IGNORED

City Set To Make Statment Today Regarding Meteb

gary cornes

First things first - OS has just been updated and there's clearly more important matters - "Discounted hospitality available" !!!!!!

Yep and plugging the Fantasy Football team, wish they will tell me about Emad, it's disrupting my Fantasy team, I signed him last week and as a manager I don't know where I stand.

This is my first and last post on the subject.

A lot of people are blaming Meteb and/or his advisors, when I think the crux of the matter is whether or not his registration with the egyptian club was cancelled at the time he played. It it was, they were fielding an illegal player.

If the club didn't cancel his registration, then he has no alternative but to turn out for them - he is still theoretically their player.

If there is any finger-pointing to be done, I believe it should be at his club, not the player.

Personally, I'm not really concerned either way whether the deal goes through, as long as Johnson realises that, at this moment in time, we are a long way of having a good enough squad for the new season with only a couple of weeks to go.

I am inclined to agree with simply red...If the Egyption Club held the players registration regardless if he (the player) had a contract to play for us, the player is then put in a very difficult position...Making GJ's/City's statements to the player himself about not playing irrelevant.

The problem clearly sits with the Egyption club who having agreed a deal then played a player who could have got injured...Imagine if he had the Egyption club would have then said ahh but yes you bought the player so the guy with the broken leg is yours...

It would be great if the deal could still go through as I don't blame the player under these circumstances...Just imagime..If the Egyption club had said we wont release your registration unless you turn out for us...Probably not the case but who knows...Perhaps FIFA should take a look at what has gone on here...And they probably will

I can't believe GJ / Bcfc are getting stick over this.

If you paid a fortune for a brand new car and signed the papers etc and you found out that before you picked it up, someone had driven it for a day.....what would you do ????? I would rip up the paperwork as it is no longer the same condition that you signed to buy. It is a matter of princible.

If you paid a fortune for a brand new car and signed the papers etc and you found out that before you picked it up, someone had driven it for a day.....what would you do ????? I would rip up the paperwork as it is no longer the same condition that you signed to buy. It is a matter of princible.

I'm not sure you can compare Meteb (25 yrs old, x hundred appearances) with a brand new car!! Its more like you'd bought a secondhand one with 50000 miles on the clock, and then found that while waiting for the cheque to clear the seller did another 50 mile trip. I'm not sure you'd rip up the paperwork in and throw a hissy fit in those circumstances??!!

And I can't believe I'm getting into comparisons like this - come on City , sort it out!!!

So like, wheres this statement to?

No news is good news imo, if the deal was dead we would have certainly been told. One can only assume there are negotiations behind the scene to resolve it.

Ahh well looks like Friday then till we get more info. :kiddie:

This might all be another conspiracy to "out" a mole !

On the other hand I don't think the idea that GJ & SL are a little apart on how to resolve this is as stupid as it sounds...

They both spent a lot of time chatting to each other in the stand at Hereford on Tues night

Not saying they wouldn't have normaly spent a long time chatting anyway - but it was clear they were in deep discussions about "things" BCFC

I think the 'stick' the club are getting is due to the shocking PR and not keeping the fans informed.

They don't HAVE to tell us anything if they don't want to.

People are getting far too impatient, does it really matter? There are so many scenarios we may as well wait and see, the press is doing enough speculating to suggest the deal is dead...I wouldn't take that as gospel but it does seem likely. Too many of us are trying to have our cake and eat it...I say that, some are trying to have both.

There's not exactly much we can do...the club will keep us informed when something concrete has happened.

I'm not sure you can compare Meteb (25 yrs old, x hundred appearances) with a brand new car!! Its more like you'd bought a secondhand one with 50000 miles on the clock, and then found that while waiting for the cheque to clear the seller did another 50 mile trip. I'm not sure you'd rip up the paperwork in and throw a hissy fit in those circumstances??!!

And I can't believe I'm getting into comparisons like this - come on City , sort it out!!!

You would if you were spending £1.5m on it ;)

The question is what papers, if any, are signed? If you liked the look of the car, agreed with the garage how much it would cost and then told all your mates it was yours before buying it, when you went back the following week to sign the papers and pay up and found out that the car had been out on a number of test drives while the garage still owned it would you lose all interest in it?

Anyone else think that the longer this goes on, the more likely Metab is to sign for us. Surely if the club were going to call it a day on the Metab transfer it would not take 3 working days to announce a statement on it. I get the impression work is going on to try and finish of the deal before any more trouble can be made.

Anyone else think that the longer this goes on, the more likely Metab is to sign for us. Surely if the club were going to call it a day on the Metab transfer it would not take 3 working days to announce a statement on it. I get the impression work is going on to try and finish of the deal before any more trouble can be made.

Sadly no. I think the club are quite cynically saying nothing until we sign someone else and this will be buried as bad news under the GJ interview, the player interview etc etc. Would love to be wrong though.

Yeah good point...why does everybody feel City should continuously update the fans? especially given the reaction on here to any kind of comment from the club.

What is the point saying anything until things are confirmed? if they updated all the time then people would moan that the club are telling us things that don't work out at the end of the line.

Basically I know it is hard, but what I am saying is, lets just have a little bit of calm and wait for an official announcement from the club. I am sure we will know in the near future.

now I am going back to bitching and moaning and holding my phone just in case I miss an official text! blimey how did I get to the stage where City can effect my life even out of season!

The question is what papers, if any, are signed? If you liked the look of the car, agreed with the garage how much it would cost and then told all your mates it was yours before buying it, when you went back the following week to sign the papers and pay up and found out that the car had been out on a number of test drives while the garage still owned it would you lose all interest in it?

Yes because the garage had taken the p**s out of me so no deal

if gj was confident that metab could get 20 odd goals next season to fire us to

promotion i reckon he'd sign him.

the whole on/off on/off transfer has been a mess,can't say i'm dissapointed

because he was unproven.all i know is we still haven't got a proven goalscorer

Guest Bristol City  93

I agree, and until the club say differently, I believe he will still come :fingerscrossed:

Wow. So you think the car is a bargain at the price, it is in no worse condition than it was last week, and you let it go because you can't get past the fact someone you are never going to deal with again might have taken the p**s. I'd take the car, enjoy every minute of driving it and put the spat with the garage down to experience.

Yeah but you might have told the car not to leave the forecourt. But the car may have been dishonest and done it anyway. Or maybe the dealer could have told him you changed your mind and you okay'ed it.

If thats the case just punish the car and let the car know if the car ever does it again there will be hell to pay.

BUT if you liked the car enough I'm sure you would have doubts about leaving it after all the time you had spent looking at it! You'd be angry and rightly so. Id ask for abit of the price off and another service but would not loose intrest! :icecream:

Yeah but you might have told the car not to leave the forecourt. But the car may have been dishonest and done it anyway. Or maybe the dealer could have told him you changed your mind and you okay'ed it.

If thats the case just punish the car and let the car know if the car ever does it again there will be hell to pay.

:argh: it felt like the metaphor was reaching breaking point and there it went....

:laugh:, thats why Bristol city isn't in the premier league!! You are lacking professionalism and flexibility.

the meteb deal is only a misunderstanding between the two clubs.

It doesn't matter where meteb goes.... he will always be the best.

No - the misunderstanding here is on the part of both egyptian clubs, who seem to think that the rest of the world give a **** about their local rivalry, and will put everything on hold whilst they have their derby matches. Matches like these are played all over the world and not allowed to interfere with the normal workings of the transfer market - what makes egypt so bl00dy special???? Expecting people to attach great importance to honour and respect is fine - but not worth anything unless you are able to offer the same to those people with whom you come into contact. If you are not able to do this, you become simply arrogant !!

There are many reasons why we're not in the Premier League yet (aside from the bleached-whale!) - but you haven't nailed them.

thanks for the link, gotta say, well written article :noexpression:

Come on you should know your Arabic by now, I posted the translation on other thread here it is again.

Exposure striker Emad Meteb first team football eligibility for muscle strain injuries in the background during his participation in women's collective group this morning, causing him to leave in mid be constructive to see the medical apparatus, led by Dr. Ihab fear of exacerbating the injury and treatment programme has to return to the exercises in the collective Women of tomorrow ..

The tired, have participated in training after returning from the collective comfort negative obtained the permission of the technical staff during the past two days after his participation in a meeting last Zamalek ..

Still none the wiser? nor me..

Archived