IGNORED

Western Masters Championship

Glastonbury Red

Anyone know anything about this?

Bluebirds in bid for Masters title

May 22 2008 by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo

ANDY Legg, John Robinson and Jeff Eckhardt are joining forces to play for Cardiff City.

The trio are in the Bluebirds' squad for the Masters six-a-side football championships at the Cardiff Bay Arena on Sunday, June 22 (2.30pm).

Cardiff City, Swansea City, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers compete for the Western Masters championship.

The Swans' squad includes Welshman Simon Davey, the Barnsley manager.

Tickets are £14 adults and £10 children.

Cardiff City: Andy Legg (capt), Gavin Ward, Stephen Jenkins, Damon Searle, Paul Bodin, Jeff Eckhardt, Kurt Nogan, John Robinson, Jason Bowen.

Bristol City: Gary Owers (capt), Marcus Stewart, Clayton Blackmore, Martin Kuhl, Sean McCarthy, Rob Newman, Rob Edwards, Brian Tinnion, Billy Mercer, Keith Welch.

Bristol Rovers: Nick Tanner (capt), Steve Book, Geoff Twentyman, David Mehew, Geoff Meacham, Tony Pounder, Andy Tillson, Michael Meaker, Bob Bloomer.

Swansea City: Andy Melville (capt), Roger Freestone, John Cornforth, Simon Davey, John Ford, Kwame Ampadu, Colin Pascoe, John Hodge, Lenny Johnrose, Dean Saunders.

marcus stewart ! A legend!?

who's in goal ? Phillips?

Danny coles in on this aswell ? :noexpression: :icecream:

Not a legend, more likely to with the fact that he's a city supporter. :city:

I just hope Martin kuhl has learnt that doing an impression of a lamp post is no way to defend.

i'd say that its not a bad line up, although two keepers for a masters tournament is a bit strange

especially nice if tinman does play for him to be back in red and white, i miss him... what a legend

not too sure about , marcus though, he says heis a city fan but his attitude here didnt represent that fact did it.

cant say that its poor from the organisers as they can only get thoe that are available, look at the liverpool masters team, apart from molby no real big names or fan favourites... should be good fun, any ideas when it is?

edit: ive read the post now.... 22nd oops!

ANDY Legg, John Robinson and Jeff Eckhardt are joining forces to play for Cardiff City.

The trio are in the Bluebirds' squad for the Masters six-a-side football championships at the Cardiff Bay Arena on Sunday, June 22 (2.30pm).

Cardiff City, Swansea City, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers compete for the Western Masters championship.

Cardiff City: Andy Legg (capt), Gavin Ward, Stephen Jenkins, Damon Searle, Paul Bodin, Jeff Eckhardt, Kurt Nogan, John Robinson, Jason Bowen.

Bristol City: Gary Owers (capt), Marcus Stewart, Clayton Blackmore, Martin Kuhl, Sean McCarthy, Rob Newman, Rob Edwards, Brian Tinnion, Billy Mercer, Keith Welch.

Bristol Rovers: Nick Tanner (capt), Steve Book, Geoff Twentyman, David Mehew, Geoff Meacham, Tony Pounder, Andy Tillson, Michael Meaker, Bob Bloomer.

Swansea City: Andy Melville (capt), Roger Freestone, John Cornforth, Simon Davey, John Ford, Kwame Ampadu, Colin Pascoe, John Hodge, Lenny Johnrose, Dean Saunders.

Got my tickets. See you all there.

Mickey Bell's time with us makes him a great replacement for the Tinman, have to say though McCarthy and Blackmore are pretty tenuous, surely Colin Cramb as mentioned, or players with a similar City pedigree like Andy Llewellyn or Wayne Allison would be much better?

Try and justify that response and I'll justify mine.

Unless he's done something to offend you personally, (which you haven't mentioned) to call the bloke scum just because things didn't work out for him at City is a joke. He's had a class career and I know personal friends of his from Hartcliffe who speak highly of him as a fella.

Mickey Bell's time with us makes him a great replacement for the Tinman, have to say though McCarthy and Blackmore are pretty tenuous, surely Colin Cramb as mentioned, or players with a similar City pedigree like Andy Llewellyn or Wayne Allison would be much better?

Maybe they were asked and didn't want to take part. Just a thought.

Unless he's done something to offend you personally, (which you haven't mentioned) to call the bloke scum just because things didn't work out for him at City is a joke. He's had a class career and I know personal friends of his from Hartcliffe who speak highly of him as a fella.

I've never met him.

But I saw him a couple of seasons back when Yeovil visited, elbow Fontaine in the face as hard as he could, simply because he beat him to the ball.

Not something a nice fella does to a fellow young colleague, even if its 'just because things didnt work out for him'.

Its the worst thing I've seen yet happen on a footy pitch, on a par with Colin Hendrys elbow that left a bloke fighting for his life after swallowing his tongue.

Sean "Mr. Bristol City" McCarthy and the long-serving Clayton Blackmore. Where can I get tickets?? I'm there!!

Not really bearing in mind Mercer is a tad injury prone. No problem with Stewart, more right to be in the team than McCarthy or Blackmore.

I love the way on the masters website that Bristol City are being sponsored to do the masters whereas the other teams cant find one!

What a nightmare, i've been trying to book train tickets to go but there are works going on the line and so it would mean a train to parkway, coach then from parkway to newport, then a train from there to Cardiff, and the same on the way back! Turning a 40 min journey into a 2 hour + journey.

Simpler to get a bus direct i thought, WRONG! Last National express coming home leaves Cardiff at 1700, the tounament dosen't end till 1900 at the earliest!

:argh::grr:

Archived