IGNORED

Mifsud Offer Accepted

Guest Garfunkle

This pobably explains why we haven't heard form the club on Meteb, they wanted to soften the blow by announcing Mifsud at the same thime they annouced the signing of Meteb has broken down.

Would of been good PR..

Or confirm both deals at the same time.

Now that would be good PR...

so we all pretty much think the Motæb deal is dead? but what about his agent claiming this morning that the deal wasnt dead? or do you all reckon thats just bull?

excited by mifsud though!!! bring him on!!

:winner_third_h4h:

Yep. Another club that conducts its business in public.

Still, at least Coventry won't nip him back to play for them at the weekend if he signs for us.

No, but I predict the deal will take a month (and a day) to sort out and he plays his last match for them, and bows out with a hat trick, on 23rd August!!! :o

I don't think that the Meteb deal is dead - certainly not on the basis of unsubstantiated rumour. GJ said that he wanted to bring in a couple of new strikers and as far as I am concerned, that's exactly what he's done.

Agreed. I'm guessing this is the pacey striker we were looking for.

I hope this Meteb deal is no over.

Mifsud, Adebola, Trundle, a fit Brooker, you know I'd be happy with that and see where we are come January and sign someone if required. Otherwise get a promising quick lad in on loan from a prem club for the season and stop with all the jabber about commitment, every club that has gone up in recent times have played a kid or two from the Prem on loan.....

I think it's a bit harsh to call Cov unprofessional over their announcement. They've probably had other enquiries over the last month or so, and are just trying to flush out bids from other interested parties. It suits them to release this info, it doesn't suit us. Just as we try to keep things quiet for as long as possible when we're buying, the selling club is trying to drum up interest in their player. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Has that announcement re the "misunderstanding" that led to Meteb playing been posted on the other thread? I hope Gary doesn't cut off his nose to spite his face on this one... I'd love to have them both playing for us.

I don't think that the Meteb deal is dead - certainly not on the basis of unsubstantiated rumour. GJ said that he wanted to bring in a couple of new strikers and as far as I am concerned, that's exactly what he's done.

But we have no reason to doubt our egyptian friends, they have been spot on with everything else, for example Meteb playing in the Zamelek game.

Or confirm both deals at the same time.

Now that would be good PR...

That would be fantastic but highly unlikely...

It's no coincidence that Misfud has been snapped up only days after Meteb foolishly played on Sunday. I'm of the opinion we wouldn't of seen Mifsud if Meteb would of adhered to his agreement with City.

I'd be very happy to sign Mifsud - lots of pace and will score goals if played up front instead of wide.

I'd be happier to sign both Mifsud and Meteb though.

If the Meteb deal is off, who's going to be the other striker?

Funny that, Ive had the odd non-city mate saying we should sign Misfud too!

Dunno why all these rumblings of the Meteb deal going pear shaped. Last time I looked, he had passed a medical and was even photo'd with the shirt. The Arabs were a bit cheeky getting him to play, but no need to chuck the toys out, probably in our benefit as it keeps him sharp.

Until told otherwise by the club (and not these spurious sources) I refuse to beleive the deal is off

Until told otherwise by the club (and not these spurious sources) I refuse to beleive the deal is off

Ditto, but we can only hope.

Mifsud is actually smaller than LJ.

19 goals in 56 internationals. Not too disimilar to Meteb, and it's Malta not the African nations cup winning side.

For the first time (footballl wise) i'm excited this summer.

Ditto, but we can only hope.

Mifsud is actually smaller than LJ.

19 goals in 56 internationals. Not too disimilar to Meteb, and it's Malta not the African nations cup winning side.

For the first time (footballl wise) i'm excited this summer.

There is also an advantage of not having an African in your squad. That is they don't bugger off for 6 weeks half way through the season for Africa Cup of Nations.

You probably will be told, at the declaration of the Misfud signature.

that would disappoint me personally. after all the ifs and buts of the last month or so, the club telling us that Motæb isnt signing at the signing of mifsud would indicate that the club is trying to hide in the shadows of the Motæb scandal, and that would make me annoyed!

:disapointed2se:

If Meteb has signed a contract, surely we can't just cancel it?

Course you can if its been breached. Meteb playing for Al Ahly on Sunday night is a massive breach in my eyes. Johnson doesn't suffer fools lightly so I think Meteb is at a point of no return.

Johnson's reputation as a Manager is based on RESPECT in the dressing room.

There is no way Metab could come here following his cocking a snook at Johnson and BCFC.

yeah, but if some reports are to be believed then Motæb and his agent allegedly didnt know that they were doing anything wrong because of this "misunderstanding". then surely Motæb cannot be punished for this?

So far everthing has gone to plan we are getting two quality strikers that we wanted.

If everthing goes through i will be delighted :englandsmile4wf:

I guess some will only except the inevitable when it in back and white in front of them.

If I'm wrong and Meteb does sign I'll run naked around Ashton Gate....twice! Thats one for the ladies ;)

There is also an advantage of not having an African in your squad. That is they don't bugger off for 6 weeks half way through the season for Africa Cup of Nations.

And there's no cultural/language/faith any issues at all with Mifsud.

This is a much much less risky signing. We also know he won't set the Prem alight too, but i don't think the Egyptians will either.

17 goals in 47 games (7 sub) last season alot of the time on the wing. Played with Dele. Really can't see a downside to this deal.

-Surely we would've sent a representative to t'Egypt with Meteb to advise him not to play if he wasnt allowed to.

-Surely dialogue would have continued to the fact that he contractually shouldnt play and as the Arabs want the deal. Therefore agreement wouldnt have been jeoprdised. The agreement of whether he plays or not is between the reach of agents.

-And as mentioned, Mifsud will be the other striker that Gary has said that he wanted anyway.

Meteb and Mifsud.....mmmmm!

Guest Eamer

I doubt the Meteab deal is dead. He's signed etc. etc. and we've surely got to pay Ah Ahly what we've said. The whole Zamalek scenario makes it awkward but surely that game doesn't mean we will just be able to cancel the deal but instead we'd have to go through FIFA, courts etc. to get the money back which is just too much hassle and then makes Meteab a free agent.

I doubt the Meteab deal is dead. He's signed etc. etc. and we've surely got to pay Ah Ahly what we've said. The whole Zamalek scenario makes it awkward but surely that game doesn't mean we will just be able to cancel the deal but instead we'd have to go through FIFA, courts etc. to get the money back which is just too much hassle and then makes Meteab a free agent.

Until work permit had been granted no money will change hands.

Archived