IGNORED

Murray, Weale, Henderson, Walker And Keogh!

bh_red

In my opinion Murray will score more goals and produce more end product than all of those put together if given a run in the team.

4 starts and 3 goals in the championship this season.

Noble - 16 starts and 2 goals

Sproule - 31 starts and 2 goals

Wilson - 16 starts and 1 goal

Each have their qualities and it's horses for courses, but you will always get an end product from Murray given a run in the side - even though he's getting on a bit his experience is very valuable.

Good point. don't mean to be picky but noble has 3 :innocent06:

Murray isnt young anymore but hes a player who is always capable of bagging you a goal out of nothing.

In my opinion Murray will score more goals and produce more end product than all of those put together if given a run in the team.

Noble - 16 starts and 2 goals

Sproule - 31 starts and 2 goals

Wilson - 16 starts and 1 goal

Each have their qualities and it's horses for courses, but you will always get an end product from Murray given a run in the side - even though he's getting on a bit his experience is very valuable.

as i said, murray started the season on fire, but then drifted out the team due to poor performances.

love murray to bits and wished he was 5 years younger, be he isnt and its time to move forward.

just had offical text

Scott Murray

Chris Weale

Richard Keogh - SUPRISINGLY!

Jordan Walker

Stephen Henderson

all been offered new contracts......no idea if signed

Byfield, Enoch, Russell, Vakso and Slocombe all released

no mentions of Fontaine, Noble, McAllister or LJ

I'm very happy for Murray even though i don't think he will play much. Keogh I'm surprised about that i even forgot he still played for us i hope he comes good and shows us the quality we know he has. With two strikers going does that mean were going to get at least another two in witch i hope we really do as wee need them. Or will Plummer finely get his chance to shine or even JMW coming back in.

Guest churchill gaffer

I'm surprised at Enoch!!!!!

Thought we could at least get something for him.

Watched him for the reserves. Way ahead of the rest of the players!

How many will go to the Gas? like Phillips.

Murray will definatly sign. As his wife and her family don't want to move from Bristol.

Murray has been a legend, and I certainly want him to have some kind of set up at City.

firstly, i agree with releasing byfield, but...

how can you say on his late season form he hasnt done enough, yet agree with murray getting a new contract?

because the main position we will be looking to improve is the forward line with at least one maybe even two forwards hopefully coming in, Byfield will want first team football and to be honest he wouldn't get a look in especially with the wages he would be wanting to stay

Murray will get a new deal because he's a very good squad player to have at the club who I still believe although not a starting 11 player can still make an impact from the bench, he has an excellent attitude, knows he isn't going to be a starter but will always work his arse off given the chance he is the type of player you need in the dressing room and will accept a much reduced contract to stay at the club,

As SL and GJ said last season, his influence and attitude in the dressing room is a massive part of the current set up, personally I think he's likely to get a player-coaching role

just had offical text

Scott Murray

Chris Weale

Richard Keogh - SUPRISINGLY!

Jordan Walker

Stephen Henderson

all been offered new contracts......no idea if signed

Byfield, Enoch, Russell, Vakso and Slocombe all released

no mentions of Fontaine, Noble, McAllister or LJ

On the face of it perhaps.

But cast your mind back to Liam Rosenior. Under 24 and not offered a new contract in time, so the club wasn't entitled to compensation.

With any player Under 24 who you feel is worth a fee, you have to offer a new conract by a certain date or you'll lose his registration. I wouldn't read it as a sign that he's being given another chance at all.

Vasko will go home, Russell will go to Cheltenham, Showunmi will go back London way and I could see the gas going in for Byfield.

Surprised Keogh's got a second chance. GJ clearly rates him, just wonder if he's changed his attitude after being farmed out to some footballing backwaters...

i thought darren and tamas had done enough to stay... although it was obvious that GJ didnt trust tamas at all

best wishes to all of those released as 4 of the 5 have been good servents to the club over the past 12-24 months also a pity martin slocombe never got a chance at left back to at least prove himself

but GJ will know who can cut it at this level

i suppose this means we will certainley sign a striker now then? as we only have trunds and dele and maybe tristan

With Byfield and Showumni going , this would lead me to think that we have at least a couple of strikers in the pipeline. I reckon this could be an exciting off-season.

With GJ getting rave reviews and City the highest we have been for a long time we should be able to attract players of the calibre we haven;t been able to dream of before

And Noble started the season like a sloth and ended it on fire.

Sproule ? I hope he can add some control to his game and get an end product more consistently, if so he will be a star in this division.

Wilson ? Utility player, not a winger.

Noble ? Quality player, not a winger.

Murray ? End product and a winger.

as son as noble started to improve his fitness he looked the like player we know he can be. lets hope he wont take so long to find his fitness after this pre season.

sproule - take the good with the bad. doesnt always produce but is more than capable of doing so

wilson - decent squad player and a much better option on the wing than murray

noble - not a natural winger, but proved he can play there by playing his best football of the season on the right wing

murray - hasnt been an end product since norwich away. and if i were to play him, it would be off the striker as he cetainly hasnt got the legs to play on the wing

MUCH as i love Scott and believe he deserves a new deal for more reasons than one, it's worth noting that all his goals this season have come when he's started on the bench.

as I've said in an earlier posting, as a starting player, he's only going to start cup games really, but from the bench he is still a threat, the comparsions in his "starting" performances and his "sub" performances this season totally back that view up.

i thought darren and tamas had done enough to stay... although it was obvious that GJ didnt trust tamas at all

best wishes to all of those released as 4 of the 5 have been good servents to the club over the past 12-24 months also a pity martin slocombe never got a chance at left back to at least prove himself

i suppose this means we will certainley sign a striker now then? as we only have trunds and dele and maybe tristan

Brooker?

As SL and GJ said last season, his influence and attitude in the dressing room is a massive part of the current set up, personally I think he's likely to get a player-coaching role

that i agree with.

definitely want him to stay around the club, but hasnt got the legs anymore to be enough of a threat in this league and will hopefully be doing more coaching than playing

because Leeds are still in League 1, do u think that they still might be interested in Enoch? If they are, I can't see him going anywhere else to be honest.

Not really surprised about Vasko and Keogh, always thought Keogh was a much better player.

Well done to Weale, Henderson, Keogh, Walker and Murray for getting offered new contracts.

Thank you to Byfield, Enoch, Russell, Vasko and Slocombe for there time at City and best of luck for the future.

With Byfield and Showumni going , this would lead me to think that we have at least a couple of strikers in the pipeline. I reckon this could be an exciting off-season.

With GJ getting rave reviews and City the highest we have been for a long time we should be able to attract players of the calibre we haven;t been able to dream of before

Out of interest, is Kevin Phillips leaving WBA?

Has his name come up anywhere?

On the face of it perhaps.

But cast your mind back to Liam Rosenior. Under 24 and not offered a new contract in time, so the club wasn't entitled to compensation.

With any player Under 24 who you feel is worth a fee, you have to offer a new conract by a certain date or you'll lose his registration. I wouldn't read it as a sign that he's being given another chance at all.

think your bang on with that........thinking about it, chances are he's been offered the same deal as he rejected last season and will likely reject it again, but as you say at least we will get a fee for him, even if it is only a nominal fee with a nice sell on.

(also I saw you on sat, sat just in front of me, was going to pop down and say hello after the game, but then the obvious happened and I forgot!)

Don't write off Brooks........he'll start a season fit hopefully and then we got a long range shooter again,yes i know nobs had a couple which got his 2 all i'm saying is rather than pass around outside or inside the box and lose it have a po and give the oppo a scare

Vasko will go home, Russell will go to Cheltenham, Showunmi will go back London way and I could see the gas going in for Byfield.

Surprised Keogh's got a second chance. GJ clearly rates him, just wonder if he's changed his attitude after being farmed out to some footballing backwaters...

I don't think he has.

I think the club are making sure they get some compensation from his next club.

After we played Cheltenham this season I've got alot of time for Keogh. He took alot of stick from the Rovers supporters and took it brilliantly at times having a laugh with them. Would like to see him do well as he certainly seems like a tidy chap.

As do you Mesa from threads in the past and now....shame you cant get rid of that pepsi&shirley and gassyman though....what a pair of prats...!!!

Brooker?

i like brooks but whats the point in him being here

he is just a liability with all his injuries and it is starting to get unreasonable really!

i know you cant blame a player for being injured but he seems to be cursed at this club

we will see i spose

still only 3 strikers and tristan so I'm still confident we will sign a foward

think your bang on with that........thinking about it, chances are he's been offered the same deal as he rejected last season and will likely reject it again, but as you say at least we will get a fee for him, even if it is only a nominal fee with a nice sell on.

I imagine that is precisely what GJ has done.

(also I saw you on sat, sat just in front of me, was going to pop down and say hello after the game, but then the obvious happened and I forgot!)

You weren't the one on a green t-shirt who got kicked out at half time for lighting a fag then?

i like brooks but whats the point in him being here

he is just a liability with all his injuries and it is starting to get unreasonable really!

i know you cant blame a player for being injured but he seems to be cursed at this club

we will see i spose

still only 3 strikers and tristan so I'm still confident we will sign a foward

I beleive, next season is the final season on his contract so it's make or break for him, no club is going to want to pay a transfer fee for him and it's pointless paying up his contract when we know that when fit he actually is a decent player.

I'd imagine he'll look after himself over the summer and come back fresh in pre-season, basically I think he'll have till Jan Transfer window to prove himself again, if he hasn't for whatever reason, he'll likely end up on loan elsewhere again till his contract expires.

I imagine that is precisely what GJ has done.

You weren't the one on a green t-shirt who got kicked out at half time for lighting a fag then?

GREEN???? to a game like Saturdays....... :disapointed2se:

no, I was in red/white depressed at the people sitting 4 rows in front of me getting their tickets cheaper than my £62 seat! :argh:

What happened to Byfield he was great to start with,siad he was really enjoying his football again after Millwall feel a little sad for him as he was the top scorer,I quess GJ knows this is the main area for improvement so two had to go for hopefully some more strikers to come in,Beckford please Gary.

Delighted to hear that Keogh has been offered a new deal. We have 4 good centre backs, no need to bring in anymore (Vasko wasn't nessecary this year). If you want to be a really good team you must have adequate cover in all positions.

Keepers - Basso, Weale, Henderson

Right Backs - Orr, Wilson

Centre backs - Carey, Mcombe, Fontaine, Keogh

Left Backs - Mcallister, Fontaine

Right Mids - Sproule, Murray, Wilson (possibly a concern area...)

Left Mids - Mcindoe, AN OTHER (A difficult area to fill, I'm happier with one than the none we had for years...)

Centre Mids - Elliot, Skuse, Noble, Johnson, Carle (good mix of creativity and holding)

Strikers - Trundle, Adebola, Brooker (like all three of these players but in desperate need of a goal scorer to play with one of them)

That's a pretty rosy looking squad if were going to be honest with ourselves...

What happened to Byfield he was great to start with,siad he was really enjoying his football again after Millwall feel a little sad for him as he was the top scorer,I quess GJ knows this is the main area for improvement so two had to go for hopefully some more strikers to come in,Beckford please Gary.

problem when your the top scorer and you have only scored 8 goals, the future is never going to be great, he'll get a League1 club without a problem though.

Out of the 5, the only two who really played much this season were Vasko and Byfield, I guess this means we're looking for another striker to replace Byfield whilst hopefuly Keogh will come in to fill the gap left by Vasko.

It will then be a case of whether other clubs come in with offers for our other fringe players (Wilson, Skuse... others?) and if Gary thinks we can replace them with better players.

Archived