IGNORED

Crewe Alexandra

westred1

Crewe aren't exactly the best of sides and struggle to hold their own in League 1, so if you were GJ, would you play a strong 11 for the cup game against Crewe in order to progress further into the competition.

Or

Put a reserve team out so key players are rested.

What sort of team would you play?

They are no mugs and won't just roll over for us ;

Weale

Wilson Webster Fontaine McAllister

Sproule Noble Skuse McIndoe

Maynard Trundle

Murray on for Sproule

Brooker on for Maynard

Williams on for Noble

Rest for Basso, Carey, Orr, Johnson and Adebola for the QPR game.

As GJ says - we have a second first team.

Not far off here Cynic and me thinks Murray may well start ??

Looking at a close game with the boost they had saturday .

Take 1-0 with no more injury worries . :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: Why be greedy .

Weale

Orr Webster Fontaine

Wilson Noble Skuse Murray

Brooker Adebola Trundle

Subs: Henderson, Carey, Sproule, Mcindoe, Johnson

It's a cup game hence the 3-4-3,

Gary hasn't got much to lose really so If I were him I'd play attacking try and get the strikers goals to boost their confidence

let Weale have a run out for experience and Henderson instead of Basso (again incase of injury for experience) rest 1st teamers Mcindoe, Sproule,

Carey and Johnson but put them on the bench just incase

Isn't a sizeable percentage of our current( amazing) acheivement down to the fact that even throughout last season and into this new one, teams, other fans, managers, pundits etc keep writing us off as the under dogs? may long it continue!

My point is, if we flip this on its head and under estimate and lack the appropriate level of respect for Crewe, they will quite likely turn us over.

Winning is a great habit and whatever the game/competition, we MUST play to win. get the job done then make changes during the game is fine. To be so cocky as to play a reserve side probably could and would cost us the chance of playing the mancs or arsenal etc in round 3.

Rob

• Admin
Isn't a sizeable percentage of our current( amazing) acheivement down to the fact that even throughout last season and into this new one, teams, other fans, managers, pundits etc keep writing us off as the under dogs? may long it continue!

My point is, if we flip this on its head and under estimate and lack the appropriate level of respect for Crewe, they will quite likely turn us over.

Winning is a great habit and whatever the game/competition, we MUST play to win. get the job done then make changes during the game is fine. To be so cocky as to play a reserve side probably could and would cost us the chance of playing the mancs' or arsenal's youth team etc in round 3.

Rob

Edited to reflect Wenger & SAF's disdain for this competition.....except of course the year MU won f all else.

The only thing I would change going into this game is to give Brooker and Trunds a start up front. Brooker deserves a start and the game today is a good opportunity to give him one, whilst its also a good chance for Trunds to get his first (proper) game of the season. He ended last season well and I think it would be interesting to see how he does tonight.

Well we know for a fact that Weale will start, GJ told us that prior to the Coventry game. And we also know how important GJ and Landsdown take this competition too.

You know what? I think he'll start exactly the same outfield 10 as he did at Coventry. Go and win the game, then rest a few of the key players. To start strongly and earn your rest will be the message imo. Brooker, Sproule and Webster will probably all get more significant game time, as long as we're winning. Therefore...

Weale

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Wilson Johnson Skuse McIndoe

Maynard Adebola

Sproule, Brooker, Noble, Webster, Trundle, Williams, Basso.

I'd change a few if it was me, but i'd guess GJ would go for the above.

Well we know for a fact that Weale will start, GJ told us that prior to the Coventry game. And we also know how important GJ and Landsdown take this competition too.

You know what? I think he'll start exactly the same outfield 10 as he did at Coventry. Go and win the game, then rest a few of the key players. To start strongly and earn your rest will be the message imo. Brooker, Sproule and Webster will probably all get more significant game time, as long as we're winning. Therefore...

Weale

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

Wilson Johnson Skuse McIndoe

Maynard Adebola

Sproule, Brooker, Noble, Webster, Trundle, Williams, Basso.

I'd change a few if it was me, but i'd guess GJ would go for the above.

Spot on - give the man a gold star!!

Archived