IGNORED

What Is Your Job?

dezgimed

I'm sure I've asked this at least twice before, but I'm at that curious age regarding working life. It would interest me to know what all you people do, with earnings if you're big enough to say.

I think I know some..

Robbored - NHS

Dolly - Charity with kids??

Malone - Retired living in a rubber room

:noexpression:

Guest MaloneFM
I think I know some..

Don't forget uncles matching rubber pants and bedsheet as well Dizwald there's a good lad.

Guest MaloneFM
Busybody/nosey Doris, low paid slave to disabled child, concubine to large Anthony and spur of the moment burlesque pitch performer if you want to be totally accurate.

;)

I'm sure I've asked this at least twice before, but I'm at that curious age regarding working life. It would interest me to know what all you people do, with earnings if you're big enough to say.

I think I know some..

Robbored - NHS

Yep! NHS virtualy all my working life.Will be eligable for retirement in just over two years.Qualified as a psychiatric nurse in 1976. Been working in addiction for the last 24 years.

Salary? top of Band 7 on the NHS pay scale.....no more incriments unfortunately.

Yep! NHS virtualy all my working life.Will be eligable for retirement in just over two years.Qualified as a psychiatric nurse in 1976. Been working in addiction for the last 24 years.

Salary? top of Band 7 on the NHS pay scale.....no more incriments unfortunately.

I know its late, but you're a future predicting nurse with a 24 year addiction (to what?) and your band is in the top 7 bands in the NHS?

:innocent06:

In all seriousness, thanks for the info.

I know its late, but you're a future predicting nurse with a 24 year addiction (to what?) and your band is in the top 7 bands in the NHS?

:innocent06:

In all seriousness, thanks for the info.

I work with people who have serious problems with alcohol addiction.

NHS pay is divided into pay bands. The lower the number the least you earn. The top band is 9, I think. After that your into high management salaries.

Quite an interesting topic seeing as many people talk about work but rarely say what their job is.

As for Robbored's job, would never have guessed that one but fair play, good job. Very handsome salary aswell. Dezgimed, what do you ploan to do when you finish uni?

Have a guess at other forum users jobs;

Nibor - job in IT?

Bristol Boy - some management job in Rail

Big Red Rich - car salesman? Not too sure.

DanC - some sort of factory work?

Quite an interesting topic seeing as many people talk about work but rarely say what their job is.

As for Robbored's job, would never have guessed that one but fair play, good job. Very handsome salary aswell. Dezgimed, what do you ploan to do when you finish uni?

Have a guess at other forum users jobs;

Nibor - job in IT?

Bristol Boy - some management job in Rail

Big Red Rich - car salesman? Not too sure.

DanC - some sort of factory work?

Well my current internship is in the finance (tax) department with a MNC.

And despite being asked back, it really isnt for me. I think I need to be somewhere where finance is the business, not a function. Possibly in practice too as opposed to industry.

I used to think accounting would be good, but from what I've seen/done, it isnt. So I hope to focus on something I enjoy doing, which would be more economics based.

If that means being someones bitch researching markets, so be it.

I am on course for a 1st Class Degree classification, and have had a pretty successful internship (based on results/achievements) so am not afraid to apply to some big banks, but I fear my A-levels will hinder alot of opportunities.

Who knows..

I'm a warehouse assistant team leader for a online contactlenses company my job is to bascially make sure my workers get your lenses out to you on time etc..... Inst bad pay for the hours i work only 37 hours a week Monday to Friday

http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/

I work 40 hours but only Tuesday to Friday so get a nice long weekend off every week.

As for me I work in a m&s food distribution centre. Not the greatest of jobs in the world but it pays the bills whilst I figure out what I want to do in life. It's a 1 minute drive from home and the people I work with are a great bunch apart from some of the poles that claim they are allergic to the cold so they have to work in the ambient.

I was offered a trainers job but was so pissed off with the company at the time I rejected the opportunity. I then was asked to apply to be a task leader but after some consideration I decided against it as I currently work a 4 day fixed shift where as a task leader works a 5 day week with 2 separate rest days in a week, And the pittance being offered wouldn't have been worth the extra responsibility that comes your way. I've self taught myself the companies computer system, So going into the administration office could be a option for me. I do prefer to use my head over physical work as well.

I am also considering the possibility of getting a HGV license. I do love travelling, Driving and sometimes I feel trapped by working in a set place if you get me.

My ideal job would be a travelling job where I feel I am making a difference. Just haven't figured out what that job is yet.

FirstBus are always recruiting.
The first bus that comes is always the bus I don't need so maybe they should be called LastBus or the maybeitmaycomebus or the neverbus.

I forgot to mention the bit where I would prefer not to do much physical work.

Don't reject the terrorist option out of hand ! You get to see the world - and, indeed, the next world, and there isn't much heavy lifting. If you can carry a rucksack, you're basically in.

Don't reject the terrorist option out of hand ! You get to see the world - and, indeed, the next world, and there isn't much heavy lifting. If you can carry a rucksack, you're basically in.
Can I apply online? Do I need references? What is the pay? Is there a bonus scheme? Do I get a travel allowance? Do I get a company car?

Can I apply online? Do I need references? What is the pay? Is there a bonus scheme? Do I get a travel allowance? Do I get a company car?

The interview process is quite demanding, not quite as intense as The Apprentice but you have to be prepared to spend a month in Afghanistan.

Owing to the nature of the work, references from surviving ex-colleagues can be difficult to come by, so they normally take them as read.

There is no bonus scheme as such but the pension plan is unparalleled - could I just say "seventy-two virgins" and leave it at that for now.

Your expenses are all covered in theory but you may have problems trying to claim for certain drinks. Best stick to Virgin Cola if you don't want to be out of pocket.

No company car is provided but you will be fully reimbursed for a day return second-class ticket from anywhere in the UK to London, including Zones 1 and 2 on the tube.

I forgot to mention the bit where I would prefer not to do much physical work.

You'll be for the Royal Navy then, free iPod supplied. the only bummer is the public speaking you may have to make, under oath on TV :innocent06:

I think I know some..

Robbored - NHS

Dolly - Charity with kids??

I work for a charity and support male and females with severe learning disability's. But i trained to be a occupational therapist ....never a dull moment in my job, thats why i love it :dancing6:

Archived