IGNORED

Worst Ever City Player

InCider

Bas Savage was effective if not prolific and far from the worst player I've ever seen.

Henry McKop? I don't remember him making more than a handful of appearances.

For me it would one of the classic centreback pairing of Watts and Dyche.

I'll go for Julian Watts.

Who can remember Wayne Bray ? Truly awful. As for Marvelous Marvin Harriott, the less said the better.

Thanks for that one. Couldn't remember the name of the useless fullback who used to pass the ball to the Dolman Stand every week. That's the guy! Didn't he come through Lilleshall? Marvellous indeed! :laugh:

Julian Marshall - centre back

- and yes - John Palmer - saw him come on at Torquay for the briefest substitute appearance imaginable...in the truly bleak early eighties days we had several players like him who tried hard but just weren't up to it - Paul Williams was another - no disrespect to them - but wouldn't have made any other City team

Marvin Harriott definitely. Was he an Osman signing if i remember rightly? Nuff said.

I note the mention of Sean Dyche, but he wasn't that bad before he got injured. It was that disastrous performance against Oxford United on the opening day of the 98/99 season that saw the end off his career. Who can forget that clearance from inside the box that he completely sliced and ended going above his head, behind him and out for a corner! After that he went on to captain Millwall for many a year including in the Championship so he was no mug. Just thought i'd put in a good word for the man who smashed our away dressing room up after the Millwall game in 2000 :boxing:

And didn't Saints pay quite a lot to buy him? No wonder they were relegated from the top flight soon after!

They did indeed - what the hell were they thinking of?!? They must have caught him on his one good performance for us!

Funnily enough, I was going to say Dryden. I thought he was abysmal, and could not understand how he got in the team week in, week out, whilst producing the most God-awful performances. Every week he seemed to make massive co ck-ups and was about the most unreliable centre-back you could possibly imagine. Was he paying to play or something?! Or doing something else to somebody?! Man, he was just plain pants.

Am i correct thinking Dryden was signed by Southampton, we all gave a sigh of relief :englandsmile4wf:

Julian Marshall - centre back

- and yes - John Palmer - saw him come on at Torquay for the briefest substitute appearance imaginable...in the truly bleak early eighties days we had several players like him who tried hard but just weren't up to it - Paul Williams was another - no disrespect to them - but wouldn't have made any other City team

Nice fella, though, Paul Williams, became a postman down in Exeter,and always happy to chat.Bas was a nice fella too,and did quite

well considering his allergy to scoring, heading and staying on his feet!

Seriously though post '82, we went through lots of players, e.g.Bray, Economou, Chandler, the Kelly brothers,etc etc,but they kept our club alive even when we were 92nd in the league, so they'll always be well thought of by me.

Loads of candidates from the 1999 relegation season.....I'm still having nightmares

Dyche

Watts

Hutchings

tony thorpe signed for over a million but was rubbish

ade akinbyi scored loads that season but should have scored 3 times as many

keith welch (that season anyway)

steve jones isnt being mentoned much :noexpression:

tony dinning

sean dyche

mark mccammon

kelly youga

osei sankofa

bo anderson

could perhaps put arguments for gerard lavin and vilmos sebok

soren anderson

aaron brown, even when shootin toward the east end his crosses managed to get in the atyeo

oh i almost forgot

MARK LEVER!!!!!! :laugh:

Ray Atteveld!

Didn't he score two own goals in his first 3 games?? I remember one was an absolute cracker - Ronaldo would have been proud!!

As for the Dryden nominators - "there's only one Richard Dryden, One Richard Dryden, Walking along singing a song, walking in a Dryden wonderland"(or summat like that) - that was a classic song - us taking the pee out of one of our own BIG TIME!!

Carl Hutchins was awful, are we getting him mixed up with Bobby Hutchinson? A City great, lifted the Freight Rover trophy at Wembley in '86.

My vote goes to Caesar, though he did have one good game, or that big front man that Cooper signed, Steve Johnson, absolutely forkin useless on the ground. He was shocking. Mind you, we had no money back then so I guess it was all we could afford. Oh, and Gary Marshall, for being a total lightweight.

What about unsung heroes? Ones who never get any credit, but were ace? That Jacki fella from Poland, he wasn't bad, nor was that Taylor lad, Bob was it? No-one ever talks about them...seriously, though, what about John MacPhail, he was a total rock at the back.

Archived