IGNORED

Meteb Apologized...probable Some Good News

matar

from egyptian forum

ينتظر عماد متعب، مهاجم الفريق الكروي الأول بالنادي الأهلي، الرد النهائي من مسؤولي نادي بريستول سيتي الإنجليزي بشأن اتمام التعاقد معه أو صرف النظر بشكل نهائي عن ضمه بعد مخالفته تعليمات جاري جونسون، المدير الفني للفريق الإنجليزي

وكان متعب قد أرسل أمس الأول خطاباً رسمياً للنادي الإنجليزي يقدم فيه اعتذاراً مكتوباً عن تصرفه بالمشاركة في مباراة القمة الأفريقية علي غير رغبة المدير الفني.

ومن جانبه، أكد محمد حميد، مندوب الشركة الإنجليزية الوسيطة في إتمام الصفقة، أن الأمور بدأت تتحسن تدريجياً بعد اعتذار متعب وربما تشهد الساعات القليلة المقبلة انفراجة في تلك الأزمة الطارئة، مؤكداً أن متعب أخطأ خطأً جسيماً عندما شارك في مباراة الزمالك، خاصة أن جونسون كان قد اجتمع به في إنجلترا عقب اجتيازه الكشف الطبي.

وقال له الآتي: «من خلال متابعتي لقائمة اللاعبين الخاصة بمباريات النادي الأهلي وجدت أنك شاركت في عدد كبير من المباريات، هذا بخلاف مشاركتك مع المنتخب الوطني، وإزاء ذلك أمامك ثلاثة اختيارات، أولها أن تسافر لمعسكر بريستول بالبرتغال، أو أن تبقي بإنجلترا لقضاء إجازة خاصة، أو أن تعود إلي مصر، ولكن بشرط أن تختفي تماماً عن الأنظار والضغط الجماهيري حتي لا تشتت ذهنك قبل انضمامك إلي فريقك الجديد».

وأوضح حميد أن جونسون رفض بشدة فكرة مشاركة متعب في مباراة الزمالك، بل إنه قام بالتقدم باعتذار رسمي للنادي الأهلي عبر الموقع الرسمي لبريستول، وفي القناة الفضائية الخاصة به عن عدم موافقته علي مشاركة متعب في تلك المباراة.

وأضاف حميد: بمجرد أن رأي متعب يشارك في المباراة اعتبر الأمر عدم وجود ثقة بينه وبين اللاعب، وأن هذا الأمر في أوروبا يعد أمراً خطيراً.

وحول عدم إلزام النادي بشروط جزائية إذا تراجع نهائياً عن تعاقده مع اللاعب، أشار حميد إلي أن متعب وقع علي عقد ابتدائي، وكان في طريقه للتحويل إلي عقد رسمي، وبالفعل قام اللاعب بتوقيع عقد مع بريستول ثم وقع النادي الأهلي علي عقد ثنائي مع نظيره الإنجليزي.

وبقيت النقطة الثالثة الأخيرة والأهم وهي نسبة مشاركات اللاعب مع المنتخب، والمعني بها اتحاد الكرة الذي تمت مخاطبته ثلاث مرات وحتي الآن لم يرسلها لدرجة أننا قمنا بالاتصال الهاتفي لأكثر من مرة بإداري المنتخب لإنهاء الأمر.

Meteb is awaiting the final answer from city officials today, Meteb sent an official reply the day before yesterday apologizing about playing againist Zamalek, againist Johnsons well, while Mohammed Hameed from the English company that things is detting better, and the next few hours might see good news...he said it was a big mistake from Meteb when he played, Johnson told Meteb when he met hem in Bristol: you have three options: 1. join the team to Portugal, 2. stay in UK on holiday or3. go back to Egypt but disappear to reduce the pressure on you. Hameed said Johnson strongly opposed Meteb playing in the cup, he even apologized to Al-Ahli for not being able to let MEteb play.

Hameed said Meteb's play was considered as mistrust between hem (GJ) and the player, which is something very dangerous in europe!!

I hope he still comes and GJ can build a trust. I had a good feeling about him as a player, although i had a bad feeling about the transfer as a whole. Hopefully theres a 'happy' ending!

so do i, smiles all round...

i must admit it seems to have gone all quiet on the egyptian friend front... where are they all? :dunno:

The problem is that he went ahead and played after being categorically asked not to play.

He does it, then apologises.

I'm afraid that won't be enough for GJ as he could do something else then apologise.

If he becomes our player, it'll be for other reasons than an apology.

And, once again, this info is from a forum and isn't anything official - unless you know otherwise.

It depends how much he was to blame, whoever is acting on our behalf out there seems to either be up to something or is just happened to have one of thos days where it all went a bit wrong and ended up with Meteb believing he could play.

I don't think it will make much difference as long as Gj believes he is sincere, i'm sure getting nicked and being sent down for a bit would by some managers be considered about the highest level of disrespect there can be, yet he forgave that one for Brooker, and the incident has hardly held Bradders back has it ?

Yes he has his things he likes, but Gj is all about second chances, how many players over his time here and at other clubs has he pulled back in from the wilderness, Elliot was a trouble maker who nobody wanted, yet Gj gave him the chance to proove everyone wrong.

I would go as far as to argue that an apology goes further with Gj if he thinks you mean it and are prepaired to work to make it all worth while than it would with most other managers. The thing is Meteb could have come out and said it wasn't his fault and that he was mislead and not actually appologise as it would seem he's done nothing wrong, as far as he knew the situation had changed and he could play. He hasn't he's apologised and said that he meant no harm by it, yes he's said he was mislead but doesn't seem to have bleated on about it, he's been a man accepted his c**k up and said sorry, i reckon that would go further with GJ than anything else his club could have said or done.

If true I really can't see it making a difference. I'm sure GJ made his mind up what was going to happen a few days ago and is just thinking it through to make sure he has made the right decision.

If that means he is signing or we are pulling the plug only people inside BCFC know.

I'm sure it will all become clear before Sunday as SL would want to concentrate on other things non Emad related.

The problem is that he went ahead and played after being categorically asked not to play.

He does it, then apologises.

I'm afraid that won't be enough for GJ as he could do something else then apologise.

If he becomes our player, it'll be for other reasons than an apology.

And, once again, this info is from a forum and isn't anything official - unless you know otherwise.

On what basis do you summise that he could `do something else`. The guy is guilty of playing a football match, it`s not a capital crime. IF he has made a personal apology and shown a desire to complete the move then the ball has very definitely been placed in GJs court. After all the work thats been put into this deal and everything thats been said about this guy by GJ then surely the deal has to go ahead. This is potentially the biggest deal in the clubs history and IMO for too good a player for it to be passed on. We still don`t, and probably never will, know all the facts about him turning out last sunday.

I want to see Meteb at the Gate this season and i still believe it can happen.

PDG

I read earlier that GJ was away on a scouting mission,Or could he be away in Egypt trying to sort out this mess.Chatting to a guy who has very close links to the club and i asked if Mifsud was a direct replacement for Meteb and he said no, he was an additional signing.But the meteb deal is not over ,although he said it was 50/50.He still wants to come but will GJ still want him.He also said it was nothing to do with metebs club ,agent,it was soley down to him to play.and thats what has upset GJ the most.There is still hope.

There's an old saying ( Alexander Popoe I think) "to err is human, to forgive divine"

In view of that, and Emad's apology, the deciisoon he now makes may well prove once and for all whether Gary Johnson is indeed the Messiah!!

Academic but..

If GJ looked Meteb in the eye and said categorically that he is not to play in that game and then the player ignores that and plays, what signal does that send out to GJ ?

And then Meteb apologises - sorry guv, I know you said not to play, but I couldn't resist it.

What's next ?

"I know I shouldn't have nipped back to Cairo like you said but I was a bit homesick - sorry"

GJ knows all about Orr and the rest, knows them inside out, and consequently knew that the offences (which took place a year previously) would not be repeated.

He doesn't know Meteb and the player let him down badly at the first opportunity and that was a massive mistake by Meteb.

IMO his apology counts for nothing and if he comes here, it won't be because he apologised it'll be because City couldn't get out of the deal without a lot of different problems piling up.

Sorry mate, but I don't believe that for one minute. If Gary Johnson does not want that player at this football club, then he wont come here. Simple as that.

It was a c*ck up. Meteb was probably ill advised also (and we should have sent somene with him). Hopefully GJ realises that he couldve played it better.

Anyway, Metebs apology has hopefully proved to us all that he is very keen on this move.

Kiss and make up Gary and get this quality player in!

Meteb and Mifsud could be the goals we need for automatic promotion!

I thought that was what I said...

'If he comes here, it wont be because he apologised, it will be because City couldnt get out of the deal without differing problems pilling up'. What do you mean by that? Sorry if wrong but I took it as the only way Emad will be coming here is if City cant cancel the contract or whatever, meaning that the player will come weather Gary wants him or not.

The fact that he has appologised is a major factor,it means he realy wants to come here.Also it means he needs to earn the managers trust,which the player usualy trys harder in training and matches.And after this fiasco the player will learn that the manager will take no sh*t.So lets hope its all sorted either way.He looks a special player.And for me I hope GJ wipes the floor with him but accepts his appology and signs him.

My worry is that now we are paying big money up front and not in installments - what's to stop Emad getting homesick after a month and saying "sorry I can't settle, cider's carp, can't understand the Wurzels, Faggots ain't the stuff for I" etc etc. At least the installment idea would have given us a bit of "insurance".

Big gamble for us - Mifsud on the other hand is a no-brainer. Get him in!

Sorry - I thought you were referring to the bit before that about accepting an apology.

I think there are two factions at the Gate - the one which doesn't want Meteb because of his actions, and the other which sees the problems in store in pulling out.

The practical issues may outweigh the principle - that's what I meant.

Oh right fair enough, I would agree your right about the two opinions, it would be a huge decision to pull out of the deal but I would think Lansdown would be prepared to go through it because of his belief in Johnson.

In an era in football when footballers are stealing phones out of girls handbags,having spitroasts,not wanting to play for the club they love because they want 10 grand more on top of 140grand a week.In metebs defence he wanted to play one last game for the only club he has played for should be apluaded.The fact that he went behind the managers back is wrong.But the kid wants to play for us.

from egyptian forum

ينتظر عماد متعب، مهاجم الفريق الكروي الأول بالنادي الأهلي، الرد النهائي من مسؤولي نادي بريستول سيتي الإنجليزي بشأن اتمام التعاقد معه أو صرف النظر بشكل نهائي عن ضمه بعد مخالفته تعليمات جاري جونسون، المدير الفني للفريق الإنجليزي

وكان متعب قد أرسل أمس الأول خطاباً رسمياً للنادي الإنجليزي يقدم فيه اعتذاراً مكتوباً عن تصرفه بالمشاركة في مباراة القمة الأفريقية علي غير رغبة المدير الفني.

ومن جانبه، أكد محمد حميد، مندوب الشركة الإنجليزية الوسيطة في إتمام الصفقة، أن الأمور بدأت تتحسن تدريجياً بعد اعتذار متعب وربما تشهد الساعات القليلة المقبلة انفراجة في تلك الأزمة الطارئة، مؤكداً أن متعب أخطأ خطأً جسيماً عندما شارك في مباراة الزمالك، خاصة أن جونسون كان قد اجتمع به في إنجلترا عقب اجتيازه الكشف الطبي.

وقال له الآتي: «من خلال متابعتي لقائمة اللاعبين الخاصة بمباريات النادي الأهلي وجدت أنك شاركت في عدد كبير من المباريات، هذا بخلاف مشاركتك مع المنتخب الوطني، وإزاء ذلك أمامك ثلاثة اختيارات، أولها أن تسافر لمعسكر بريستول بالبرتغال، أو أن تبقي بإنجلترا لقضاء إجازة خاصة، أو أن تعود إلي مصر، ولكن بشرط أن تختفي تماماً عن الأنظار والضغط الجماهيري حتي لا تشتت ذهنك قبل انضمامك إلي فريقك الجديد».

وأوضح حميد أن جونسون رفض بشدة فكرة مشاركة متعب في مباراة الزمالك، بل إنه قام بالتقدم باعتذار رسمي للنادي الأهلي عبر الموقع الرسمي لبريستول، وفي القناة الفضائية الخاصة به عن عدم موافقته علي مشاركة متعب في تلك المباراة.

وأضاف حميد: بمجرد أن رأي متعب يشارك في المباراة اعتبر الأمر عدم وجود ثقة بينه وبين اللاعب، وأن هذا الأمر في أوروبا يعد أمراً خطيراً.

وحول عدم إلزام النادي بشروط جزائية إذا تراجع نهائياً عن تعاقده مع اللاعب، أشار حميد إلي أن متعب وقع علي عقد ابتدائي، وكان في طريقه للتحويل إلي عقد رسمي، وبالفعل قام اللاعب بتوقيع عقد مع بريستول ثم وقع النادي الأهلي علي عقد ثنائي مع نظيره الإنجليزي.

وبقيت النقطة الثالثة الأخيرة والأهم وهي نسبة مشاركات اللاعب مع المنتخب، والمعني بها اتحاد الكرة الذي تمت مخاطبته ثلاث مرات وحتي الآن لم يرسلها لدرجة أننا قمنا بالاتصال الهاتفي لأكثر من مرة بإداري المنتخب لإنهاء الأمر.

Meteb is awaiting the final answer from city officials today, Meteb sent an official reply the day before yesterday apologizing about playing againist Zamalek, againist Johnsons well, while Mohammed Hameed from the English company that things is detting better, and the next few hours might see good news...he said it was a big mistake from Meteb when he played, Johnson told Meteb when he met hem in Bristol: you have three options: 1. join the team to Portugal, 2. stay in UK on holiday or3. go back to Egypt but disappear to reduce the pressure on you. Hameed said Johnson strongly opposed Meteb playing in the cup, he even apologized to Al-Ahli for not being able to let MEteb play.

Hameed said Meteb's play was considered as mistrust between hem (GJ) and the player, which is something very dangerous in europe!!

Were did you get this statment from mate

My worry is that now we are paying big money up front and not in installments - what's to stop Emad getting homesick after a month and saying "sorry I can't settle, cider's carp, can't understand the Wurzels, Faggots ain't the stuff for I" etc etc. At least the installment idea would have given us a bit of "insurance".

Big gamble for us - Mifsud on the other hand is a no-brainer. Get him in!

Why would it have given us insurance? We still have to pay it. We stand to lose out on interest, that is the extent of the gamble when comparing upfront payments with insurance. Perhaps there is a deal with ahly in the contract that if meteb does not settle you have an option to buy back for £X

In an era in football when footballers are stealing phones out of girls handbags,having spitroasts,not wanting to play for the club they love because they want 10 grand more on top of 140grand a week.In metebs defence he wanted to play one last game for the only club he has played for should be apluaded.The fact that he went behind the managers back is wrong.But the kid wants to play for us.

I think thats a very good comment.

That makes sense to me. It's wrong for him to have disobeyed GJ but it does show that the player is capable of a high level of loyalty and I'd like to see him show us that a few years from now.

That makes sense to me. It's wrong for him to have disobeyed GJ but it does show that the player is capable of a high level of loyalty and I'd like to see him show us that a few years from now.

I think that if we can show as much passion and "love" for him when he comes he might. However, he's got alot of people off to a very bad start on that front and needs to hit the ground running.

Come GJ and SL please accept this kids appology and sign him quickly.Get him to clean the seats in the Dolman as a punishment.If we are going to progress we need quality and what i seen this kids quality.I personally havent been this excited about a player since "jaki"

and there is no clear evidence that he disobeyed GJ - only that he did something gj said would not happen because of his registration having been cancelled - If GJ felt he was worth 1.5mm then surely we can overcome a mix up if that is what it was?? let's face it we have had players go to jail and come back - can anyone honestly say what Meteb did is worse? :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I find it very strange that Emad would be told face to face not to do something and then go do it! Why would you risk infuriating your new boss? When you start a new job you wish to prove yourself so as not to get off on the wrong foot. What reassures me is that he joined the preparations for the match instantly after his return.

However, if he really admitted any wrong doing that would countermand everything.

Archived