IGNORED

Mifsud Offer Accepted

Guest Garfunkle

-Surely as Metab we would've sent a representative to t'Egypt with him to advise not to play if he wasnt allowed to.

-Surely dialogue would have continued to the fact that he contractually shouldnt play. The agreement of whether he plays or not is between the reach of agents.

-And as mentioned, Mifsud will be another striker that Gary has said that he wanted anyway

Meteb and Mifsud.....mmmmm!

tend to agree with your points mate. I'm trying to think of any reason why the deal is not deads that is all!!!

anyone for a red m & m ......get it?

:winner_third_h4h:

yeah, but if some reports are to be believed then Motæb and his agent allegedly didnt know that they were doing anything wrong because of this "misunderstanding". then surely Motæb cannot be punished for this?

Misunderstanding my arse.

They knew what they were doing, if there's any doubt then you keep ringing GJ, SL, CS whoever until you get an answer.

Of course, I could be wrong and the 3 people mentioned knew Meteb was playing - but I doubt it.

Lets get Mifsud and move on.

I don't see the problem to be honest... ok emad was wrong to play in the ahly game however he dint get injured and I'm sure GJ will not let a deal like this slip threw his hands because of one miunderstanding.

We said we were going to sign two strikers and we almost have everthing is going to plan from what i can see.

Johnson's reputation as a Manager is based on RESPECT in the dressing room.

There is no way Metab could come here following his cocking a snook at Johnson and BCFC.

Statements and opinions like yours makes it very easy for City to come out and say "We've decided not to sign Meteb because......"

Personally, I'd love to see Meteb run out in a City shirt AND Mifsud pulling on the red and white. Signings like these will show exactly what targets BCFC are setting this season!

Guest Eamer
Until work permit had been granted no money will change hands.

Dong Fangzhou couldn't get a work permit for Manchester United for years but was still considered a United player and they instead loaned him out to Antwerp. He was a Manchester United player before a work permit was granted...

The deal was subject to getting a work permit - if we don't apply for one then we won't get one, therefore deal will be off!! Al Ahly could not have given the registration details over to apply because they surely would be fined / deducted points by their league for fielding an unregistered player.

Great news IMO - at the very least the actions meant the business was riskier than first thought.

I don't see the problem to be honest... ok emad was wrong to play in the ahly game however he dint get injured and I'm sure GJ will not let a deal like this slip threw his hands because of one miunderstanding.

We said we were going to sign two strikers and we almost have everthing is going to plan from what i can see.

Thats the point-Alhy and the agents have dicked city about from day one, if you remember Johnson even set a dead line for the deal to be complete which Alhy missed, Johnson unusually extended the completion date which I think show s how badly Johnson wanted him in the squad.

Point being this wasn't the firt time that City had been disrespected in the whole Meteb saga....Like I say, Sunday was possibly the final straw and enough was enough. No footballer is worth this amount of BS!

Dong Fangzhou couldn't get a work permit for Manchester United for years but was still considered a United player and they instead loaned him out to Antwerp. He was a Manchester United player before a work permit was granted...

The difference being that ManUre entered into that knowing he couldn't get a work permit and intending to loan him out same as Vela at Arsenal.

BCFC had no intention of doing that and would have made any contracts signed dependent on the permit.

he might be played on the right wing

helping the meteb deal still to go through hopefully

He was played out wide and hated it apprentaly from Coventry fans, so I do doubt it.Although one thing for sure if really does want to move obviously because of trasnfer request but also he was stuck on the bench most of the season apprentaly from 606 cov forum.I think he'll be a great signing and well if he can do well with Dele what about with brooker?

For those who think this is replacement, GJ says Meteb is my number one man I wnated so GJ all happy just the permit to come through then I think he goes for another target Maynard/tyson but then goes for mifsud and then as he istrying to do this meteb deal goes a bit sour however until on the OS it says the deal off I'm not believing any the million and one rumors!

Motæb and his agent allegedly didnt know that they were doing anything wrong

Come on - wake up and smell the coffee

Of course they knew - but they're obviously going to try and pretend it was all a misunderstanding & blame someone else.

They all knew GJ didn't want him played, but they decided that they wanted to play Emad & he agreed - and thought that Gary & BCFC would just have to have to accept it.

But it looks like we havn't,

Ashton Gate dressing room Rule no: 1

Don't phukk with Gary

Personally I think Mifsud is less of a gamble, he's already played and scored at CCC level

CR

Although this could mean Meteb deal is dead I don't see that as necessarily the case. Most clubs work with 5 strikers, we released two this summer. We only really have Adebola, Brooker, Trundle. Room for two more - Meteb and Mifsud.

Goals were clearly a problem for us last season so if we replace two of our weaker strikers (Enough and Byfield) with two better ones then that sounds like a great plan.

Further more I see it as logical to have two smaller box players (Meteb and Mifsud) competing with each other and two bigger men (Adebola and Brooker [not tall but we know the kind of player he is so you get my point]) and Trundle being somewhere between the two and could partner big men or box players.

While some may argue that there's no way we'd pay for 2 expensive strikers to compete with each other (on top of Trundle) I think we need to realise that despite last season's heroics with a cheap team, this is the kind of money we're talking about at the top end of this division. Teams do buy players for £1-1.5m and expect them to compete with other £1m+ players.

Of course they knew - but they're obviously going to try and pretend it was all a misunderstanding & blame someone else.

They all knew GJ didn't want him played, but they decided that they wanted to play Emad & he agreed - and thought that Gary & BCFC would just have to have to accept it.

Don't phukk with Gary

Personally I think Mifsud is less of a gamble, he's already played and scored at CCC level

CR

yep, they've cocked up majorly there!!!

i did say "according to reports" in my post. this doesnt mean that it is my view on the saga.

but what the hell, lets welcome mifsud with open arms!!!

:winner_third_h4h:

didn't i read somewhere that GJ had responded to Emad's appearance sunday "get him here quick away from his irresponsible club". Once he is here and fuly signed up we can no doubt expect the same unswerving loyalty to the club and the fans that he has shown at Al Alhy. He has been there since he was 12 and was no doubt put under some pressure by his club to play- understandable that he agreed to do so. Lets not lose a great striker to save a litle pride - once he is here he is ours and he will follow our club's instructions and hopeful be a cracking bargain buy- he has alredy passed the GJ personlity test with flying colours so let's hope that this does not all collapse because the guy found himself caught between a rock and a hard place with confused & poor advice.

Note the the EP says Gary wants a big centre forward also. That comes as a bit of a surprise. Where does that leave Steve Brooker?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Brist...il/article.html

I hope they're wrong, they usually are and the fact that both the strikers we've been after aren't in that vein gives me hope.

We absolutely don't need another big un up front for crying out loud. We need (and needed all last season) pace and a poacher to attack the ball in the box.

Note the the EP says Gary wants a big centre forward also. That comes as a bit of a surprise. Where does that leave Steve Brooker?

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/sport/Brist...il/article.html

i would imagine that would leave brooker out in the cold.

who could the competition for adebola be? another foriegn signing? or will gj have learnt his leasson from Motæb?

because someone like maynard does not seem to be a big target man!!!

Don't phukk with Gary

CR

Can we make that rule on here aswell - cos I get tired of people questioning magic johnson??

wow! thats some good scoring I knew he was good but taking it on nearly every time and the deft touch he scored with!Yes he had a bad record come last bit of the season but GJ can work his magic I'm sure!

I don't believe the Meteb deal is dead... Johnson said he wanted two strikers and that is what he has now got.

Chill out people, in GJ we trust.

p.s can we now stop moaning about his alleged inability to find a decent striker??? We've got two that are quality!!

:Believe: :goingup:

didn't i read somewhere that GJ had responded to Emad's appearance sunday "get him here quick away from his irresponsible club". Once he is here and fuly signed up we can no doubt expect the same unswerving loyalty to the club and the fans that he has shown at Al Alhy. He has been there since he was 12 and was no doubt put under some pressure by his club to play- understandable that he agreed to do so. Lets not lose a great striker to save a litle pride - once he is here he is ours and he will follow our club's instructions and hopeful be a cracking bargain buy- he has alredy passed the GJ personlity test with flying colours so let's hope that this does not all collapse because the guy found himself caught between a rock and a hard place with confused & poor advice.

well someone on here said something about al alhy as a "disney club"!! they have been taking the mickey...mouse!!!

:innocent06:

I don't believe the Meteb deal is dead... Johnson said he wanted two strikers and that is what he has now got.

Chill out people, in GJ we trust.

p.s can we now stop moaning about his alleged inability to find a decent striker??? We've got two that are quality!!

:Believe: :goingup:

Possibly...

Cue the arrival of all of the football supporters from Malta. This place is turning into the UN.

Will the welcoming committee form an orderly line please ...

So having made the Aussies annoyed, making Egyptians irate, it looks like we are aiming to make the Maltese cross!

Coats on and I'm out the door..

Archived