IGNORED

No One Likes Us

Sir Colby-Tit

I dunno - but its not as if other fans can be jealous of us - City haven't ever exactly been a succesfull club.

Did they ask the fans though?

It sounds from the article as though they asked the clubs. Not sure what they mean by that.

So this article shows Stockport, S****horpe and the Sags are more hated than clubs like Liverpool and Arsenal..i don't think so :disapointed2se:

Anyway...i think its good were disliked as it shows were doing well...although not at the level Leeds and Manure are. I love the local rival clashes but would hate that every time we played a game.

Two reasons :-

1. When in league One where we've spent most of our time recently we were the "big City club" , we believed we should be beating all the" little town clubs" and , although understandable thats an attitude that don't go down well in the UK. :disapointed2se:

2. For some reason away fans think Ashton Gate is intimidating and the surrounding pubs/area threatening , am always being asked where it is safe for them to drink pre match. They should have come in the 70's , mind you maybe they did , hence the vote. :bruce_h4h:

On the trip up to Blackpool early doors on Saturday, we noticed this in the paper whilst devouring the obligatory Motorway services breakfast on the M6. From memory, I thought we number 7 out of 10, with the Gas close behind us. Leeds were still top.

The reason I remember it is because on leaving Bloomfield road, some of our fans were busy inviting some Blackpool fans "out to play" outside a pub and my mate commented "no wonder people don't like us".

I too would be interested to know if this survey reflects the view of other club officials or supporters.

Two reasons :-

1. When in league One where we've spent most of our time recently we were the "big City club" , we believed we should be beating all the" little town clubs" and , although understandable thats an attitude that don't go down well in the UK. :disapointed2se:

2. For some reason away fans think Ashton Gate is intimidating and the surrounding pubs/area threatening , am always being asked where it is safe for them to drink pre match. They should have come in the 70's , mind you maybe they did , hence the vote. :bruce_h4h:

A lot of the clubs that make that list have big hoooligan problems amongst their support, which makes it all the more surprising that Cardiff aren't in there. I bet their boys are gutted!

Mike

Guest Garfunkle
If they asked me I'd vote for Leeds followed by Cardiff and Milwall.

why do you hate leeds more than cardiff and rovers? we have never had a rivalry with leeds so i don't see why, as a city fan, you would choose leeds over these two?

i look for rovers and cardiffs results before i look for leeds on a weekend

A survey of football league clubs has revealed that we are the 16th most despised club in the league.

Clickety Link

All the usual suspects make the top 20. The Gas take up their usual position at the foot of the table.

So, the question is why do other clubs not like us?

I spoke to quite a few Scousers and Mancunians while on holiday and they all seemed disappointed that we weren't promoted last season. The reason I was in contact with so many Scousers and Mancunians is because I flew from Manchester airport to Cuba. We are a popular club with the football loving people that matter.

Hooliganism and for fans of most clubs BS3 is not a very friendly place let alone fans of Plymouth, Rovers or Swindon.

Exactly....

Southampton fans could not believe the way we behaved last season at St Marys

Wolves comments on here were..."what do you expect when you come to a place with that attitude"

Probably repeat that for QPR / Palarse / Cardiff / Swansea (hence the bubbles etc)

Guest Garfunkle
Exactly....

Southampton fans could not believe the way we behaved last season at St Marys

Wolves comments on here were..."what do you expect when you come to a place with that attitude"

Probably repeat that for QPR / Palarse / Cardiff / Swansea (hence the bubbles etc)

if this is the case then why are cardiff not in there?

if this is the case then why are cardiff not in there?

I guess it may be because Cardiff haven't actually been involved in much trouble over last few seasons since they have had very tight restrictions placed on their travel.. (every game is like a bubble) and this appears to have weeded out the real trouble makers from away games

Yes they are extremley leery to US when we go to their place but again a lot of problems have been removed by memberships and bans etc - it only appears to be the likes of us or Sags or Swansea that get problems there

I know several Cardiff "fans" very well and the lengths they had to go through to become "ambassadors" as they are called is quite surprising....and just ONE step out of line and you are out...Life ban ..no more footy.....end of

The hardline appears to work

That has to be bo77ocks, Ar5enal are one of the most loved? Plenty of people dislike them.

And most non-Gas/Baadiff/Swindle fans I've met don't have a problem with us, some even like us, even the big teams, eg Bolton, Boro, Everton, even a Leeds fan I met recently seemed OK with us.

Same goes for the Gas: outside of the usual suspects, plus Oxford (they had some bother there a few years back) - they don't even have our hoolie reputation... :innocent06:

Suspect this was a survey of armchair fans.

This survey is tosh. Cardiff has got to be one of the most hated clubs in the country.

Look at their Chairman past and presant , their Managers, their fans, the fact they get away with some many things thanks to the WFA.

The fact that they should of been closed down by the courts last season but was allowed to carry on trading.

The fact that they able to carry on buying players when they are in massive debt.

The fact that they are able to build a new statdium when they have no money.

The fact that they think they are a Premier League team in waiting when they gets one of the lower average attendance in the division.

AND THE FACT THEY ARE WELSH.

The league 1 clubs we annually dismissed then stared up at in disbelief when we glanced at the table have a right not to like us I guess.

I think us in the championship is a well liked club. Everyone likes GJ, we have a national likeable star in Trundle, we play nice football, don't act unprofessionally in transfers and try to keep quiet, our players haven't a reputation for being dirty or cheating and I think we're well liked by the media.

Only clubs we have direct rivalries with could dislike us in our current form IMO so how we're 16th I don't know.

Archived