IGNORED

City Set To Make Statment Today Regarding Meteb

gary cornes

This has come from my mate how works around the corner from AG. There are rumours that GJ is going to make a statment about Meteb today. rumours saying Mifsud is the replacement for Meteb.

I hope GJ keeps him I really do. don't think 4 is enough and don't think we will sign anyone else like meteb or close to what he can do

CAn you really see Adebloa being one of our first teams players week in week out. I cant. nor Trundle in all fairness so where will it leave us ?

This has come from my mate how works around the corner from AG. There are rumours that GJ is going to make a statment about Meteb today. rumours saying Mifsud is the replacement for Meteb.

I hope GJ keeps him I really do. don't think 4 is enough and don't think we will sign anyone else like meteb or close to what he can do

CAn you really see Adebloa being one of our first teams players week in week out. I cant. nor Trundle in all fairness so where will it leave us ?

i just herd from a freind that city will not be signing Emad but we will be signing Mifsud

hope hes wrong and we get both :fingerscrossed:

Just wait for the announcement.

If you seriously don't mind Metab signing for us after he blatantly disobeyed orders then theres something wrong.

I don't want him and neither does GJ, quite rightly.

How his agent can come out and say its a misunderstanding is beyond me.

Hopefully we can now delete the 3 million threads about him too.

Anyway hope no one has his name on the back of their shirts!! haha!

It leaves us with the chairman and manager doing what's best for the club. We don't know all the facts. And from what I guess nor do they regarding this deal. But they do know more than us and they both have more to gain or lose, not just financially, than any of us. So just let them get on with what they are good at and support them and the Bristol City players who want to play for us for the right reasons.

The statement will be simple, weve signed Mifsud (if terms/medical passed) and the Emad deal is dead.

WDP and Radio Bristol have both said this morning that if the Mifsud deal goes through then the Emad deal is off.

The phrase used with Emad was that it was a "point of prinicple" that the deal would fall through. They said that City has "explicitly stated" that Emad was not to play in the game but then did and that GJ would not want to lose any respect in the dressing room by still going through with the signing.

Personally I don't care one way or the other on Mifsud, Emad or both - but I do believe in Johnson.

One Team

I'm amazed some still see this as a 50/50 situation. The deal was dead as soon as he set foot on to the pitch on Sunday night against the wishes of our club, Johnson isn't going to employ someone who disobeys him from the off, it would go against all the hard word he's already done in our dressing room and we all know how important Johnson takes a happy, together dressing room all singing from the same hym sheet .

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if he still signed..... 99 chances in a 100 it won't happen.

Just to add the one thing that does concern me is we could still start next season without any new strikers, that would be so ironic after spending the whole of the close season walking like an Egyption! :disapointed2se:

Not suprising that Meteb wont be coming. Once he stepped on the pitch and ignored GJ's clear statement that he was not to play then the transfer was dead. GJ's squad is built on trust and he shouldnt comprimise this for anyone regardless how good they are.

If you seriously don't mind Metab signing for us after he blatantly disobeyed orders then theres something wrong.

Have you spoken to GJ and confirmed this mate cause i think you will find thats why everyone is on about it cause no one knows whats going on

According to good old Arny on another forum the Meteb deal is over and Mifsud will sign today

He also says price is 700k made up of lots of stuff - 300k up front and rest add ons

Seems a very good price to me with plenty left over in bank for other signings .... if any more plates are spinning!

Have you spoken to GJ and confirmed this mate cause i think you will find thats why everyone is on about it cause no one knows whats going on

We already know whats going on! Meteb was told not to play and he did, now we await the verdict form the club but anyone who understands Johnson passion for team menality will know he wil not take on a selfish brat who puts himself before Bristol City.

What Meteb did goes against the ethos of what Johnson has built.

According to good old Arny on another forum the Meteb deal is over and Mifsud will sign today

He also says price is 700k made up of lots of stuff - 300k up front and rest add ons

Seems a very good price to me with plenty left over in bank for other signings .... if any more plates are spinning!

That's a steal if it's true; on the 1% chance the Meteb deal is still on we could just about afford one more without being seen as spending big. Once all this toss is over we can afford to shore up the defence - regardless of who comes today that's something we will have to do before January.

This is my first and last post on the subject.

A lot of people are blaming Meteb and/or his advisors, when I think the crux of the matter is whether or not his registration with the egyptian club was cancelled at the time he played. It it was, they were fielding an illegal player.

If the club didn't cancel his registration, then he has no alternative but to turn out for them - he is still theoretically their player.

If there is any finger-pointing to be done, I believe it should be at his club, not the player.

Personally, I'm not really concerned either way whether the deal goes through, as long as Johnson realises that, at this moment in time, we are a long way of having a good enough squad for the new season with only a couple of weeks to go.

Vital football reckons the deal is £1.5m and he may not be able to play against Coventry...

http://www.coventry.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=116797

:noexpression:

please see the reply to your message by someone else above.

if you don't understand how Gary Johnson and our club works then thats your call.

Seems pretty straight forward to me...mate.

Seems most people understand on here though!

'Blatantly disobeyed orders'?? This is a football club, not Dad's Army.

The club should be mature enough to be able to deal with this. It is utterly trivial compared to the difficulties that we would face if we made it to the Premier League. Johnson should be skilled enough as a manager to handle this situation and still have the player here. The suggestion that the deal might be called off just proves how far we still have to go in terms of maturity as a club and our ability to compete with the big boys. One misunderstanding and a player is sacked? Pathetic!!

Why does everyone seem to think Mifsud is a replacement for Meteb?

I'm also bit concerned that Mifsud might not be the answer to our striker dilemma - following comments from Cov fan on Football Forum

Take him.

He only scored one league goal from December onwards, and was completely anonymous for vast periods of that time.

Don't get me wrong, Mifsud has flashes of brilliance at times, but his finishing is piss poor. He'll probably be a fan's favourite but he'll never quite fulfill what is hoped of him.

QUOTE (TomF @ Jul 23 2008, 4:09 PM)

That might be because he was playing in a poor(ish) side (no offence intended) and maybe because he lost his striking partner Dele?

I'm not just saying this, but he was god awful. He went a few games without a goal then completely lost his confidence, started trying too hard and doing things he wouldn't usually, and was eventually dropped. He's never been first choice under Coleman, so despite what he may be saying, I doubt he's too many bones with letting him go in the circumstance.

Also he only scored 11 league goals

OK 11 goals in a poor side is better than any of our strikers last season and he will be re-newing his partnership with Dele but still have my doubts!

Lets be sure about one thing. GJ cannot be seen to be losing face, weak or backing down to a player or club.

Premier League boardrooms will be watching how he handles himself on this international matter with great interest. GJ wants to be a Premier League manager and he cannot afford to be seen as weak kneed or indecisive.

The longer this charade goes on, the worse he looks. Can you imagine a certain Man U manager allowing this to happen ? No way !

If there is any finger-pointing to be done, I believe it should be at his club, not the player.

I agree el ahly take part of the blame but how you can say Meteb is the innocent party in all of this is wrong. Meteb agreed with Johnson not to play on Sunday, no one held a gun to his head and it appears from the reports coming out of Egypt that Meteb was more than happy to make one final appearance.

I'm sorry but Meteb has to take equal resposibility with el ahly, he's a grown man and knew what he was doing was the complete oposite of what he'd agreed with Lansdown and Johnson.

'Blatantly disobeyed orders'?? This is a football club, not Dad's Army.

The club should be mature enough to be able to deal with this. It is utterly trivial compared to the difficulties that we would face if we made it to the Premier League. Johnson should be skilled enough as a manager to handle this situation and still have the player here. The suggestion that the deal might be called off just proves how far we still have to go in terms of maturity as a club and our ability to compete with the big boys. One misunderstanding and a player is sacked? Pathetic!!

---------------------------

Were not in the premier league though, are we.

The mifsud deal came about as this one faltered, they see the mifsud deal as a replacement deal without the hassles.

Cant quite understand how we are to blame in all this, guess we now know why we tried to keep the deal under wraps for so long.

Id rather have Mifsud anyway.

Lets be sure about one thing. GJ cannot be seen to be losing face, weak or backing down to a player or club.

Premier League boardrooms will be watching how he handles himself on this international matter with great interest. GJ wants to be a Premier League manager and he cannot afford to be seen as weak kneed or indecisive.

The longer this charade goes on, the worse he looks. Can you imagine a certain Man U manager allowing this to happen ? No way !

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense! Johnston can only come out of this stronger if he deals with it professionally and takes the player anyway. That would be a sign of strength. Stamping your feet like Captain Mainwaring and cancelling the deal will only make him look weak and rather pathetic.

I can't imagine that Premier League boardrooms are the slightest bit interested in this.

No, I can't imagine Man Utd allowing the present situation to happen. They would not have allowed the situation to arise in the first place - they would probably have had a club official stuck to the player's side from the moment the deal was agreed to the moment he is fully signed up. Make no mistake, it is Bristol City who will come out of this looking stupid. We have the chance to complete one of the most important signings in the club's history, and it is in jeopardy because Gary Johnston cannot manage his way out of a storm in a teacup. All managers have to face this sort of situation, and the answer is not to sack the player. The club needs to grow up very quickly if you ask me.

---------------------------

Were not in the premier league though, are we.

The mifsud deal came about as this one faltered, they see the mifsud deal as a replacement deal without the hassles.

Cant quite understand how we are to blame in all this, guess we now know why we tried to keep the deal under wraps for so long.

Id rather have Mifsud anyway.

same here id rather have Mifsud than Emad Meteb

Mifsud has the same ability as Emad cost less and deal is almost done alot qiker to :clapping:

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense! Johnston can only come out of this stronger if he deals with it professionally and takes the player anyway. That would be a sign of strength. Stamping your feet like Captain Mainwaring and cancelling the deal will only make him look weak and rather pathetic.

I can't imagine that Premier League boardrooms are the slightest bit interested in this.

No, I can't imagine Man Utd allowing the present situation to happen. They would not have allowed the situation to arise in the first place - they would probably have had a club official stuck to the player's side from the moment the deal was agreed to the moment he is fully signed up. Make no mistake, it is Bristol City who will come out of this looking stupid. We have the chance to complete one of the most important signings in the club's history, and it is in jeopardy because Gary Johnston cannot manage his way out of a storm in a teacup. All managers have to face this sort of situation, and the answer is not to sack the player. The club needs to grow up very quickly if you ask me.

Again find myself agreeing with this side of argument - come on GJ swallow your pride!

Archived