IGNORED

Webster Signs (merged)

BITW

Here..

Skysports.com understands Bristol City are closing in on the signing of Rangers defender Andy Webster.

The Championship club have made a move for the Scotland international after losing Jamie McCombe to injury.

McCombe faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after fracturing his cheekbone in Saturday's draw with Derby and Robins boss Gary Johnson is keen to bring in Webster to fill the void.

Motherwell have also enquired about taking Webster on loan, but City hope to lure the former Wigan man to Ashton Gate.

Rangers are willing to loan out the 26-year-old as he looks to get some regular action under his belt.

Webster was restricted to just one appearance for Rangers last season and a loan move would suit both City and the Ibrox outfit.

Is your reliable source skysports.com?

Skysports.com understands Bristol City are closing in on the signing of Rangers defender Andy Webster.

The Championship club have made a move for the Scotland international after losing Jamie McCombe to injury.

McCombe faces up to six weeks on the sidelines after fracturing his cheekbone in Saturday's draw with Derby and Robins boss Gary Johnson is keen to bring in Webster to fill the void.

Motherwell have also enquired about taking Webster on loan, but City hope to lure the former Wigan man to Ashton Gate.

Rangers are willing to loan out the 26-year-old as he looks to get some regular action under his belt.

Webster was restricted to just one appearance for Rangers last season and a loan move would suit both City and the Ibrox outfit.

Hmmm, Good signing,

Traditinal Centre Half, played at Hearts with Jamie McAllister and LJ, no doubt they have had a word with him,

Motherwell also interested......fingers cross Jamie can get him down here.

bit injury prone, but good enough for 6 weeks or so....

My mate is a huge Rangers fan and he just mailed me abotu this. Aparently thoguh he has hardly kicked a ball for rangers and gets injured a lot. Can anyone find out any facts to prove/disprove this?

My mate is a huge Rangers fan and he just mailed me abotu this. Aparently thoguh he has hardly kicked a ball for rangers and gets injured a lot. Can anyone find out any facts to prove/disprove this?

he had 1 start for Rangers last season apparently, might not tell the whole story but he's probably not the answer really, I guess as cover he could be ok

Thats about right lets sign a bloke who cant get a game..........makes sence to me...... :disapointed2se:

He's had three majorish injuries in the last eighteen months - two on the same knee and an ankle ligament injury. The latest knee injury sounds similar to the problems Brooker had last year with an old cartilage injury flaring up again. There's a little snippet here.

Reckon he'd be an excellent signing for us at this level though and has a decent pedigree whilst being a good age.

He's had three majorish injuries in the last eighteen months - two on the same knee and an ankle ligament injury. The latest knee injury sounds similar to the problems Brooker had last year with an old cartilage injury flaring up again. There's a little snippet here.

Reckon he'd be an excellent signing for us at this level though and has a decent pedigree whilst being a good age.

At the end of the day if we were buying him then thats a different story, but on loan theres no risk really

found this......

Webster missed the rest of the 2006-07 season due to an injury suffered during his first training session with Rangers. He made his debut in a post-season friendly match in May 2007, against LA Galaxy at the Home Depot Center, coming on as a substitute for Karl Svensson.

On June 29, 2007, Webster's loan deal at Rangers was extended to last until January 2008.[4] He made his first official appearance for Rangers in September that year, scoring in a win 4-0 home win against newly promoted Gretna.[5] Shortly after this match he was sidelined with an ankle injury and then it was revealed that he would be out until the new year after further surgery on his previously injured knee.[6] On June 9, 2008, Webster's loan deal from Wigan Athletic was made permanent for an undisclosed fee.[7]

Recent reports have linked Webster with a loan move to Motherwell FC.

great.......

hopefully he is fit..........no idea if he is a good signing or not, but at least he is experienced....

suppose it was that or getting Keith Millen to put his boots back on.....

now for a goal scorer creative midfielder please..........

........on the downside......he's wearing a hoodie.....yuk

Do you think he was on GJ's list of targets or is he someone to just fill the void whilst Mcombe is out?

I think he must of been at least in the thoughts of johnson as he has worked pretty quick to get him in, it is only two days since mccombe got injured so he must of at least considered it before..

Well done to Gary for acting quickly on this, as webster will now have a full week of training with us to prepare for coventry... lets hope all works out for us and the player :fingerscrossed:

Archived