IGNORED

Murray, Weale, Henderson, Walker And Keogh!

bh_red

Delighted to hear that Keogh has been offered a new deal. We have 4 good centre backs, no need to bring in anymore (Vasko wasn't nessecary this year). If you want to be a really good team you must have adequate cover in all positions.

Keepers - Basso, Weale, Henderson

Right Backs - Orr, Wilson Jordan Walker

Centre backs - Carey, Mcombe, Fontaine, Keogh

Left Backs - Mcallister, Fontaine

Right Mids - Sproule, Murray, Wilson (possibly a concern area...)

Left Mids - Mcindoe, AN OTHER (A difficult area to fill, I'm happier with one than the none we had for years...)

Centre Mids - Elliot, Skuse, Noble, Johnson, Carle (good mix of creativity and holding)

Strikers - Trundle, Adebola, Brooker (like all three of these players but in desperate need of a goal scorer to play with one of them)

That's a pretty rosy looking squad if were going to be honest with ourselves...

I think Jordan Walker will make his debut next season at some point when Orr is suspended or injured!

I'm surprised at Enoch!!!!!

Thought we could at least get something for him.

Watched him for the reserves. Way ahead of the rest of the players!

How many will go to the Gas? like Phillips.

Murray will definatly sign. As his wife and her family don't want to move from Bristol.

Murray has been a legend, and I certainly want him to have some kind of set up at City.

agree with you mate, didnt leeds offer money for enoch and he was talked into staying, not very good business. Gutted for vasko, don think weve seen the best of him at all. Sir gary knows best, frees up some money for a raid for eastwood i hope!

U Reds

Don't write off Brooks........he'll start a season fit hopefully and then we got a long range shooter again,yes i know nobs had a couple which got his 2 all i'm saying is rather than pass around outside or inside the box and lose it have a po and give the oppo a scare

I hope your right. we have now effectively had to write him off for TWO seasons now. Its a long time to carry someone.

Delighted to hear that Keogh has been offered a new deal. We have 4 good centre backs, no need to bring in anymore (Vasko wasn't nessecary this year). If you want to be a really good team you must have adequate cover in all positions.

Right Backs - Orr, Wilson

Left Mids - Mcindoe, AN OTHER (A difficult area to fill, I'm happier with one than the none we had for years...)

Centre Mids - Elliot, Skuse, Noble, Johnson, Carle (good mix of creativity and holding)

Strikers - Trundle, Adebola, Brooker (like all three of these players but in desperate need of a goal scorer to play with one of them)

Surely Christian Ribeiro should be in there somewhere?

I don't think he has.

I think the club are making sure they get some compensation from his next club.

Exactly, I doubt Richard Keogh will play for City again. He's had his chances. Unless he's prepared to back down on whatever the problem was and sign a new deal, Keogh will go somewhere local like Cheltenham, Yeovil, Torquay or Swindon.

He's only been OFFERED the deal to ensure we get a chance of some compensation if someone else signs him up.

just had offical text

Scott Murray

Chris Weale

Richard Keogh - SUPRISINGLY!

Jordan Walker

Stephen Henderson

all been offered new contracts......no idea if signed

Byfield, Enoch, Russell, Vakso and Slocombe all released

no mentions of Fontaine, Noble, McAllister or LJ

Suprised about Scott but he is a dressing room character.

Suspect Keogh's contract offer is more to do with compensation rights than being an extra C. back. I predict a new signing will be made in that position.

I see you won't have any space for amy of the young city pro's. Wonder if you may ne right on that one.

No, if we're really being honest its a long way short of having enough quality to go up. Sure it'd win League 1 at a canter, but we need a few new faces to really be worthy of going up next season.

I can't understand the people who are saying they are surprised that Murray got a new deal!

It's simple - he is loved at the club, is a great role model to younger players and a key part of the strong dressing room this season.

I suppose you could compare him to Giggs at Utd, even though he is clearly passed his best he is worth keeping simply for his strong personality and what he adds to our club.

Byfield was only ever signed for a year wasn't he? Brooker, Adebola and Trundle all have time left on their contracts, we must definitely be bringing in a striker (that goes without saying really) and Byfield is the easy one to move on. Enoch I'm afraid snookered himself with his Agent as well as not being able to mould himself into what GJ asked of him.

Keogh as others have said is an insurance policy.

Russell was always going, think he was on good wages so money freed up.

Vasko was a season long loan with a view to buy, I thought the fee had been agreed, maybe this turned out to be too much and maybe non negotiable. So with what he is ikely to contribute our money is better spent elsewhere.

Murray, I'm pleased about. Can't see GJ doing it out of sentiment so a coaching role must be in there somewhere as it can't purely be a playing contract can it?

I don't know enough about Walker or Slocombe and GJ must be happy with the 2 'keepers.

i thought darren and tamas had done enough to stay... although it was obvious that GJ didnt trust tamas at all

best wishes to all of those released as 4 of the 5 have been good servents to the club over the past 12-24 months also a pity martin slocombe never got a chance at left back to at least prove himself

but GJ will know who can cut it at this level

i suppose this means we will certainley sign a striker now then? as we only have trunds and dele and maybe tristan

why havent you mentioned brooker?

agree with you mate, didnt leeds offer money for enoch and he was talked into staying, not very good business. Gutted for vasko, don think weve seen the best of him at all. Sir gary knows best, frees up some money for a raid for eastwood i hope!

U Reds

I wouldn't be suprised if Enoch is now settled down south and didn't want to join a team where he was maybe 3th/4th in line just cover in a league one team where he was about the same in a championship on the move and if there were any injuries had a chance which team would you choose? I think if we didn't rely on him as a target man we would got the best of him overall I suppose he's not upto this level.

Archived