IGNORED

City Set To Make Statment Today Regarding Meteb

gary cornes

I will definatley be one of them!

my mate who has a mate was told by his mate that his mate was told by his mate that his brother sat next to a guy on a plane coming back from India that his brother has a mate who plays that indian game I cannot remember the name of with a mate who's father runs a clothing business in calcutta or whatever dreadful new spelling sensation they have given it and anyway, this clothing business makes a lot of Puma shirts included in which is Bristol City shirts. Now he says, but do not quote me on this, but he says that he positively identified a bunch of shirts in the sewing room with Meteob on the back. They were in red and he said they were heading for London via Air India.

Now, this could be for the Ahly Supporters Club in Southall but on the other hand they could be City shirts. I guess a bit of digging around and you could find out if Ahly use Puma shirts or not and if not Meteb could be coming or at least his shirts are.

:noexpression: Of course the darker side of all this could mean he is off to play for the Arsenal or Man U or some other 'in red' team who play with Puma.

All getting rather fun what?! :tumbleweed::mf_sleep:

I don't see how everyone keeps saying the Metaeb deal is dead. There has been NO official statement, just speculation from newspapers. I only believe stuff from BCFC and all they have told us is that he is a Bristol City player, nothing else.

bang on. what i have been saying all along. glad to find another like minded voice.

i do not deal in rumours, only facts.

just out of interest, and this is one of the last things I'm going to say on this until there is an announcment, but...

if mateb hadnt of played in 'that match', we wouldnt be expecting any news until we had got his work permit. so surely this is still the case?

That's what I am starting to think. If the deal was off I guess we would have heard something by now. I'm thinking Sunday could be a very exciting day in the DEH.

That's what I am starting to think. If the deal was off I guess we would have heard something by now. I'm thinking Sunday could be a very exciting day in the DEH.

I've been away from the internet, the forum and the news for the last week, but was sort of kept informed of the situation.I haven't trawled through the other 1000+ posts on various threads about this but neverthess I am going to put in my twopennys worth.

Having spent four years working in the arab world this doesn't surprise me......He has decided that it is gods will (Insh'allah) that he should play in his farewell match and that he will pick up the pieces afterwards.... Or rather get his agent to do so.

Not expecting GJ's strong reaction.

Another big thing in the Arabic culture is "saving face" which is why the apology from him is I believe a very big step (maybe GJ has laid down the law to him!!) The only person saving face would be Johnson...

I reckon that Sunday will see the new two new strikers we are all craving

Sorry if I have repeated other posts but just wanted to put down my thoughts

bang on. what i have been saying all along. glad to find another like minded voice.

i do not deal in rumours, only facts.

So now we have something OFFICIAL on the BCFC web site. The first time we have seen something since Meteb was unveiled as a City player having SIGNED a deal and here are the remarks from Gary J you have all seen no doubt but it is worth picking the pertinent sentence out:-

Of Meteb, Gary said: "All I can say is when something's decided we shall let people know. At this moment in time there's nothing we can report."

So, we have gone from official signing one week ago to this with nothing in between. As ITALIAN DAVE has pointed out we may now have a potential PR challenge. Bizarre is not half of it.

signed on a 3 yr deal to.... WHEN SOMETHING IS DECIDED.... what on earth could Gary J mean by that I wonder?????

Guest MaloneFM
Of Meteb, Gary said: "All I can say is when something's decided we shall let people know. At this moment in time there's nothing we can report."

Reading the chicken bones and the tea leaves we have got us a bit of a power stuggle going on here. Gaz is not at all happy with being buggered about. Sir Steve Purdown wants him, but Gaz has to work with him. And treat him as a squad player and not Charlie Big Potatoes.

I don't think for a minute he will walk out because of it...but Wardy would have, Tiny Penis would have, Jordan would have been less than pleased.....

Reading the chicken bones and the tea leaves we have got us a bit of a power stuggle going on here. Gaz is not at all happy with being buggered about. Sir Steve Purdown wants him, but Gaz has to work with him. And treat him as a squad player and not Charlie Big Potatoes.

I don't think for a minute he will walk out because of it...but Wardy would have, Tiny Penis would have, Jordan would have been less than pleased.....

an interesting take on it squire.

We signed him on a 3 year deal subject to recieving a work permit.

As the work permit has yet to be decided, then there wouldn't be any news to report on the deal.

It's just a case of wait and see, after all, this player was our number 1 target of the summer, we surely aren't about to throw away many weeks of time and negotiating in a flash. I have confidence that this deal wil be finalised at the right time, we may be waiting at least another week yet.

Guest DR DICKNOSE
Been saying that all along uncle.

Two factions at the gate on this one and they could fall out over it.

But it's probably too late now and GJ will win the day.

Gj will always win. :fingerscrossed:

We signed him on a 3 year deal subject to recieving a work permit.

As the work permit has yet to be decided, then there wouldn't be any news to report on the deal.

It's just a case of wait and see, after all, this player was our number 1 target of the summer, we surely aren't about to throw away many weeks of time and negotiating in a flash. I have confidence that this deal wil be finalised at the right time, we may be waiting at least another week yet.

from, head, sand, remove

from, head, sand, remove

We shall see Terry.

Do yourself a favour in the meantime, get your head out of your arse and see the bigger picture, life will go on with or without Meteab. What a pointless thing to be stressing over.

Anyone would think the end of the world is nigh the way you and a few others have behaved this summer over signings.

Archived