IGNORED

Barnsley away match day thread

1 minute ago, Tin Soldier said:

To be fair, City have been shite for the last two and a half seasons.Relegation written all over City next season unless something BIG changes. You do reap what you sew in football and selling all the family silver is no recipe for success.

To be fair city have been shite for 120 years 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Clevedon Red said:

They have a really interesting decision to make on pricing. After 38 years I’m not bothered about renewing anymore. 

I believe you are right..........a lot of long term supporters are just getting fed up with the lack of entertainment, and will end up spending their money elsewhere....and I really could not blame them.  We are a mess of  a club, who have yet again made a poor appointment in handing out a 3 year contract to a has been?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Super said:

For all the rubbish we have had some chances. Final ball has been useless.

Spot on, Semenyo overhit one to Weimann & we had another decent chance just before HT.

We have improved since Williams came on, defensively just awful though, 3 centre backs over 6ft 4 & yet we look vulnerable to every cross.

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Iron Curtain?    More likely to be a.............chocolate teapot?

This doesn't even make sense. We're a chocolate teapot now, but I was saying changes in the summer could possibly turn that into something better. You're muddled up here mate.

1 minute ago, Super said:

For all the rubbish we have had some chances. Final ball has been useless.

Semenyo is rattled, he's trying too hard and smashing balls across the box willy nilly. But yeh we've had chances. Calm it down at half time, come out, reset, focus on simple passing to beat their press and then counter when they are pulled out of position. And for god's sake don't let them get any set pieces.

2-2 is still possible tonight.

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

People can say all they want about how much of a shitshow he inherited but the basic lack of being able to get us organised at the back is starting to become more than a worry for me now.

No excuses for some of the appalling goals we let in time and time again. 

He started our top scorer at right back didn’t he? 

Our defence is woeful, schoolboy stuff from set pieces. 

Fans have kept it entertaining but the stuff on the pitch really hasn't been great. Still feel like we have the ability to get something from this though. 

No matter the result I've had a free scarf and a free hot chocolate, who am I to complain?!

Half -time.

Right Pearson, convince me you’re the right man. Rip into those physically and mentally weak players, sort your tactics out and send a transformed, energised, win-at-all-costs, well-organised team out for the second half. 

That was beyond pathetic. 

• Like 4

A club with any sort of bollocks would give fans who have booked tickets for both Saturday and tonight a free ticket for the next away game. Just a little something to say "yep, we really put you lot through it, we are grateful for your continued loyalty through thin and thin and we're sorry". You are probably talking 200 tickets at £25K so £5K tops. For any smartarse out there, that really wont be the straw that breaks the camel's back and make us fail FFP. This is Steve Lansdown's football club though so no way will that happen. No way whatsoever.

• Confused 1
10 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Frankly, this is embarrassing. 

Defence all at sea, midfield non-existent, attack limp. 

So bad, I beginning to wonder about Pearson for the first time. Yes, blame the players but, seriously, can anybody explain wtf is Massengo doing marking a giant for a corner?  What clown of a coach thinks that’s a good idea?

I'm now beginning to believe the theory that Shakespeare was doing all the coaching at Leicester and Steve Walsh found the players. Leaving you wondering if it was actually just lucky for Nige to have them doing all the work. I can't understand how a decent coach would end up with a consistently disorganised shambles of a defence. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1