IGNORED

Realistically- who then?

ohhhshauntaylor

2 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No idea, someone who can do the basics 

We set up wrong first half, then didnt react after they had a player sent off. 

I suspect there's going to be loud calls for NPs head tonight. 

We are an absolute disorganised shambles when the other team have the ball. I can't believe this has gone on for months in a professional football team.

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So you want someone who's about to get the sack?

Yep. He's got QPR to 10th with no money.

Any other ideas Giok? Not having a pop btw, I'm not sure who's about that we could realistically get.

Edited by Ska Junkie

4 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No idea, someone who can do the basics 

We set up wrong first half, then didnt react after they had a player sent off. 

I suspect there's going to be loud calls for NPs head tonight. 

I suspect that I know who from.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

13 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

If not Nige. Who then, realistically. 

Out of interest, how would you sell City to a prospective new manager? 

Give them the unvarnished truth - diabolical FFP position, squad that requires radical surgery with no money available and wages out of control, no scouting network, owner with one eye on selling up?

Who the heck who's any good would be interested in that?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yep. He's got QPR to 10th with no money.

Any other ideas Giok?

But with a much better squad than us surely?

They were talked about as playoff contenders at the start of the season, we were talked about relegation candidates.

We are not going down and haven’t been for some time.

Do you think QPR fans are happy with 10th?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Galley is our king said:

But with a much better squad than us surely?

They were talked about as playoff contenders at the start of the season, we were talked about relegation candidates.

We are not going down and haven’t been for some time.

Do you think QPR fans are happy with 10th?

I've no idea mate, I'm just trying to think of potential candidates that are realistic.

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Out of interest, how would you sell City to a prospective new manager? 

Give them the unvarnished truth - diabolical FFP position, squad that requires radical surgery with no money available and wages out of control, no scouting network, owner with one eye on selling up?

Who the heck would be interested in that?

We got Nige in a worse situation didn’t we? 

• Like 1

Acting as though NP has done nothing or that there are no signs of improvement is just not true. Everyone complaining about where goals were going to come form at the start of the season. Even a fair way into the season there were whole threads about how Weimann just runs around and AS will never be a striker/goalscorer - even now people complain about how Martin does nothing. Despite that our attack is now very potent and I would pretty much always back us to score.

We have been really weak defensively particularly from crosses and set plays and last two games show a massive improvement on both. The goal today is scrappy, but they have had no other chance of note other than shots form outside the box - when they hit the post Williams should have closed down better, but apart from that most of the on target shots where speculative efforts. From set plays we are defending has been so much better. 

I would also had that our set plays (corners in particular) look much better and there are positive signs there too. 

I think people ignore/miss these things particularly after games like today where entertainment value was low. Low entertainment doesn't necessarily mean things are not moving forward. We had plenty of chances late on and at least two clear cut chances in the game that should have been goals. It was not a pretty game, but not the **** show that people are and will paint it as. If you honestly are saying NP has improved nothing you are just not looking. 

(posted in another thread too - thought that would be the one where the people wanting management change would be posting) 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Same person picking the managers = same result who ever he picks

And yet people still think he’s the messiah. I agree nige has been disappointing but having a competent owner at this club would be a start , changing manager won’t do much in the long term .

Edited by Wiltshire robin
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Waconda said:

Embarrassed sycophantic fanboys will be out with the usual apologetic nonsense again no doubt.

Let them moan pal. We have to take into account the cards he's been dealt so it's not black and white for me.

That said, after 18 (?) months, we dont seem to be improving at all and, as said, take the bright young things out..... 

• Like 2

No-one, any manager with an ounce of common sense wouldn't touch our situation. For the first time in a very long time I think our best bet would be looking down the leagues and finding someone who is looking to step up their career and has little to lose. I don't have a clue who would fit the bill mind, they'd need to be able to change the way we play with a squad that is largely very stuck in it's ways and they'd have to do it with no money and a possible point deduction.

• Like 3