IGNORED

Sl Speaks

frenchred

the masters of flack deflection(SL & GJ) have just announced at the open day the Meteb deal is OFF. Mifsud will sign tomorrow (Monday) and another on his way in the week but cant say who!

I suppose all ' these arriving' will realise they were never the number one targets!!

the masters of flack deflection(SL & GJ) have just announced at the open day the Meteb deal is OFF. Mifsud will sign tomorrow (Monday) and another on his way in the week but cant say who!

I suppose all ' these arriving' will realise they were never the number one targets!!

Any update on the stadium and training ground?

OK.. now that this IS apparently confirmed somebody needs to ask some probing questions. Such as.. 'how do you reconcile the fact that you said meteb was ALWAYS your number ONE target with the task of motivating new strikers coming in'?

OK.. now that this IS apparently confirmed somebody needs to ask some probing questions. Such as.. 'how do you reconcile the fact that you said meteb was ALWAYS your number ONE target with the task of motivating new strikers coming in'?

I honestly don't think that will make the slightest difference to the two new strikers, whoever they are, coming in. They will know very well that situations change, goalposts get moved and that all clubs generally go through a long and tedious process of signing a player.

Do you think that the Ronaldo to Real Madrid deal now appears to be over, whoever will be the replacement target for Madrid will feel disappointed that they were only second choice to Ronaldo?! No. Because whoever it is will be stepping up. The chances are that Mifsud will see this move as a step up, too. More money, a better chance of promotion, a fresh start, and a chance of playing under a manager who wants him.

I'm not comparing us to Madrid, but I'm sure you get the point. The issue for GJ, which he seems to be very good at anyway, is making every single player feel a part of the squad and feel like they will get a chance if they perform, and there's no doubt someone like Mifsud and whoever else comes in will get these opportunities.

I honestly don't think that will make the slightest difference to the two new strikers, whoever they are, coming in. They will know very well that situations change, goalposts get moved and that all clubs generally go through a long and tedious process of signing a player.

Do you think that the Ronaldo to Real Madrid deal now appears to be over, whoever will be the replacement target for Madrid will feel disappointed that they were only second choice to Ronaldo?! No. Because whoever it is will be stepping up. The chances are that Mifsud will see this move as a step up, too. More money, a better chance of promotion, a fresh start, and a chance of playing under a manager who wants him.

I'm not comparing us to Madrid, but I'm sure you get the point. The issue for GJ, which he seems to be very good at anyway, is making every single player feel a part of the squad and feel like they will get a chance if they perform, and there's no doubt someone like Mifsud and whoever else comes in will get these opportunities.

Fair points.

Still be nice to know the official line from BCFC why the deal fell out.. We think we know the full story but from the horses mouth would be a bonus.

i don't think motivating new players is a problem, if a player reads somewhere he was second choice, i would think he will perform to his best to show any manager that he should have been first choice, any player not of this mindset will be of no use to the club anyway,

i also think Metab would have unsettled the dressing room, and not only because of the language problem.

Mifsud won't have to spend a few weeks adjusting to the championship, that will be important, if he can get 4 or 5 goals in our first 10 or 12 games we'll all be praising GJ's judgement on here again.

:englandsmile4wf:

Fair points.

Still be nice to know the official line from BCFC why the deal fell out.. We think we know the full story but from the horses mouth would be a bonus.

I agree, it would be nice - as nosey individuals, I'm sure we all want to know why!

To be honest, as someone who works in PR, I think they should have come out a week ago as to why things were going so badly. Clearly we don't know the full reasons so it's difficult to criticise, however drawing the whole situation out for a week longer than was necessary, I think it has been a bit of a mess this week.

I do totally agree, however with their usual stance of keeping things quiet most of the time until something is agreed and sorted. But this week has been such a mess I really think they should have come out and defended themselves much more vehemently to start with.

The ground will not be a concrete bowl. It will be made of brick not concrete and looks similar to the new Valley.

concrete is uber cool mate. bricks are yesterdays news. :disapointed2se:

go take a look at Frank Gehry, Frank Lloyd Wright, Norman Foster, Calatrava, or buildings such as Idlewild Airport or the magnificent TWA Terminal by Eero Saarinen at JFK.. all fabulous uses of concrete. iconic designs from the fifties through to today.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...=image&cd=1

red brick is so pase. so inner city cheap. they had better do a really good job of this or it will look very conservative, boring and dull. brick is generally very dull.

concrete is uber cool mate. bricks are yesterdays news. :disapointed2se:

go take a look at Frank Gehry, Frank Lloyd Wright, Norman Foster, Calatrava, or buildings such as Idlewild Airport or the magnificent TWA Terminal by Eero Saarinen at JFK.. all fabulous uses of concrete. iconic designs from the fifties through to today.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http...=image&cd=1

tbh that building just looks like its out of some crappy low budget old sci-fi movie.

GJ and SL the masters of turning our football club into the successful orginisation that it is today don't you mean?

Any new player coming in won't give a ###### that they were not number one as they are unlikely to share a record like Meteb's in world football. Fact of life.

The Mifsud signing and A N Other signing plus the stadium news are great positives in a difficult week for the club. Lets hope that takes the focus, and rightly so, away from an idiot like Meteb.

I would suggest it looks more like a small Wembley but with low end stands and side roofs a bit like Manchester Utds South stand.

ah thats the one with the slightly sloping roof isnt it?

sounds impressive!!! our own little "small wembley"!!!

but don't like the two tiered stands at either end!! i wanted single tiered behind both goals!!

:noexpression:

Archived