IGNORED

Striker?

kamikazee

some good names being thrown about.is kevin phillips out of contract at wba?

also i see stuart fleetwood is having talks with charlton and swansea.

he could be useful with an experienced striker.he's quick,young and local.

Some players I'd like to see us in for are:

Joe Garner (Carlisle)

Rob Earnshaw (Derby)

Dave Cotterill (Wigan)

Nicky Maynard (Crewe - if he's not priced over £1.5m)

Dean Lewington (MK Dons)

Lee Croft (Norwich - but will be very hard to get given interest from Prem clubs)

Some young players we might be able to get on season long loan:

Danny Simpson (Man U)

Jay Simpson and Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal)

Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

A few players abroad having good seasons that might be worth a visit from Pete Johnson:

Mario Mandžukić (Dinamo Zagreb)

Želimir Terkeš (NK Zadar)

Paweł Brożek (Wisla Krakow)

Tisza Tibor (Upjest)

You only picked that last one because he rhymes...

He certainly likes a long range free kick! :noexpression:

I think Madger mentioned him this time last year when Vasko signed because he's from the same club. Looked him up again recently and apparently he's had a fantastic season. There's always a risk in bringing in players from abroad but it's mitigated by the fact that they're cheaper. Someone scoring goals like that in the English leagues would be worth millions even if it was at league one/league two level but I reckon he'd be much cheaper.

some good names being thrown about.is kevin phillips out of contract at wba?

also i see stuart fleetwood is having talks with charlton and swansea.

he could be useful with an experienced striker.he's quick,young and local.

Wouldn't want Fleetwood anywhere near our club i watched FGR a fair few times last season and he either turns up or goes missing badly ..when the pressure got put on him earlier in the season he bottled it , mind you in the pre season game we played up there he was very impressive ...we really should be aiming for someone with more higher league experience than him though ....

hows about the south american route?? anyone seen any little gems out there? not bein orrid but there's quite a few out there who would love the chance to earn a bit of cash to send back home and sure they would come cheaper than europeans and hespanic strikers tend to have little more flair

Wouldn't want Fleetwood anywhere near our club i watched FGR a fair few times last season and he either turns up or goes missing badly ..when the pressure got put on him earlier in the season he bottled it , mind you in the pre season game we played up there he was very impressive ...we really should be aiming for someone with more higher league experience than him though ....

just hope he doesn't go to swansea or charlton and start banging them in.

phillips was untried before bursting on the scene for watford

just hope he doesn't go to swansea or charlton and start banging them in.

phillips was untried before bursting on the scene for watford

Yeah see what you mean , still think with our status now we can hopefully attract a more proven goalscorer at a higher level ..who knows what GJ has in store for us ... i for one cant wait to find out , sure it'll be all good :fingerscrossed:

hows about the south american route?? anyone seen any little gems out there? not bein orrid but there's quite a few out there who would love the chance to earn a bit of cash to send back home and sure they would come cheaper than europeans and hespanic strikers tend to have little more flair

I think unless you play for your national side it's difficult to get a visa.

Its a bit of a tabloid equivalent, but teletext earlier had a full page saying that Ross McCormack wants to leave Motherwell, and Wigan, Notts Forest and Bristol City are after him. It says he is a playmaker, but if he is right sided we would have a role for him there. Maynard is the one I want though, he is quality, but I would be thinking he will be going for around 1.5m + If by the time we get a 25% discount (our sell on clause) on Lita though we could be looking at a similar kind of figure, and I would expect him to score more goals in the shorter term.

Si.

Wouldn't want Fleetwood anywhere near our club i watched FGR a fair few times last season and he either turns up or goes missing badly.

You could say that about a lot of strikers even at Premier League level and I do agree that City should be after a proven Championship goalscorer.

But you could also get Fleetwood for next to nothing; he is out of contract and therefore it will be a Tribunal fee at most. Surely worth a gamble at, say £25,000, which unfortunately, I think is all that we at FGR will get for him now? No-one could really say for certain whether he could cut it at Championship level, but there's only one way to find out. Personally I think he'd certainly get more goals than Trundle did this season for 1/40th of the price. He has already scored against City, Coventry (hat trick for Hereford), Swindle and Rotherham. Confidence is the key factor with goalscorers; he could get one off his arse in his first game and could then never look back.

If it didn't work out you would always recoup any losses by selling him to a League 1/League 2 team. Crewe offered £175,000 in January. Or loan him back to us at FGR ;)

sahme if that's right on the visa bit. out of curiosity looked at the brazillian championship top scorers. top plays for a team finished 19th put in 20 and 2nd for a team that finished 15th so top scorer in a team set to get relegated. got to be worth a phone call from gj

Its a bit of a tabloid equivalent, but teletext earlier had a full page saying that Ross McCormack wants to leave Motherwell, and Wigan, Notts Forest and Bristol City are after him. It says he is a playmaker, but if he is right sided we would have a role for him there. Maynard is the one I want though, he is quality, but I would be thinking he will be going for around 1.5m + If by the time we get a 25% discount (our sell on clause) on Lita though we could be looking at a similar kind of figure, and I would expect him to score more goals in the shorter term.

Si.

Ross McCormack is quality. I mentioned somewhere else I thought he'd signed a pre-contract at Wigan but I think I'm wrong about that. I'd love us to get him. He's a striker mainly, but can drop deep and link up with the midfield. Could play on the right but I wouldn't advise it.

I've seen Fleetwood a few times as well including the FA Cup game v Rotherham when he scored twice.

He's a cool finisher and does have good pace, not sure if it would stand out at C'ship level mind.

If the fee really is £25k and his wages low then could be worth it, although I wouldn't be too gutted if we missed out. My feeling is he needs to ply his trade in League One first.

cardiff haven't nailed confirmations out of fowler or hasslebaink yet. not sure on age wise but they went there on frees so most likely move on same way. now i know fowler was out all last season right til the end when he declared fit so he'd be fit into next season and would be a better aquisition than another sad cabbage

cardiff haven't nailed confirmations out of fowler or hasslebaink yet. not sure on age wise but they went there on frees so most likely move on same way. now i know fowler was out all last season right til the end when he declared fit so he'd be fit into next season and would be a better aquisition than another sad cabbage

NO THANKYOU!

Michael Bradley a 20 year old american currently playing for SC Heerenveen is getting rave reviews. But David Moyes, Boro, Fulham and a host of bigger German clubs are so say interested.

If someone's playing well in the top flight of a league better than the championship they will not come here IMO

If someone's playing well in the top flight of a league better than the championship they will not come here IMO

No agree, the player seems to have high sights, depends how many starts he wants, but looks like he will move somewhere this summer.

No agree, the player seems to have high sights, depends how many starts he wants, but looks like he will move somewhere this summer.

Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Ajax, PSV, Manchester City, Aston Villa. That's where the last few strikers earning rave reviews at Heerenveen go and usually for large amounts of cash. Not to us.

Ross McCormack is quality. I mentioned somewhere else I thought he'd signed a pre-contract at Wigan but I think I'm wrong about that. I'd love us to get him. He's a striker mainly, but can drop deep and link up with the midfield. Could play on the right but I wouldn't advise it.

Is this the fella GJ and Milly watched or were due to watch last January when they were spotted at Bristol Airport?!

Is this the fella GJ and Milly watched or were due to watch last January when they were spotted at Bristol Airport?!

Could well have been. I know they were up here a few times watching Steven Naismith, Ivan Sproule and Michael Pospisil among others. Could well have been looking at McCormack.

Archived