IGNORED

Cam Pring?

CyderHead92

Bizarre wing back situation for City now isn't it?

Two 18 year old midfielders by trade, making do in those positions.

Can't help feeling putting Benarous there today against Ebiowei is akin to the Sam Bell against Chong mismatch at the Birmingham game; and we all know how that turned out.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.......

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Maybe injured. Maybe rested. Maybe out of form.

He's young. It's his first season at this level. Time is on his side.

Why the need to catastrophe

I was just about to post the same. Some posters see conspiracy theories everywhere.

3 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Can't help feeling putting Benarous there today against Ebiowei is akin to the Sam Bell against Chong mismatch at the Birmingham game; and we all know how that turned out.

Yes it might well turn out like that. 

But it's all about learning the game for Benarous - and Pearson learning about him. 

This afternoon may, or may not, prove a steep learning curve but it will surely stand him in good stead. And we can't be relegated, so what's to lose? 

Irrespective of the result, today's about backing up a good performance last time out - both for Benarous and the team as a whole. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CyderHead92 said:

No conspiracy. I just see him as the obvious deputy to jay in that position and yet he’s not even in the squad. Just seems a bit odd

As MM said, he could be injured or simply out of form.  He’s a young guy and dips in consistency  can often happen.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As MM said, he could be injured or simply out of form.  He’s a young guy and dips in consistency  can often happen.

He’s a year older than Rob Atkinson, almost the same age as Taylor Moore.

If I couldn’t even make the subs bench with my obvious competitor for my position I would be concerned.

@Merrick's Marvels he definitely isn’t injured, he warmed up with Vyner before the Sheff U game.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If I couldn’t even make the subs bench with my obvious competitor for my position I would be concerned.

@Merrick's Marvels he definitely isn’t injured, he warmed up with Vyner before the Sheff U game.

It might be as simple that Nige has lost faith in him……….….….:dunno:

Personally I don’t see it as that big a deal. Pring could one out the door this summer.

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Older age but inexperienced. His deficiencies are more related to the inexperience than the age imo. What I mean is sometimes he can get caught out of position or get caught on ball. That imo is just inexperience. His age shows in his athleticism and strength.

Maybe the opposite of Bobby Reid. Bobby needed his body to catch up to his ability. I will say you would rather have the natural ability first. For me though, the big, quick and string combination is more than good enough for the championship. Just needs to sharpen up decision making. That comes with minutes. 

• Like 2

The main hope for me is that the communication with Pring himself has been good.

From the outside, it is a bit surprising that Benarous and Idehen are ahead of him and, given we will be restricted in what we do this summer, I absolutely do not want to see him moved on. But it might be Pearson has made clear why he is not being selected and what the expectations are whilst reassuring him he still has a future even though he is not being picked now. 

If that is the case there is no issue. We just don’t know from the outside.

8 hours ago, Shuffle said:

Think he’s out of favour after West Brom  where he was heavily criticised for giving the ball away from a throw in with Pearson saying at time it’s the same players again & again. Harsh on him imo 

If it’s a performance issue then he doesn’t need to look any further than the likes of Jay Dasilva for an example of coming back into contention.

Put the work in and you’ll get a chance. Cannot apply what’s asked, then someone  else will take the place.

Pearson has been doing this all season. 

It’s only a big deal to Cam if he makes it a big deal. 

Either way there’s no real issue.

• Like 2

I'm a bit surprised he's not even in the 18.

Experiment when required sure, but thought he would have been the next in line. DaSilva has come back well from being heavily written off, a goal several assists and decent displays.

Age is on Pring's side but 1st season at this level, often had loans elsewhere and got injured in Autumn 2020 IIRC out on loan. Hope he stays and continues to improve, think he is decent.

• Like 1