IGNORED

Swanky And Dandy

Andy Horsman

• Admin
So its got a chip or a barcode on the back which we're going to shove in the turnstile then?

No

Nope no barcode or chip

Strange !

It explains how they work on the back of the fixture list that comes with them!

In the diagram the card had a strip like on the back of a bank card

Sounds like a magnetic card. In light of no chip or magnetic strip my guess is that they will work along the lines of Oyster cards on the london underground.

are we "really" that advanced ???

We have similar cards in work, stick money on to use in vendind machines open the doors, swipe in and out etc.....

Am puzzled how they will work . . .

Until I see it work for myself, all I can see is that we will show the card to a turnstile operator !

Confused me ! :noexpression:

• Admin
Mine also came through this morning, and it's for the east end. It does have a block, row and seat number printed on it though. Is this just for administrative reasons? we've not been bumped off and being forced to sit in a certain seat r we?

Would guess it's just easier to work out capacity if "dummy" seats are allocated

They are being posted in order of supporter importance, ie. best supporters first.

Incidently mine was hand delivered in early June by Marina Dolman, Stephen Lansdown, Kieth Dawe and Gary Johnson. They turned up in a stretch limo and took me and my family on a hour long tour of south Bristol ending with a slap up meal at Le Monde, all very nice too.

I think we all had a bit too much rioja and they started blurting out transfer targets and stadium plans etc. I thought at the time that it was probably not for public consumption and The Chairmans sheepish phone call the next morning confirmed this.

Thanks for the day gang, I had a ball.

Who says the club don't treat the supporters correctly !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ah, you went for the Premium Management package didn't you? I was going for that until the Gold Player option caught my eye. Bradley and Co I expect will be around soon, don't think I'll bother with the dinner! :D

They are being posted in order of supporter importance, ie. best supporters first.

Incidently mine was hand delivered in early June by Marina Dolman, Stephen Lansdown, Kieth Dawe and Gary Johnson. They turned up in a stretch limo and took me and my family on a hour long tour of south Bristol ending with a slap up meal at Le Monde, all very nice too.

I think we all had a bit too much rioja and they started blurting out transfer targets and stadium plans etc. I thought at the time that it was probably not for public consumption and The Chairmans sheepish phone call the next morning confirmed this.

Thanks for the day gang, I had a ball.

Who says the club don't treat the supporters correctly !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Is that all you got mate unlucky, they turned up on my door with my season ticket, keys to a brand new ferrari, two NASA tickets to the moon, a pet Raccoon, life time supply of Hubba Bubba and a Golden ticket for Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. oh yeah almost forgot they said that one of the new stadiums stands will be named after me!!

Is that all you got mate unlucky, they turned up on my door with my season ticket, keys to a brand new ferrari, two NASA tickets to the moon, a pet Raccoon, life time supply of Hubba Bubba and a Golden ticket for Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. oh yeah almost forgot they said that one of the new stadiums stands will be named after me!!

The Cider Mad End, in the Cider Bowl Arena, I like it!

We had these credit-card style season tickets last season. When you get to the turnstiles, you show it in front of a reader, the green light goes on and the turnstile operator lets you through.

That's how ours work, I assume yours are the same.... :fingerscrossed:

He asked a question, so i replied to the question. About the cars tohugh, i got a feeling that the oldies might have trouble with it. Hope there is enough stewards around to help people that don't understand how to use it or need a hand.

If people can't cope with the card...i think that's called natural selection.

He asked a question, so i replied to the question. About the cars tohugh, i got a feeling that the oldies might have trouble with it. Hope there is enough stewards around to help people that don't understand how to use it or need a hand.

I would think there will still be stewards outside. Otherwise it will be a free for all and you could take anything into the ground.

Because they're what?

not used to technology... I have a 60 year old colleague, who i have been working with for 8 years and he cant type a letter or send an email, even though i showed him how on numerous occasions - not his fault though, he did'nt grow up with technology like i did.

I don't believe anyone physically able..is unable to type a letter.

None of us have used swipe card season tickets, it's not a diffcult concept to grasp..i don't see why any "oldies" would have any more of a problem than anyone else.

I don't believe anyone physically able..is unable to type a letter.

None of us have used swipe card season tickets, it's not a diffcult concept to grasp..i don't see why any "oldies" would have any more of a problem than anyone else.

the actuall typing bit not a problem (although takes an hour to type it), but things like putting spaces in between lines, is what confuses him.

Just to confirm, my Mother 60(ish) is technologically retarded, her Mother thought a cash-machine was black-magic and as for me; remote controls send me screaming to the hill-tops!

I suspect there will be the odd confused bod and I suspect that they will be part of the generation fastly approaching Last Orders.

Archived