IGNORED

Danny Simpson leaves City

CyderInACan

On 09/03/2022 at 23:30, alexukhc said:

Jody Morris 

Jody Morris deserves some sympathy. There was an interview with Steven Davies and he said Jody Morris had two choices, to be manager at St Johnstone or come to us under McInnes, do some coaching AND play. Due to his age, still wanting to play and also learn, he. chose us and then from day 1, McInnes blanked him and he didn't play or coach and spent his time in the under 23s (or the equivalent at the time) but was still a model pro and helped them.

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

Jody Morris deserves some sympathy. There was an interview with Steven Davies and he said Jody Morris had two choices, to be manager at St Johnstone or come to us under McInnes, do some coaching AND play. Due to his age, still wanting to play and also learn, he. chose us and then from day 1, McInnes blanked him and he didn't play or coach and spent his time in the under 23s (or the equivalent at the time) but was still a model pro and helped them.

Well that's what Jody Morris says. I wonder what Derek McInnes's version of events would be?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, grifty said:

Without wishing to dwell on this sorry chapter, I'd suggest Steven Davies is misremembering. 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2022 at 18:16, Prinny said:

I came back to view the forum because some friends told me Simpson was released and I was interested in the responses.

I'm not supporting the club because they have shown that they will sign players who are violent towards women while footballers. This manager. This ownership group.  Until those both change or a statement of some kind happens where they announce they will no longer do so, then I cannot give them my time or energy.

If someone does it before they're a pro/really young, that's one thing, but I think entertainers should lose their privileges to entertain when they do something so heinous as an active entertainer. I won't listen to Chris Brown's music or watch Roman Polansky films.  My line for stopping supporting the club was employing footballers who displayed violence towards women. Maybe you don't have a line, that's fine. Your choice. Maybe it's just a different line to mine? Would you still cheer on Luke McCormick? Lee Hughes? Adam Johnson? Is there ANYTHING the club could do to get you to stop supporting them?

I'm not looking for debate, just saying why I won't return to supporting the club for the foreseeable future and probably ever.

Who cares about me? Well some people do enough to accuse other people of being me... so hopefully you'll judge them on their own actions rather than mine. I'm sure there have been posters who get banned and return, or have multiple accounts, I'm not one of them. I just don't follow City anymore. If I change my mind I'll post on this account.

@Sheltons Army@Toblerone boot@Davefevs

Just tagging you three because you've recently mentioned me.

Well said. Very much my thoughts too and why, for me, Simpson is the worst signing we’ve ever made. No other signing has ever  made me give away my season ticket and not renew. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not even as much as I thought he was on….and that was low!

Someone on sound of the city said on Monday he was one of our highest earning players. 

I really find it baffling when people quote how much a player earns with no substance to their comments. It’s a PRIVATE matter between employer and employee. I’m sure this numpty quoting salaries would not like his income stated on a public forum. 

Edited by daored
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, daored said:

Someone on sound of the city said on Monday he was one of our highest earning players 

Yep, they read the same website as Ian Gay.

I had the conversation on the podcast with Ian about the accuracy of these salary websites, but he obviously chose to ignore me (his prerogative), and then uses them as the basis for his ITK status.

7 minutes ago, daored said:

Someone on sound of the city said on Monday he was one of our highest earning players 

Not having a go at you mate, but why would we make a player who had not played football in nearly a year when we signed him one of our highest paid players, when we were in the process of trying to reduce the wage bill? It just doesn’t make any sense, even for city! I have asked Ian where he got his info from but he hasn’t replied as of yet

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Gol said:

Not having a go at you mate, but why would we make a player who had not played football in nearly a year when we signed him one of our highest paid players, when we were in the process of trying to reduce the wage bill? It just doesn’t make any sense, even for city! I have asked Ian where he got his info from but he hasn’t replied as of yet

I completely agree , I take it your the guy who challenged the comment? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, they read the same website as Ian Gay.

I had the conversation on the podcast with Ian about the accuracy of these salary websites, but he obviously chose to ignore me (his prerogative), and then uses them as the basis for his ITK status.

The bloke is obviously a bit dimp,

18 minutes ago, Gol said:

Not the original mate that credit goes to @Davefevs and the mysterious ITKer on here who ian called both trolls ?

Did he now?  I have him muted, so I only saw Will was replying to him, when I copied the post.  He’s a bit touchy then isn’t he?  The master of changing the point of the discussion when challenged.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did he now?  I have him muted, so I only saw Will was replying to him, when I copied the post.  He’s a bit touchy then isn’t he?  The master of changing the point of the discussion when challenged.

Yeah he replied to you then I replied to that. I just asked where he heard 15k a week. I’m not ITK but that sounds so far fetched

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gol said:

Yeah he replied to you then I replied to that. I just asked where he heard 15k a week. I’m not ITK but that sounds so far fetched

Probably here 

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-championship/bristol-city/

£14k on here

https://www.capology.com/club/bristol/salaries/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gol said:

Not having a go at you mate, but why would we make a player who had not played football in nearly a year when we signed him one of our highest paid players, when we were in the process of trying to reduce the wage bill? It just doesn’t make any sense, even for city! I have asked Ian where he got his info from but he hasn’t replied as of yet.

That website claimed Simpson was on more than Matty James, but let’s be honest even a 5 year old could work out that James, who was 29 when he joined us on the back of a season where he played 38 times for 2 Championship clubs on loan & got a 3 year deal, probably had more bargaining power than a 34 year old who as you say was previously unemployed for 8 months.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Gol said:

Not the original mate that credit goes to @Davefevs and the mysterious ITKer on here who ian called both trolls ?

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

This is the guy on the FBC podcast who comments weekly that he likes debate and doesn’t engage with people who make childish comments? Isn’t that what he’s just done? Slightly ironic isn’t it what a ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1