IGNORED

Striker?

kamikazee

Just been looking at goalscorers to see who is out there and possibly out of contract. in our league we won't get anyone. Lisbe looked good but has pledged to stay so lloking below, leeds and swansea won't get rid, couple down is gasbert so leads to Gillespie. bought him down here from the pool and let him go personally i thought too early. seemed a little head strong but they all grow out of that. 16 goals so if gj does look below us and hopefully younger rather than older maybe worth a swap of some form even a 2 for 1 loan arrangement for 3 months????? other than that looks like the overseas route maybe butter up the latvians when they come over

Just been looking at goalscorers to see who is out there and possibly out of contract. in our league we won't get anyone. Lisbe looked good but has pledged to stay so lloking below, leeds and swansea won't get rid, couple down is gasbert so leads to Gillespie. bought him down here from the pool and let him go personally i thought too early. seemed a little head strong but they all grow out of that. 16 goals so if gj does look below us and hopefully younger rather than older maybe worth a swap of some form even a 2 for 1 loan arrangement for 3 months????? other than that looks like the overseas route maybe butter up the latvians when they come over

I like the look of Dickinson the young lad who played for Stockport this afternoon. Scored a stunning goal.

we are bigger than these names

come on think prem experience and proven at championship

neil mellor? not proven but awesome non the less

malcolm christie? where has he gone

jay bothroyd? worth a punt

david healy? can score just needs right domestic side

izale mcleod? not played much for charlton

darren huckerby? free

earnshaw? not a fan personally but at this level not many better records

michael mifsud? cant see him staying at skint coventry! could be cheap

gregorsz rasiak? same as above

ben sahar/ febian brandy/ krisztian nemeth/daniel sturrige/freddy sears? long term loan for competitive first team experience

any of the above really... if we want to progress

or fo course there is the foreign option

malcolm christie? No Thanks

jay bothroyd? Useless

david healy? Maybe as a backup - not as a starter.

izale mcleod? Not good enough.

darren huckerby? off to the USA apparantly.

earnshaw? I would put this one down as one of my top 4

michael mifsud? don't think they will let him go.

gregorsz rasiak? If the top 4 arent available

ben sahar - well worth a shout.

my others would be Lita, Riordan, Billy Sharp.

Nicky maynard is deffinetly worth a shout he is quality on his day and i say 750 k will get him.

yeah, i rated him more than varney and its varney who got the big move and did okay...... I'd be delighted if we signed Maynard, i think hes quality!

we are bigger than these names

come on think prem experience and proven at championship

neil mellor? not proven but awesome non the less

malcolm christie? where has he gone

terrible and inury prone

jay bothroyd? worth a punt

hasn't exactly set the world alight has he

david healy? can score just needs right domestic side

would be tempted but hasn't really done it at club level

izale mcleod? not played much for charlton

he hasn't played for them for a reason becuase he's crap

darren huckerby? free

i would definately take him but as a right winger instead

earnshaw? not a fan personally but at this level not many better records

no i hate the whingin little git

michael mifsud? cant see him staying at skint coventry! could be cheap

maybe but hasn't done much since christmas

gregorsz rasiak? same as above

possibly one of the better target men out there

ben sahar/ febian brandy/ krisztian nemeth/daniel sturrige/freddy sears? long term loan for competitive first team experience

all brilliant players and we've seen what a prem striker can do with campbell at hull

any of the above really... if we want to progress

or fo course there is the foreign option

also nicky maynard joe garner leroy lita and aaron mclean are players we should look at

malcolm christie? No Thanks Has been without a club for over a year now, definate no no

jay bothroyd? Useless Agreed

david healy? Maybe as a backup - not as a starter. Would be a good signing but not top of my list

izale mcleod? Not good enough. Agreed

darren huckerby? off to the USA apparantly. Seems that way

earnshaw? I would put this one down as one of my top 4 Will sign for either Derby or Forest when he comes back off holiday

michael mifsud? don't think they will let him go. Not for me.

gregorsz rasiak? If the top 4 arent available Could well be available but is he any better than what we already have? I'm not sure he's the same player he was a few years ago...

ben sahar - well worth a shout. No

my others would be Lita, Riordan, Billy Sharp.

Lita could well be an option due his contract being up with Reading and the terms of the deal that took him there could be favourable for us. Seem to like Bristol but attitude and size of his head could rule that out.

Sharp will have a big role to play for Sheff Utd after hitting form towards the end of the season but we should definately look at Danny Webber his team mate who seems to have been frozen out under Blackwell.

We were never in for Riordan and I doubt that will change now.

David Connolly will be joining Sheff Weds on a free this summer but Sunderland are already looking at off loading players like Daryl Murphy who'd do a good job for us. Wages could be a problem though. Rumours that they're also in negotiations with Cardiff to sell Chopra back to them so if he's available, he'd be a great signing for us at this level. Major transfer fee and wages though.

Nicky Maynard is the best prospect in the lower leagues and will leave Crewe this summer, we should absolutely be in for him as any outlay in transfer fee would most likely be doubled and he would fit within our wage structure. Proven scorer, bags of potential, pace, directness and seemingly ready to step up.

Eastwood looks like joining Coventry but would his transfer listed team mate Stephen Elliott be worth a look? Probably not but had a good record with Sunderland.

Any others I've missed?

Some players I'd like to see us in for are:

Joe Garner (Carlisle)

Rob Earnshaw (Derby)

Dave Cotterill (Wigan)

Nicky Maynard (Crewe - if he's not priced over £1.5m)

Dean Lewington (MK Dons)

Lee Croft (Norwich - but will be very hard to get given interest from Prem clubs)

Some young players we might be able to get on season long loan:

Danny Simpson (Man U)

Jay Simpson and Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal)

Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

A few players abroad having good seasons that might be worth a visit from Pete Johnson:

Mario Mandžukić (Dinamo Zagreb)

Želimir Terkeš (NK Zadar)

Paweł Brożek (Wisla Krakow)

Tisza Tibor (Upjest)

If we want Earnshaw we'll have to be quick as Forest have already made a move. £2.5 million the fee apparently.

Garner is a gamble as he's returning from long term injury.

Don't think Curbs will be looking to offload Freddie Sears on loan or permanently.

What about Bobby Zamora?

Some players I'd like to see us in for are:

Joe Garner (Carlisle)

Rob Earnshaw (Derby)

Dave Cotterill (Wigan)

Nicky Maynard (Crewe - if he's not priced over £1.5m)

Dean Lewington (MK Dons)

Lee Croft (Norwich - but will be very hard to get given interest from Prem clubs)

Some young players we might be able to get on season long loan:

Danny Simpson (Man U)

Jay Simpson and Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal)

Emiliano Insua (Liverpool)

A few players abroad having good seasons that might be worth a visit from Pete Johnson:

Mario Mandžukić (Dinamo Zagreb)

Želimir Terkeš (NK Zadar)

Paweł Brożek (Wisla Krakow)

Tisza Tibor (Upjest)

Good post.

For me I would release Byfield, sell Brooker and try and sell Trundle back to Swansea (500k).

We are desperate for some pace and directness.

Bring in 3 strikers, obviously how much we can spend dictates who we sign but in an ideal world I would go for either Lita or Earnshaw plus Garner and Maynard.

We need a right winger and Cotteril would be perfect for us.

Sign Matty Hill and we would cover all bases. That should cost Lansdown a cool £6m.

cheers. :winner_third_h4h:

Ken Fagerberg, Midtjylland. 19 year old Swede playing in the Danish prem. To late to get him cheap though.

some of the players in would like to see at ashton gate:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Wayne Rooney

S Gerrard

Rio Ferdinand

D Berbatov

Come on Chairman! Get your money out!

Rooney was garbage in the Champs Final. He needs more consistency to make it with our mob.

Guest shane
agree with nibor on tibor tizsa and brozek but also damian robak of korona kielce in poland he has a lot of pace and a good eye for goal

What about henderson from watford always a hand full they maybe under pressure to cut wage bill

Archived