IGNORED

Realistically- who then?

ohhhshauntaylor

5 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ah, i see we're at the River in Egypt defence. 

Social media is actually well blowing up. 

I think what you are using and I respect that is Ostrich tactics. 

No one player made errors to blame today. Its on NP and according to the comments here and elsewhere the mood has definitely changed. 

Sure it has. In the same way that every bad result could spell the end, according to you.

Revelling in it.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Ah, i see we're at the River in Egypt defence. 

Social media is actually well blowing up. 

I think what you are using and I respect that is Ostrich tactics. 

No one player made errors to blame today. Its on NP and according to the comments here and elsewhere the mood has definitely changed. 

That's a narrative that you have been pushing for months. 

• Like 5

Just now, Spike said:

No-one, any manager with an ounce of common sense wouldn't touch our situation. For the first time in a very long time I think our best bet would be looking down the leagues and finding someone who is looking to step up their career and has little to lose. I don't have a clue who would fit the bill mind, they'd need to be able to change the way we play with a squad that is largely very stuck in it's ways and they'd have to do it with no money and a possible point deduction.

Do we have a 'way we play' currently? I'm not sure we do, maybe that's my issue tbh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

No-one, any manager with an ounce of common sense wouldn't touch our situation. For the first time in a very long time I think our best bet would be looking down the leagues and finding someone who is looking to step up their career and has little to lose. I don't have a clue who would fit the bill mind, they'd need to be able to change the way we play with a squad that is largely very stuck in it's ways and they'd have to do it with no money and a possible point deduction.

Christ that's depressing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spike said:

But, nige joined us when our situation was as dire as it is now. Sooo Nige has no common sense?

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Is it? Do you want to double check that. 

Generally been positive with doubts check the match threads leave your assumptions at home. 

You have wanted Pearson out ever since he signed Danny Simpson and we all know it.

Cue a whine about me "telling you your opinion" again...

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The same problems persist no matter who is in charge. I’d move on from NP but the squad needs a massive infusion of players. So unless we are prepared to sell Scott Massengo and Semenyo no one will really be able to flourish. 

I’d cash in on Massengo and Semenyo. Look to keep the other kids 

We May get some decent money for these two and both are extremely hit and miss 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

No not at all, you've made an assumption, ignored any posts whatsoever and are now trying to use that as ammo. 

If you'd been arsed Ive not called for NP to be sacked in this thread, but you didnt

I'm sorry I can't help with your blinkers, angst and revisionism. 

You don't need to call for him to be sacked. You have expressed that 'opinion' often enough.

Now you are trying to stir up a revolution by implying that loads of others are suddenly now of the same 'opinion'.

There may well be a few more after today's performance, but I suspect hardly the sea change that you wish for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not sure about Semenyo, he has done well before his injury and looked decent when he came on 

As far as Massengo goes, now is the time to take any value there is! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

If not Nige. Who then, realistically. 

A Johnny Foreigner. They play the game all over the world now, you know.

It's a bit like Einstein and his "appointing broadly the same sort of bloke - English, pale, stale etc - from the same small pool of "talent" and expecting different and better results" thing. When the stats prove English coaches are not as good as those from overseas.

We tried it 25 years ago, let's try again!

• Like 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

Scott probably cannot wait to get his next move!

Can’t see him getting one to be honest, not this summer. He’s clearly got a lot of talent but needs to influence games more. Certainly a big ask and by no means easy, but he needs to start imposing himself on games. Semenyo has been doing it and HNM does it to a point, he came on today and drove at Posh which is more than Williams, James or Scott did.

• Like 1

It's all a bit in a total mess at mo. And not sure what will improve it. I not thinking sacking NP helps as who would we ever get in replacement. And surely selling AS , HNM , and Semenyou is selling the crow jewels in a bad market place so no where near full value..

But I shall be red till dead. So let's see what comes  

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Mate, its clear from that response you are presuming and assuming,. 

Ironically the thing you are doing is the same thing you are accusing me of. 

Just dont kick the cat on your way out, ey?

I wouldn't presume or assume that I don't care for animal welfare if I were you 

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

No one in their right mind would come in at the minute. Was hard enough to replace Lee Johnson.

Not if you believe the club.
We were inundated with top quality candidates. It was the club who made it difficult by drawing it out, ignoring quality coaches (at this level), and eventually going for another yes man before succumbing to the inevitable.
FWIW, If Pearson went (and he won't), we won't have any problem filling this vacancy. Even if we were to drop into L1 at the end of next season, we'd still be an attractive proposition for young ambitious coaches.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

No one in their right mind would come in at the minute. Was hard enough to replace Lee Johnson.

There will always be people who would want the job. What is better than taking over a hopeless team going no where but down. The only way is up if you are any good. Take over a successful in team and the pressure to maintain that is massive eg Man United.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Do we have a 'way we play' currently? I'm not sure we do, maybe that's my issue tbh.

That is my issue. 60 or so games and there is nothing to hang our hat on. Possession? No. Pressing? No. Soak up pressure & counter? No, we can’t defend. Good on set pieces? No. We have probably scored more goals then last season but that is with Weimann having his best season. Can we rely on him to score 20 again? History would suggest this is an outlier. 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

The bloke comes here dumps 12 OOC players. Is given a three year contract to not spend money but bring our academy kids thru and he takes it on!

Today was poor and we were disjointed but that is where we are.  

There is a middle ground I think though. There was quite a lot of talk from NP that he’d make us fitter and harder to beat with a preseason. He got rid of ones he didn’t want and brought in or resigned 7. Alex Scott was too good not to play I think we can all agree on that. My point is we haven’t gotten any better as the season has gone on. You’d expect a bit more considering there are a lot of young players mixed in with very experienced older ones. 

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Fair but probably the lesser sums of money there. Still would be a big help I think. At the least, it would make NP have to get the side performing much more consistently. 

5 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Can’t see him getting one to be honest, not this summer. He’s clearly got a lot of talent but needs to influence games more. Certainly a big ask and by no means easy, but he needs to start imposing himself on games. Semenyo has been doing it and HNM does it to a point, he came on today and drove at Posh which is more than Williams, James or Scott did.

You can say that but how much is that down to him having played in 4-5 different positions throughout the season? Mostly not in the position that is his best. I think he will have plenty of suitors. Not sure many will like the price though. Mostly for the points you have brought up. Either genius from NP making it harder for clubs to evaluate him or crazy because he can’t be at his best and clubs will undervalue him. With his contract being long I think using his versatility was fine this season. Going forward would like to see him centrally full time so he can grow to influence matches more consistently. 

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

There will always be people who would want the job. What is better than taking over a hopeless team going no where but down. The only way is up if you are any good. Take over a successful in team and the pressure to maintain that is massive eg Man United.

No one had heard of Farke or Wagner when they were hired. Recruiting a manager at city should be the same as a player. A manager with a hunger to improve and make a bame for himself. LJ was kind of like that but with Ashton being here at the same time, I am not sure whether LJ could have been better than it turned out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

But unless there is some kind of un heard of run of results we are not going down. 

Sales and new players are inevitable for next season one way or another. 

This will not become Leicester City again Pearson builds a side from nothing and gets sacked for someone else to be successful. Three year contract in this case is that. Mr Lansdown knows the issues here were created by the stubborn attitude towards Johnson blowing the clubs money. That is not going to happen again either. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That is my issue. 60 or so games and there is nothing to hang our hat on. Possession? No. Pressing? No. Soak up pressure & counter? No, we can’t defend. Good on set pieces? No. We have probably scored more goals then last season but that is with Weimann having his best season. Can we rely on him to score 20 again? History would suggest this is an outlier. 

I agree with every word Joe, we lack an identity and any noticeable style of play that I can fathom. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

You can say that but how much is that down to him having played in 4-5 different positions throughout the season? Mostly not in the position that is his best. I think he will have plenty of suitors. Not sure many will like the price though. Mostly for the points you have brought up. Either genius from NP making it harder for clubs to evaluate him or crazy because he can’t be at his best and clubs will undervalue him. With his contract being long I think using his versatility was fine this season. Going forward would like to see him centrally full time so he can grow to influence matches more consistently. 

He’s played his best football at wing back, been anonymous the last few times he’s played down the middle including todays second half. Not trying to knock the guy, just saying that the young players that get those big moves are ones who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. You rarely see Scott run at players with the ball when he has it centrally, Massengo for example does it consistently.

Harry Brooks talks about it a lot on Twitter when analysing young players, they need that “**** it, I’ll do it myself” mentality, not seen that from Scott yet. Semenyo and Massengo have it, even if it doesn’t always come off. Again, not a big criticism as I think it’ll come, but for me having quick feet and some class on the ball isn’t enough to get a big move away yet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

“The only was is up” is not enough to bring any decent manager here when we’ve got a below average squad and no money to fix it, along with an owner who’s trying to sell the club. Reckon you could tempt Lee Johnson back, I’d rather we stuck with Pearson personally.