IGNORED

Crewe Alexandra

westred1

I hate this cup competition. It's pointless and meaningless.

I would never have played any of the XI that started at Coventry on Saturday for the exact reason that a key player may get injured in a shite competition. Had a horrible feeling that Maynard would be the one getting a nasty knock tonight though, not McAllister. Left-back now becomes a priority.

Guest bigboydolman

Are you saying Maynard ain't good enough ?

I wasn't convinced against Peterboro or Derby but early days.

anyone just seen Morrison's goal ? I would have liked him to be honest and he was a free transfer.

Because he is very good at it and kind of delivers what we need - goals.

So far he has grabbed one, and anyone could have scored it.

I'm sorry but the lad has shown very little. I know its early days but having a player who doesn't do anything except wait for the odd rebound or the rare one on one, you can't really afford. Trundle should have been playing in this tonight, he is getting his nose pushed out of place for a player who has barely touched the ball in a city shirt. Excuse me for not believing but when your 1-0 down you need players to be creative and get involved, something Maynard doesn't seem to be able to do.

Are you saying Maynard ain't good enough ?

I wasn't convinced against Peterboro or Derby but early days.

anyone just seen Morrison's goal ? I would have liked him to be honest and he was a free transfer.

Without sounding too negative, but from what I've seen in 3 games I've watched and from what it sounds like listening to the radio, that is precisely what I'm saying. If you don't get service you don't get goals. But there is no point waiting for service which aint happening, unless you're capable of doing something yourself then you are not capable of changing a game, that is my early impressions of Maynard.

Apart from his glorious hat trick in an exhibition match which means nothing, he has been very disappointing.

I'm sorry but the lad has shown very little. I know its early days but having a player who doesn't do anything except wait for the odd rebound or the rare one on one, you can't really afford. Trundle should have been playing in this tonight, he is getting his nose pushed out of place for a player who has barely touched the ball in a city shirt. Excuse me for not believing but when your 1-0 down you need players to be creative and get involved, something Maynard doesn't seem to be able to do.

Thats it, give the lad a chance. :fastasleep:

Guest bigboydolman

you'll get roasted for that !! but I probably agree, Trundle should have played with brooker tonight. Maynard needs to improve or he could me a very costly mistake.

He's a poacher, fox in the box therefore the majority of his goals will be in positions that 'anyone could have scored' the point is you have to be in that position to score in the first place. Owen's header for Newcastle on Saturday is a prime example of this!

I'm not doubting the lads natural scoring ability and in a game your constantly attacking and running defence ragged you need him there to finsih, but in a game you're chasing and not getting much room, you need players who can get the ball and do something with it, or produce a bit of quality. Maynard just isn't that player.

If Trundle doesn't come on tonight, I fear we wont be seeing him much this season. Maynard may not be totally settled yet and thats understandable but leaving a player who just isn't getting in the game on the field, is a dangerous mistake and theorectically you are only playing with ten men.

Ah but you miss the point- anyone coudn't have scored it. We were missing that kind of chance last season because we didn't have a poacher.

You don't score 11 goals in 7 games without having something.

I thought he played well Saturday- chased down well and almost scored twice.

A lot more to come I would say too.

Brilliant, what a footie genius brain you must have..so, maynard only scores on the odd rebound.. Must re-visit the 3 goals in the friendly, plus all of his Crewe goals to look. Out of interest, and on the basis you are not in Crewe, how many games have you seen him play?

I'm not doubting the lads natural scoring ability and in a game your constantly attacking and running defence ragged you need him there to finsih, but in a game you're chasing and not getting much room, you need players who can get the ball and do something with it, or produce a bit of quality. Maynard just isn't that player.

If Trundle doesn't come on tonight, I fear we wont be seeing him much this season. Maynard may not be totally settled yet and thats understandable but leaving a player who just isn't getting in the game on the field, is a dangerous mistake and theorectically you are only playing with ten men.

And sometimes you need a player who can be abscent for 88 minutes but then get an all important goal like he did against Derby simply be having a scorers instinct. That's the point his job isn't to come looking for the ball but find space where the ball will find him.

Ah but you miss the point- anyone coudn't have scored it. We were missing that kind of chance last season because we didn't have a poacher.

You don't score 11 goals in 7 games without having something.

I thought he played well Saturday- chased down well and almost scored twice.

A lot more to come I would say too.

Not sounding smart but he scored 11 in 7 in league one, now whilst I appreciate he is a good player, you wont get that sort of space in our league. He did play okay on Sat but his chances came on counter attacks, Crewe will sit back here and have already marked him out the game. I'm sure the orders were tonight to not give him an inch. End of the day Crewe know his weakness' and know how to get him out the game, and thats what they will do.

I'm not saying he should be dropped, I'm saying he should be subbed as he has no presence in this evenings game, and they are completely putting him out the game.

Archived