IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Guest Garfunkle

Guest Garfunkle

I know its only one game into the season but i thought for most of last season that he looked the weaker of the 4 defenders. On saturday hammill (yes he was good but ot the best right winger in this league by a long shot) went past him again and again. Mcindoe does a lot of tracking back to help mcallister yet he never gets forward to support mcindoe yet orr seems to be able to get up and down the flank and defend adequately.

Does he just need competition? Do we need a replacement? Do you think he is good enough?

What are your thoughts?

I quite like Mcalister. He does have his bad points and is prone to making costly errors, but then again, I could say the same about Orr and McCombe.

TBH, on Saturday I didnt notice him have that bad a game. He looked a bit edgey if anything and not so decisive as he can be. Apart from that he was a key part of the back four that ultimately got a clean sheet.

On the plus side, he has a good left boot and a good footballing brain. Yes, he could get forward more but I think he is just a bit more defensive minded than Bradley Orr. When he plays he does add balance to the back four and I think he works hard for the team. He also produced a good shot on Saturday which caused the Blackpool keeper into making a save.

Guest Garfunkle
I quite like Mcalister. He does have his bad points and is prone to making costly errors, but then again, I could say the same about Orr and McCombe.

TBH, on Saturday I didnt notice him have that bad a game. He looked a bit edgey if anything and not so decisive as he can be. Apart from that he was a key part of the back four that ultimately got a clean sheet.

On the plus side, he has a good left boot and a good footballing brain. Yes, he could get forward more but I think he is just a bit more defensive minded than Bradley Orr. When he plays he does add balance to the back four and I think he works hard for the team. He also produced a good shot on Saturday which caused the Blackpool keeper into making a save.

did you not think that hammill beat him too easily on numerous occasions leaving carey or mccombe scampering across to try and cover for him?

I've never been a fan of McAllister. He's far too predictable and not that good a full back imo. He gets beaten way to often by wingers and allows to many crosses from the left side.He doesn't produce enough when he gets forward either.

More competiton would certainly help

did you not think that hammill beat him too easily on numerous occasions leaving carey or mccombe scampering across to try and cover for him?

I noticed Hammill run at Orr and Mccombe a lot. I thought Mcallister had a reasonably tidy game. The odd mistake (miss-control etc) but apart from that?

Guest Garfunkle
I noticed Hammill run at Orr and Mccombe a lot. I thought Mcallister had a reasonably tidy game. The odd mistake (miss-control etc) but apart from that?

i may be wrong but at one point i swear he just kicked it straight out of play, mcindoe just looked at him as if to say what the hell are you doing. i just think that if we are to 'push-on' this season then we need a better left back than mcallister

i may be wrong but at one point i swear he just kicked it straight out of play, mcindoe just looked at him as if to say what the hell are you doing. i just think that if we are to 'push-on' this season then we need a better left back than mcallister

I think I know the one your on about. I think JM tried to get a bit of a curl on it down the line but misjudged it and it went straight out? Or is that another one? :noexpression:

On the whole, I think JM can do a job at LB for us but he will need competition and I don't think apart from Fontaine there is anyone who can give him that.

I know its only one game into the season but i thought for most of last season that he looked the weaker of the 4 defenders. On saturday hammill (yes he was good but ot the best right winger in this league by a long shot) went past him again and again. Mcindoe does a lot of tracking back to help mcallister yet he never gets forward to support mcindoe yet orr seems to be able to get up and down the flank and defend adequately.

Does he just need competition? Do we need a replacement? Do you think he is good enough?

What are your thoughts?

Think he is doing an alright job but not more. Considering he has played for Scotland he should have an bigger impact. Would like to see a left back who can overlap and cross from the touch line - not constantly trying Nayims from the half way line. Fitness level can be questioned, got spasm (correct word?) early on at Wembley which is odd for a left back.. Should frankly be told to do better.

Towards the end of last season Jamie McCallister became less consistent IMO. Very good left back on his day with a decent left foot - But i just get the feeling that maybe he's past it?? He's only 30 i think, so he should'nt be..... or maybe he's not good enough for the top end of the championship ?

Robbored - sorry mate, don't mean to be a smart a*se, but the quote in your sig is from Richard II, not Henry V.

forum wouldn't let me PM you.

You're right, still a great signature by Robbored even if it has been credited wrongly. All great men make great quotes: "Let God arise and his enemies be scattered." - Cromwell quoting from the Psalms at the battle of Dunbar (1650).

Robbored - sorry mate, don't mean to be a smart a*se, but the quote in your sig is from Richard II, not Henry V.

forum wouldn't let me PM you.

Thanks. I always get muddled with Henry V and Richard II. 'Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war'. Band of brothers' and all that. All very patriotic which is the whole point of the signature.

Proud Englishman that I am.

Thanks. I always get muddled with Henry V and Richard II. 'Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war'. Band of brothers' and all that. All very patriotic which is the whole point of the signature.

Proud Englishman that I am.

You can't get better than that when it comes to getting misty eyed about England.

To the tune of 'Sexyback'

ahem...

His name is Jamie Mac (yeah)

Sometimes he plays like he is high on crack (yeah)

But he is quite a decent left full-back (yeah)

He likes to overlap on the attack (yeah)

(Super number 3)

Got bad disciplaine [sic] (yeah)

He must have red and yellow on the brain (yeah)

He often gets sent off when he is play'n (yeah)

So when he makes a tackle we are pray'n (yeah)

(Crazy number 3)

Jamie Mac

Don't let me down...etc.

It all just fell into place :bonkers:

What are your thoughts?

I think McAllsiter is very good and links up well with mcindoe but he admittedly likes to drop back and cross in from deep which he can be quite good at. I disagree partly though as i believe mcindoe can stay up a bit to much and not track back. not havin a go at him but once or twice he can not track back and leave 2 on 1.

I think hes a good player but i wudnt mind seein a defender that is championship quality that can play anywhere along the back line (and that would be very very difficult)

Mcallister is average at best. The song says over laps in attack or something like that. That is probley his worst part of his game going forward he so often gives the ball to mcindoe and then just stays still it winded me right up. His defending aint bad but like someone said is prone to mistakes. Def a weak link and one which should of been improved over summer

Personally... I rate Jamie Mac.

Can Play Some Nice Crosses into the box, Hes got a bit of Pace and Feel he covers in well for Carey and McCombe when the ball slips past them.

He does tend to just punt the ball up the park alot compared to the fast flowing on the ground football we like to play.

I think Saturday he was just a little rusty and will pick up his performances in the next few games

McCallister was poor again tonight. There was one time in the 2nd half when he ran the ball out of play and failed to get back in time giving the Peterborough winger a free run and cross which luckily came to nothing. We need better I think.

Also set up Carey tonight with a sublime cross :noexpression:

McCallister was poor again tonight. There was one time in the 2nd half when he ran the ball out of play and failed to get back in time giving the Peterborough winger a free run and cross which luckily came to nothing. We need better I think.

is there any players actually at the club that you rate............seems like you have problems with all of them

is there any players actually at the club that you rate............seems like you have problems with all of them

I like loads of players thanks. I think we have two excellent keepers- Weale and Basso. Fontaine, Carey and Orr are very good defenders. Elliott and McIndoe are top notch. And I really rate Brooker and Maynard.

I can see that Williams may be a handy player too on tonights evidence.

Thanks for your concern though.

Did you think the side look better balanced with Williams in the side, and did he offer a bit of creativity in the second half ?

Yes it did actually. He looks a lot better in the middle of the pitch when he is able to cut in from the side. He also helped Skuse when he came on.

Perhaps at Blackpool he struggled with the small pitch as he didn't have any room to cut in.

Yes it did actually. He looks a lot better in the middle of the pitch when he is able to cut in from the side. He also helped Skuse when he came on.

Perhaps at Blackpool he struggled with the small pitch as he didn't have any room to cut in.

I agree. I thought Williams looked pretty good when he came on. He looked quick, creative and like you said he did help out Skuse a lot. He's like a fit David Noble.

Archived