IGNORED

Mifsud Offer Accepted

Guest Garfunkle

Guest Garfunkle
There you have it then, assuming your not taking the p that will cement the fact that Meteb defo isn't coming.

I'm not.

rather misfud myself. less of a gamble

Guest Garfunkle

any ideas how much we would have bid? he was being touted for around £5m last season in tabloids which was obviously too much but id guess around the £1m mark as he only has a year left on contract

POTENTIAL EXCITING SIGNING AT LAST

Wooooooo! (Those are my thoughts)

Dele will convince him to come here so i think (assuming he's not a jerk, passes THE INTERVIEW OF DOOM and wages aren't stupid) we'll be getting our man.

I think he's exactly what we need. Pace by the bucketload, works very hard, creates for others, goes wide, drops off, goes over the top, scores enough goals.

Christian Roberts without the alcohol. Woooo again. really hope we pull this off.

Now..why have we gone public on this? Thought we didn't say anything about anything. Distraction from Metebgate? I think so. But i don't care.

Would have thought that Cov would have been looking to recoup much, if not all, of the 1.2m they paid for Eastwood.

To the posters that have said they hope that the Meteb deal isn't off - just one question-

After GJ said that Meteb was the fox in the box that we have been looking for - what exactly is Mifsud? (to me it looks like Meteb deal is DEAD)

POTENTIAL EXCITING SIGNING AT LAST

Wooooooo! (Those are my thoughts)

Dele will convince him to come here so i think (assuming he's not a jerk, passes THE INTERVIEW OF DOOM and wages aren't stupid) we'll be getting our man.

I think he's exactly what we need. Pace by the bucketload, works very hard, creates for others, goes wide, drops off, goes over the top, scores enough goals.

Christian Roberts without the alcohol. Woooo again. really hope we pull this off.

Now..why have we gone public on this? Thought we didn't say anything about anything. Distraction from Metebgate? I think so. But i don't care.

Coventry went public on their website so i guess were just confirming what they said! Doubt we would have known anything if they didnt put it up.

Hopefully a deal around 1 mil, good work in my view!

Lets hope his hasn't got a game lined up in Malta!

Yeah he just wants to play one more game for Cov before signing for us.

It's at the Ricoh on the 23rd of August

Personally I think he will be a City player by the close of business today. Its odd that our name appeared in the last couple of days and he has pretty much handed in a transfer request. Norwich and Palace have been linked with him all summer and nothing has happened. I wonder if Dele has had a word.

Coventry went public on their website so i guess were just confirming what they said! Doubt we would have known anything if they didnt put it up.

Ah that's the other possibility.

Coventry are cretins.

Fair enough.

Welcome distraction though IMO.

City have been given permission to talk to the player and subject to succesful negotiations and a medical, hope to make the Maltese forward their next summer signing

So what might he be, our second or third signing? I lose count. :innocent06:

Would have thought that Cov would have been looking to recoup much, if not all, of the 1.2m they paid for Eastwood.

To the posters that have said they hope that the Meteb deal isn't off - just one question-

After GJ said that Meteb was the fox in the box that we have been looking for - what exactly is Mifsud? (to me it looks like Meteb deal is DEAD)

he's got pace...... i think

I wouldnt get too excited yet, theres a reason why Coventry put it up on their sites. There may be a few rival bids to come.

I do think the Dele factor will swing it for us though.

Yep. Another club that conducts its business in public.

Still, at least Coventry won't nip him back to play for them at the weekend if he signs for us.

Why announce that the bid has been succesful for Mifsud? I'm now confused as to why the club have done this and haven't for a long time on other deals. Am I a cynic to think that this is a warning shot across the bows of Al Ahly?

Coventry put it up.

We can't exactly not do the same.

However, you won't get any staff quotes on it until it's done.

Unlike Cov.

BCFC = Professional. Coventry = dying club.

"Bristol City have come in with an offer that we believe is acceptable for a striker who scored 17 goals last season and we have given them permission to speak to Michael and his representatives." - Ray Ranson (Cov chairman)

Why announce that the bid has been succesful for Mifsud? I'm now confused as to why the club have done this and haven't for a long time on other deals. Am I a cynic to think that this is a warning shot across the bows of Al Ahly?

Its been announced because coventry announced it and made it public.

Archived