IGNORED

Sl Speaks

frenchred

He never said that, he said its to be discussed with the relevant people, and only done if it benefits us

No he said that at this time there were no plans but that could change if parties came in that would help fund it.

I know this because i asked the question.

Yes the South stand has the roof which over laps this appeared to be flatter but comparable. Hopefully the design will be out soon for others to draw their conclusions but i thought the two end stands really were very dissappointing.

DAMN! I too wanted a massive single tiered home end - not doubled tiered - an EastEnd/Kop-esque stand to really get thousands of fans together in unison.

You only have to view the comments made about our trip to Portman Road this season to hear how bad the atmosphere was, and Ipswichs' ground has two-tiered stands behind each goal.

No he said that at this time there were no plans but that could change if parties came in that would help fund it.

I know this because i asked the question.

He said it will be discussed as part of the re-generation plans for the area, which we will be involved in.

Would like a huge sprawling single tier stand for the vocal fans behind the goal

Still time for the plans to change

I find it strange how people think it's the stand which helps provide the noise( yes it's small and has a low roof so helps) yet it is the people getting together. Yes the has been a spark of noise since the eastend has been opened yet if we get this new stadium and don't have this I still think if people are really committed to cheering the lads on I don't see this changing even if the stands are different.

I find it strange how people think it's the stand which helps provide the noise( yes it's small and has a low roof so helps) yet it is the people getting together. Yes the has been a spark of noise since the eastend has been opened yet if we get this new stadium and don't have this I still think if people are really committed to cheering the lads on I don't see this changing even if the stands are different.

So do you think Liverpool should abandon the plans they have and replace the kop with a two tiered stand with boxes across the middle because design does not matter?

So do you think Liverpool should abandon the plans they have and replace the kop with a two tiered stand with boxes across the middle because design does not matter?

I agree

The environment that people are in has an impact on the way they react

To split the crowd up into two tiers with a line of executive boxes across the middle is not conducive to a good atmosphere.

The people need to be together to make the noise louder!

To be fair, that stadium does look unique.
Not unique really if it looks similar to the valley and also has a Old Trafford feel about it. I'm on the fence about it really. A lot of us wanted a Bristol landmark to be added to make the stadium unique to us if red bricks is all they can think of then god help us, Disappointed there doesn't seem to be a EE. Couldn't see clearly in the plans but SL said the stands are set far back because FIFA requires that. Some parts of it looked a mismatch and the ends gave it a incomplete feel.

The bottom half of the stadium is sunk into the ground and forms a bowl shape whilst the rest above ground level is separate stands to give it a unique look. If this was the final design I would be disappointed but hopefully they will listen to the feedback and take it away and improve the design. So until we see the final designs I'm staying on the fence.

I am most excited about is the architects.

HOK have a great pedigree. They designed Wembley, The Emirates Stadium, Millennium Stadium... etc. See http://www.hoksport.com/projects/index.html

With architects of this calibre, I think the new stadium will be outstanding.

I am also encouraged to hear that SL wants the stadium to be unique to Bristol City.

Exciting times ahead :city:

Not unique really if it looks similar to the valley and also has a Old Trafford feel about it. I'm on the fence about it really. A lot of us wanted a Bristol landmark to be added to make the stadium unique to us if red bricks is all they can think of then god help us, Disappointed there doesn't seem to be a EE. Couldn't see clearly in the plans but SL said the stands are set far back because FIFA requires that. Some parts of it looked a mismatch and the ends gave it a incomplete feel.

The bottom half of the stadium is sunk into the ground and forms a bowl shape whilst the rest above ground level is separate stands to give it a unique look. If this was the final design I would be disappointed but hopefully they will listen to the feedback and take it away and improve the design. So until we see the final designs I'm staying on the fence.

Sorry but for the money we are able to spend on this project, what we were shown is about as unique as your going to get.

No East End? Again, they've obviously considered that and there was a similar stand behind the goal. Shallow tiered and with a low roof.

Red bricks I think will look good. As Steve l stated we are in expert hands in terms of design with some of the best architects in the world. They'll certainly look better than the current crop of stadia in this country that look like MFI or B & Q warehouses.

What we were shown were very much DRAFT designs with hardly any detail. They were purely illustrative so let's wait and see.

Impressed with what I saw though, and it seems the vast majority that attended were.

Sorry but for the money we are able to spend on this project, what we were shown is about as unique as your going to get.

No East End? Again, they've obviously considered that and there was a similar stand behind the goal. Shallow tiered and with a low roof.

Red bricks I think will look good. As Steve l stated we are in expert hands in terms of design with some of the best architects in the world. They'll certainly look better than the current crop of stadia in this country that look like MFI or B & Q warehouses.

What we were shown were very much DRAFT designs with hardly any detail. They were purely illustrative so let's wait and see.

Impressed with what I saw though, and it seems the vast majority that attended were.

Wasnt the cost £60m?

I am sure he said somewhere about that.

I've just had a quick look. Myself I'm impressed. Its unique, its not a DIY flatpack stadium this is what we didn't want and from the first sketch its all possitive. Lansdown has gone for a decent Architect and project manager which is good news for a quality development and we can say SL isnt doing it on the cheap.

I have found some of HOK's previous work in sporting venues. Looks very impressive.

HOK

If its HOK then we can be pretty confident of a great result. They are doing a lot in the Middle East and most of it stands up very well against the competition for integrity of design. This would be a great partner.

Archived