

Edited by Son of Fred