IGNORED

Meteb Apologized...probable Some Good News

matar

Don't pay attention to that, classic agent talk.

It is amusing to see reports of an apology letter and this at the same time :)

Do Ahly fans seriously believe Emad's agent? Most on here seem to think that this agent is not capable of deceit!

This is absolute madness, the club have been hiding in their cave long enough ffs, come out and tell us SOMETHING!

Whilst i agree we've seen loads of links with various 'sources' this that and the other, this one i can't help but think has some truth in it, but we need the club to come out and say something :dunno:

reznor, out of interest, what do you think will happen?

Well, in the immediate aftermath of the game i thought GJ was just showing his dissatisfaction and making a point.

I have been in situations at work when i told someone to do something and they did the complete opposite, i hit the roof but never fired anyone (over that).

But all along i knew that Emad stretched BCFC's financial limits to the max, and if he did indeed default then it may have been the last straw, coupled with the fact that, in all honesty and i am sorry to say it, Emad does not speak English. He would learn it very quickly I'm sure, but at the moment he does not have a command of the language and that's what created the problem to start with. Not saying, or implying that BCFC got its get-out clause, but certainly an overreaction on behalf of a coach who thinks its OK to knock on players doors without permission from their clubs.

I don't know what will happen. I believe if GJ calls up the player and asks him to come he will. But obviously damage has been done and the player was in an unenviable fix. Cairo is a comfort zone for him, and Cairo wants him to stay. I think the deal is all but canceled and his agent's remarks are just to save face.

Personally, and unlike the vast majority of Ahly fans, i wanted the transfer to be sealed. He has done everything for Ahly : Champions League (twice), 4 consecutive league titles (his first and only years in the first team) and 2 ACNs (Ivory Coast and Cameroon are very strong opponents, believe me). Besides, all his striking partners are now playing in Europe. Mido with Boro, and he will have a good season. Amr Zaki with Wigan, you may have seen what he did to Kolo Toure in the last ACN, and Zidan who plays in the Bundesliga and is full of talent.

I was also looking forward to see him play at the gate because i would have went there to support him in person. Emad would have been the only Egyptian in England that i genuinely like (i also like Ghaly, but i hate Spurs).

Good luck to both our teams next season.

Cheers

Do Ahly fans seriously believe Emad's agent? Most on here seem to think that this agent is not capable of deceit!

Agents only care for their 10%

I hate to stereotype and label people, but agents are not exactly the most honest of people.

Is this the same agent, who the other day said that he contacted Johnson to keep the deal alive?

Nope, that was Mohammed Hamid I believe, who I assume is the English end of the operation and the one we are paying. The one called Shawky quoted in this latest article is the players advisor and at the Egyptian end of the deal (as best I can work out from all these stories).

This whole summer is turning into a shambles, if Mifsud doesn't like our terms we won't improve the offer or the whole squad will feel put out. Relatively speaking, getting over Meteb playing that game was a far lesser concession that wouldn't have bothered our squad.

I'm amazed we've apparently played our hand so badly from what our intentions were three weeks ago. Every recent decision seems to have been reactionary and has gone against us and if Meteb is now sick of it and Mifsud isn't interested, it's fair to say we've hit bust.

Nope, that was Mohammed Hamid I believe, who I assume is the English end of the operation and the one we are paying. The one called Shawky quoted in this latest article is the players advisor and at the Egyptian end of the deal (as best I can work out from all these stories).

It was Shawky, the player's agent, who was quoted as calling Bristol City the other day.

The "misunderstanding" was blamed on Hameed who was apparently our agent and hasn't been quoted anywhere.

This whole summer is turning into a shambles, if Mifsud doesn't like our terms we won't improve the offer or the whole squad will feel put out. Relatively speaking, getting over Meteb playing that game was a far lesser concession that wouldn't have bothered our squad.

I'm amazed we've apparently played our hand so badly from what our intentions were three weeks ago. Every recent decision seems to have been reactionary and has gone against us and if Meteb is now sick of it and Mifsud isn't interested, it's fair to say we've hit bust.

i would not get depressed over newspaper and web reports. wait for OS official statements.

wait for OS official statements.

By the time they publish something more about this transfer I'll be long since dead and City will be playing in the EuroLeague Western Division 2 North.

(having said that, surely there will be a statement before the open day or GJ and SL are going to be like a broken record repeating themselves all day)

i would not get depressed over newspaper and web reports. wait for OS official statements.

easy to say that, but when the Offical Site is saying nothing at all, and in the reports it is making is being as vague as possible (such as likely teams for weekends games)

it's easy to get concerned over events because right now, we are looking at 2 weeks from the first game of the season, with no striker....any striker that does come in now, will most likely get 1 pre-season game to settle into the team......not ideal.

By the time they publish something more about this transfer I'll be long since dead and City will be playing in the EuroLeague Western Division 2 North.

(having said that, surely there will be a statement before the open day or GJ and SL are going to be like a broken record repeating themselves all day)

agreed, something has got to be said before the Open Day on sunday, it's going to be bad enough for GJ and SL as it is with all the current goings on, but if this continued silence goes on for much longer, Sunday isn't going to be very pleasant for them.

We clearly don't 'do' play offs and you can add transfers to that now!

Still thnk GJ is god but this is the second year running we've messed up. Trundle was 3/4 choice came to late and has had little effect - however nice a chap he is.

We should be integrating our key new players now - not a week before the season starts. Fringe players can come late on but not players making up the spine of the team. We've known from January that two quality strikers are needed - ok, you get bad luck in signing people up but one should be embedded in the team by now.

I bloody well hope someone has the balls to ask GJ/SL/KM about what the hell is going with Meteb at Weymouth tonight, because it has now become somewhat annoying.

I'm actually a supporter of the whole 'media blackout' thing most of the time, but this situation (Meteb playing a game GJ said he would not) is so unique it deserved some comment IMHO.

I'll actually be more understanding if the transfer is off, because of the complicated stuff surrounding cancelling the deal.

However if he ends up at City a simple "Meteb did actually play last night but will still be coming" on monday could have saved a lot of mud being slung and ill feeling.

The Mifsud thing is Coventry's fault and will have worked in their favour if he doesn't sign here and ends up getting them a bit more money from another club (or indeed himself a better deal) and I cannot get too worked up about our actions on that one, as if we had our way nothing would have been public until confirmation.

Personally, I'm forsaking this place for a bit now, at least until something official comes out of the club and the madness dies down.

I've swung from anger at him playing, to sympathy for his obvious love for his home team, to delight when Mifsd AND Meteb might be coming and now to utter loss of interest in either as both seem in limbo.

So off to the cinema and the pub; canne be ###### with any of it.

Bet anyone a pint I'll log on tomorrow and well have signed bloody Christiano Ronaldo at this rate!

Tell me you're joking.

Mifsud will give you some entertainment. He is lightning fast. But, unlike some of the posts on this site suggest, he will not be missed. His first touch is poor and he is sussed out by defenders. I think you will be disappointed once his honeymoon period is over.

If you look at his playing history it becomes evident that he is like this at all his clubs. Coventry has been his best so far. Pity he was so poor after his WBA sending off and the rest of the season.

Coventry fans will not miss him now whereas 8 months ago he was irreplaceable.

Mr Mercury and Queen sum up our feelings pretty well!

When the outside temperature rises

And the meaning is oh so clear

One thousand and one yellow daffodils

Begin to dance in front of you - oh dear

Are they trying to tell you something?

You're missing that one final screw

You're simply not in the pink my dear

To be honest you haven't got a clue

I'm going slightly Emad

I'm going slightly Emad

It finally happened - happened

It finally happened - ooh oh

It finally happened - I'm slightly Emad

Oh dear!

I'm one striker short of a forward line

I'm not quite the shilling

One wave short of a shipwreck

I'm not at my usual top billing

I'm coming down with a fever

I'm really out to sea

This Nile is boiling over

I think I'm a palm tree

Oh dear, I'm going slightly mad

I'm going slightly Emad

It finally happened, happened

It finally happened uh huh

It finally happened I'm slightly Emad - oh dear!

I'm knitting with only one needle

Unravelling fast its true

I'm driving only three wheels these days

But my dear how about you?

I'm going slightly Emad

I'm going slightly Emad

It finally happened

It finally happened oh yes

It finally happened

I'm slightly Emad!

Just very slightly Emad!

And there you have it!

To be two weeks away from the start of the season and to be in this postion after promises of "exciting" signings and pre-Wembley lists of players to target is very disappointing.

The Meteb deal (whatever happens and whatever is said) would appear to have been handled naively and, as you say, completely reactionary instead of pro-actively. It's all very well having principles but sometimes you have to bend a bit in order to get what is required. Doing otherwise won't get us anywhere at this level.

The complete lack of any information at all is also disappointing.

As you say, thus far it is fair to call it a shambles.

I really cannot fathom the depression.. you lot believe far too much of what you read in rag reports and on dodgy web sites.

The only official news we have is on the BCFC site, that is the only place i will trust. And right now we have OFFICIAL news that he has signed for us as of almost a week ago. Until that changes what is the point of ranting over speculation. Beats me.

Archived