IGNORED

Murray, Weale, Henderson, Walker And Keogh!

bh_red

just had offical text

Scott Murray

Chris Weale

Richard Keogh - SUPRISINGLY!

Jordan Walker

Stephen Henderson

all been offered new contracts......no idea if signed

Byfield, Enoch, Russell, Vakso and Slocombe all released

no mentions of Fontaine, Noble, McAllister or LJ

Out: Byfield, Showunmi, Russel, Vasko and Slocombe

New Deals: Weale, MURRAY, Henderson, Keogh and Walker

Personally thought Vasko might get something.

Scotty's has got to be more coaching related hasn't it?

He needs to be kept around at the club, he's been a tremendous bloke for us and like Alan Walsh, can do a lot off the pitch.

hopefully thats a coaching role and not a new playing contract...

don't see why not a playing contract.........both him, coaching staff and fans know he's not going to be a regular anymore, but as a squad player, good to have around the dressing room, no doubt though it will be on much reduced wages

just the news he wanted on his b'day!

am gobsmacked about Keogh though

don't see why not a playing contract.........both him, coaching staff and fans know he's not going to be a regular anymore, but as a squad player, good to have around the dressing room, no doubt though it will be on much reduced wages

just the news he wanted on his b'day!

yeah would be great to have him round still, but coaching not playing. after the season we have just had its time to push on and murray wouldnt be a part of that.

gald keogh is staying. loads of potential and hopefully will put last season and his agent behind him...

Guest mesa boogie
hopefully thats a coaching role and not a new playing contract...

Do you think he'd make a good coach? To me he seems like someone who'd be an asset in the youth set up.

Personally thought Vasko might get something.

Scotty's has got to be more coaching related hasn't it?

He needs to be kept around at the club, he's been a tremendous bloke for us and like Alan Walsh, can do a lot off the pitch.

I've heard that Scotty works with the young kids a lot and they love him!!!

GJ may want him in the dressing room for moral too!

Totally disagree.

I think he is more than good enough for a place in the squad at this level, he'll probably get just the one year playing contract with a view to some sort of back room job at the end of it.

He deserves it.

how does he deserve it? you cant keep giving him a contract because of how he has played for us in the past.

started the season well then drifted out of the picture, came back against norwich and southampton and showed why he had been left out for so long.

noble, sproule and wilson are all better options.

Remember that these are players who have been offered new deals, doesn't mean they have excepted. I would have thought Murray, Weale, Hendo and Jordan will sign. After being frozen out this year over his contract i can't see Keogh's deal being one he would deem acceptable. Isn't there also a rule for younger players that provided they are offered new deals that we would be due compensation if some one else signs them? I cant see Keogh being here next season.

A bit surprised that Martin Slocombe has been realesed, not surprised at the others, but sad to see Enoch, Tamas and especially Aggy going. Thanks for all your hard work lads! :englandsmile4wf:

Your lot could do a lot worse than having a punt on Byfield and Russell - both have another season or two left in them.

Russell was always going to be leaving after only a couple of games this season and Byfield's late season form just hasn't had enough goals.

no shock that either has gone really, wages free'd up for better players who can push us up for Automatic promotion

Guest mesa boogie
Your lot could do a lot worse than having a punt on Byfield and Russell - both have another season or two left in them.

Byfield I'd be interested I think we're ok in the centre of midfield with Campbell, Disley & Lines aswell as Charlie Clough and James "Mad Frankies Grandson" Frasier coming through...

Russell was always going to be leaving after only a couple of games this season and Byfield's late season form just hasn't had enough goals.

no shock that either has gone really, wages free'd up for better players who can push us up for Automatic promotion

firstly, i agree with releasing byfield, but...

how can you say on his late season form he hasnt done enough, yet agree with murray getting a new contract?

Guest mesa boogie
Time for Keogh to take his chance and prove how good he is. The Keogh of 2006/2007 is on his way back? :fingerscrossed:

After we played Cheltenham this season I've got alot of time for Keogh. He took alot of stick from the Rovers supporters and took it brilliantly at times having a laugh with them. Would like to see him do well as he certainly seems like a tidy chap.

Archived