IGNORED

City V Birmingham

SUPER REDS

We have done really great again to start and unbeaten and fourth,but against Birmingham who probably going to be a top two contender City have to show the same quality and beat Birmingham to be a top two contender this season.

I am sure the lads can do it with a great crowd behind them all the time from the start

We have done really great again to start and unbeaten and fourth,but against Birmingham who probably going to be a top two contender City have to show the same quality and beat Birmingham to be a top two contender this season.

I am sure the lads can do it with a great crowd behind them all the time from the start

We are 5th, QPR passed in front of us Sunday.

Yes I agree that it would be good to send a message to all the other clubs by beating brum tuesday.

All of the games that Birmingham have been won by 1 goal and they looked awful in one of those games against Sheffield Utd. We'll take them to the cleaners tomorrow with a packed gate, a superb atmosphere and 11 hard working players like the first half of Derby. We need to treat it like a 'TV game' I think and really believe we can beat them. If we can do all of that, the least we'll get is another point in my opinion.

Why?

What makes Birmingham City so special ! Other than Phillips I don't fear them at all. Keep him quiet and we'll win!

Ummm. Their Team,

Phillips is only the start of our problems, christ where to start.

The have probably the Best Manager in the Division.

They came down, but haven't really lost any players top players and have signed up Phillips and Marcus Bent, who will both score lots at this level,

They also have players such as Martin Taylor, Ridgewell, Seb Larsson, JAMES MCFADDEN, Nafti, Frank Queudrue who are all VERY GOOD players most of which should be playing in the Prem.

That's not even mentioning the likes of Lee Carsley, Garry O'Connor, Cameron Jerome, Maik Taylor, paranby, Damien Johnson.

they have without doubt the best squad in this division, an great coaching team and are basically apart from their league position a prem club, if they don't get 100 points this season I'd be very suprised, I'd say they have a better team than any of the promoted 3 have NOW.

I'd be DELIGHTED with a point!

Alex McLeish got them relegated so he has lots to prove, to claim he's the best manager in the CCC is yet to be seen!

They came down, but haven't really lost any players top players and have signed up Phillips and Marcus Bent, who will both score lots at this level,

They also have players such as Martin Taylor, Ridgewell, Seb Larsson, JAMES MCFADDEN, Nafti, Frank Queudrue who are all VERY GOOD players most of which should be playing in the Prem.

I'm fully aware of who Birmingham have in their squad- nevertheless thanks!

Funny you say these players should be in the Premier League as thats exactly where they were last season until they were relegated for not being good enough so thats kinds of pisses on that fire!

That's not even mentioning the likes of Lee Carsley, Garry O'Connor, Cameron Jerome, Maik Taylor, paranby, Damien Johnson.

More footballers names. Thanks again!

they have without doubt the best squad in this division, an great coaching team and are basically apart from their league position a prem club, if they don't get 100 points this season I'd be very suprised, I'd say they have a better team than any of the promoted 3 have NOW.

You keep harping on about how they're a prem club with Prem this and Prem that except where it matters....on the pitch. You actaully come across as a little infatuated with them.

i'd be DELIGHTED with a point!

If we take a point happy days but I wouldn't take that now, we have every chance of turning them over as if you read the match reports they are not playing well, lucky to win at home to Donny on Saturday by all accounts.

I have feeling it will be a very good night for us tomorrow!

I hope Brum, bouyed by thier great start come to AG brimming with confidence and adopt a 'gung ho' approach. City always play well on the break at AG and with McIndoe and Wilson (if he's fit) providing pace down the wings Maynard and Adebola could be in for some great chances...

Bugger... :fastasleep: time to wake up......

I predict a tight game with few chances. 1-1 is my prediction.

Alex McLeish got them relegated so he has lots to prove, to claim he's the best manager in the CCC is yet to be seen!

I'm fully aware of who Birmingham have in their squad- nevertheless thanks!

Funny you say these players should be in the Premier League as thats exactly where they were last season until they were relegated for not being good enough so thats kinds of pisses on that fire!

More footballers names. Thanks again!

You keep harping on about how they're a prem club with Prem this and Prem that except where it matters....on the pitch. You actaully come across as a little infatuated with them.

If we take a point happy days but I wouldn't take that now, we have every chance of turning them over as if you read the match reports they are not playing well, lucky to win at home to Donny on Saturday by all accounts.

I have feeling it will be a very good night for us tomorrow!

Yes, they were relegated with him as the manager but it was another mans team then, simple fact is that as this level they have a HELL of a squad, not just a first team and considering them "only having Kevin Phillips" is showing them a complete and utter lack of respect, something that I'm sure GJ won't be doing.

Simply they have a team that is more than capable of walking this league and a management team that tactically and experience wise is probably the best in division, considering his management past I'm sure he's not going to find this level too tough......it's like saying Arense Wenger is unproven at this level.....

You say they are not playing very well, but they still won, considering their position in the table it doesn't matter how they play, many a time last season we didn't play well, but got the points, it just shows what a good team we are, the problem is considering our home form at the moment, another draw is a HIGHLY likely result

Ummm. Their Team,

Phillips is only the start of our problems, christ where to start.

I'd be DELIGHTED with a point!

After that big build up for Brum, I'd be delighted to come away losing only 1-0!

Brum fans don't sound too positive.

It's nice (still getting used to it) to hear this kind of attitude towards us, as though we should be feared.

I think while we are capable of turning them over, they will feel the same and will perhaps have a point to prove against last year's Championship [kind of]success story [that's us, by the way]

I hereby predict 2-1 to us.

I think Blues will be there for the taking tomorrow. They are undoubtedly a good side but a Blues mate of mine says that they haven't really played well apart from Saints away this season. He thinks that they it is only the fact that they have such individual quality in the team that has seen them through the first few games so well, rather than the overall performance of the team. They are beatable and that's what counts, and with our confidence as high as it currently is i can see it going only one way.

Therefore i go for 1-0 City. Maynard.

Considering his management past I'm sure he's not going to find this level too tough......it's like saying Arense Wenger is unproven at this level.....

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 12 years and won loads he has a proven track record at Premier league level as where McLeish doesn't hence my original comment.

Wenger Premier league Record;

Premier League (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

FA Cup (4): 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005

FA Community Shield (4): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

Manager of the Year (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

Runner-up

UEFA Champions League (1): 2006

Premier League (5): 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005

FA Cup (1): 2001

League Cup (1): 2007

FA Community Shield (2): 2003, 2005

UEFA Cup (1): 2000

McLeish Premier league record;

Birmingham City FC relegated.

Regardless if it was his team or not he was appointed in November 2007 so he had plenty of time to turn things around and keep them up but didn't have the ability to do it.

I feel you'll have to concede that was a silly and bad comparison to make. :farmer:

I hope Brum, bouyed by thier great start come to AG brimming with confidence and adopt a 'gung ho' approach. City always play well on the break at AG and with McIndoe and Wilson (if he's fit) providing pace down the wings Maynard and Adebola could be in for some great chances...

Bugger... :fastasleep: time to wake up......

I predict a tight game with few chances. 1-1 is my prediction.

I disagree. The majority of sides come to the gate fully aware that they are going to have to work their socks off to leave with anything. They defend fairly deep and try and get men behind the ball at the earliest opportunity. Its why we struggle a lot of the time to break teams down, why we always have plenty of possesion while teams are happy for us to knock it around the half way line.

Birmingham may well have a strong squad but they do still have a shrewd manager, regardless of the fact he`s just been relegated from the Prem, and i don`t see them running out over confident and gung ho. I expect another passionate hard fought game and probably another draw.

PDG

Wenger has been at Arsenal for 12 years and won loads he has a proven track record at Premier league level as where McLeish doesn't hence my original comment.

Wenger Premier league Record;

Premier League (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

FA Cup (4): 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005

FA Community Shield (4): 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

Manager of the Year (3): 1998, 2002, 2004

Runner-up

UEFA Champions League (1): 2006

Premier League (5): 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005

FA Cup (1): 2001

League Cup (1): 2007

FA Community Shield (2): 2003, 2005

UEFA Cup (1): 2000

McLeish Premier league record;

Birmingham City FC relegated.

Regardless if it was his team or not he was appointed in November 2007 so he had plenty of time to turn things around and keep them up but didn't have the ability to do it.

I feel you'll have to concede that was a silly and bad comparison to make. :farmer:

point is, Wenger's never managed in the championship, the main point in that he's been a very good manager wherever he's been in his career, just because he's not managed in the championship doesn't make him a bad manager, but as ever you totally miss the point. the fact is.....he's without doubt one of the best managers in this divsion, only a idiot would disagree with this point.....as you have proven.

yessir was right.

point is, Wenger's never managed in the championship, the main point in that he's been a very good manager wherever he's been in his career, just because he's not managed in the championship doesn't make him a bad manager, but as ever you totally miss the point. the fact is.....he's without doubt one of the best managers in this divsion, only a idiot would disagree with this point.....as you have proven.

yessir was right.

Having trouble admitting when your wrong again. :icecream:

You made a daft and completely irrelevant comparison between Wenger and McLeish and rather than admit you got that one wrong you've decided to start throwing the insults around :clapping: Well done you- how predictable you are!

He's without doubt one of the best managers in this divsion, only a idiot would disagree with this point.....as you have proven.

I don't agree with you, he has the potential to be a good manager but he's achieved nothing to date. That's a fact! How can you tell me he's one of the best managers when all he has to show from his time in England is a relegation? If he fails to get Birmingham promoted this season his reputation will be tarnished even further. It's beyond me why you're so desperate to blow smoke up everything Birmingham related?

Why start calling people idiots for holding a different view point. So unnecessary :closedeyes:

You made a daft and completely irrelevant comparison between Wenger and McLeish and rather than admit you got that one wrong you've decided to start throwing the insults around :clapping: Well done you- how predictable you are!

I don't agree with you, he has the potential to be a good manager but he's achieved nothing to date. That's a fact! How can you tell me he's one of the best managers when all he has to show from his time in England is a relegation? If he fails to get Birmingham promoted this season his reputation will be tarnished even further. It's beyond me why you're so desperate to blow smoke up everything Birmingham related?

Why start calling people idiots for holding a different view point. So unnecessary :closedeyes:

I agree with Seend here. McLeish is far from the best manager in the championship in my opinion. I guess time will tell but IMO Gary Johnson is by far the best manager in the championship at the moment but like I said we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

the comparsion was simple and you totally fail to understand it, you said that McLeish isn't a good manager, as he hasn't managed at this level, and I made the comparsion that neither has Wenger, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good manager.

McLeish has done well in Scotland, but more importantly at International leve, he's still in my eyes without doubt one of the best managers at this level, his record speaks for itself, for for tarnishing his repuation further?? how has he tarnished it, he took over a previously promoted team that was built by another man, Brum were going down regardless of him, it's like blaming Jewell for Derby's relegation, he didn't stand a chance.....

oh and congrats for replying to the same post twice??? :dunno: sums it up for me

I guess time will tell but IMO Gary Johnson is by far the best manager in the championship at the moment but like I said we'll see what happens tomorrow night.

disagree with that too, Steve Coppell is the best manager in this division I'd so, take of those tinted glasses,

personally speaking look at some of the managers in this division, GJ isn't far from the top, but is still behind Coppell, Mcleish, Warnock (unforunately) and probably even Paul Jewell, that is based on their managerial records, not a one sided view. GJ is up there with the best though and not far between those 4.

I disagree. The majority of sides come to the gate fully aware that they are going to have to work their socks off to leave with anything. They defend fairly deep and try and get men behind the ball at the earliest opportunity. Its why we struggle a lot of the time to break teams down, why we always have plenty of possesion while teams are happy for us to knock it around the half way line.

Birmingham may well have a strong squad but they do still have a shrewd manager, regardless of the fact he`s just been relegated from the Prem, and i don`t see them running out over confident and gung ho. I expect another passionate hard fought game and probably another draw.

PDG

You obviously missed the fantasy wish in my thread.

the comparsion was simple and you totally fail to understand it, you said that McLeish isn't a good manager, as he hasn't managed at this level, and I made the comparsion that neither has Wenger, but that doesn't mean he isn't a good manager.

Wrong again. I understood the point you were trying to make but it was daft and didn't hold much water. Until McLeish achieves something in ENGLAND the jury is out for me on how good he really is! Let me honest the SPL is hardly a competitive league!

McLeish has done well in Scotland, but more importantly at International leve, he's still in my eyes without doubt one of the best managers at this level, his record speaks for itself,

You really do make me smile. He was in charge of Scotland for 10 months and then left when he failed to get them qualified. Another failure against his name to go with the relegation the season after. Yep great manager :laugh: Just because he won a hat full with Rangers mean little as the old firm are so far ahead of the rest, I think even Trollope would do well up there. (okay maybe I'm getting carried away but you get the point)

for for tarnishing his repuation further?? how has he tarnished it, he took over a previously promoted team that was built by another man, Brum were going down regardless of him, it's like blaming Jewell for Derby's relegation, he didn't stand a chance.....

If a manager gets his team relegated and fails to get his bunch qualifyed for a tournament it's not going to enhance his reputation is it?

There you go again making completely ridiculous comparisons, Derby- the worst Premier League side ever to grace the Premier League were doomed before they started, they should of been given lethal injections to put them out of their misery. It was so cruel to watch them suffer like they did. Birmingham were a completely different kettle of fish, they had a fighting chance to say up , in fact they ended up being 1 point short as there goal difference was siginificantly better than the teams in and around them. Another crap comparison. you keep them coming.

oh and congrats for replying to the same post twice??? :dunno: sums it up for me

You patronising tool. the first part was a general reply to the whole post, the second part was a specific reply to that part of the post. I assumed you'd understand that and it wouldn't need explaining :innocent06:

Enjoy the match tonight :fingerscrossed:

disagree with that too, Steve Coppell is the best manager in this division I'd so, take of those tinted glasses,

personally speaking look at some of the managers in this division, GJ isn't far from the top, but is still behind Coppell, Mcleish, Warnock (unforunately) and probably even Paul Jewell, that is based on their managerial records, not a one sided view. GJ is up there with the best though and not far between those 4.

Coppell yes, at least until GJ gets us promoted.

Mcleish, Warnock and Jewell? No way on earth.

Wrong again. I understood the point you were trying to make but it was daft and didn't hold much water. Until McLeish achieves something in ENGLAND the jury is out for me on how good he really is! Let me honest the SPL is hardly a competitive league!

maybe for you, but not for many others.....which says it all

You really do make me smile. He was in charge of Scotland for 10 months and then left when he failed to get them qualified. Another failure against his name to go with the relegation the season after. Yep great manager :laugh: Just because he won a hat full with Rangers mean little as the old firm are so far ahead of the rest, I think even Trollope would do well up there. (okay maybe I'm getting carried away but you get the point)

If a manager gets his team relegated and fails to get his bunch qualifyed for a tournament it's not going to enhance his reputation is it?

yep, because failing to qualify for an international tournament when in a group with Italy and France is such a failure, the fact that he took Scotland to the final group game in their group before missing our definately enchanced his reputation, it's not his success with Rangers that counts, though you still have to beat Celtic to the title his other spells in scotland as well and his career as a whole

There you go again making completely ridiculous comparisons, Derby- the worst Premier League side ever to grace the Premier League were doomed before they started, they should of been given lethal injections to put them out of their misery. It was so cruel to watch them suffer like they did. Birmingham were a completely different kettle of fish, they had a fighting chance to say up , in fact they ended up being 1 point short as there goal difference was siginificantly better than the teams in and around them. Another crap comparison. you keep them coming.

The Derby Comparsion is totally relevant, both teams came up and neither stood a good chance of staying up, and neither did despite the fact that Brum had a better team than derby.

You patronising tool. the first part was a general reply to the whole post, the second part was a specific reply to that part of the post. I assumed you'd understand that and it wouldn't need explaining :innocent06:

then perhaps you shouldn't replied in that way,

Enjoy the match tonight :fingerscrossed:

Ummm. Their Team,

He's not even the best manager at Birmingham City.

Inherited a good team from Walter at Rangers, was absolutely woeful and was sacked.

Inherited a good team from Walter at Scotland and was there for about 10 games, took all of Walters credit and then left.

Then took over at Brum and they went down.

• Admin
I'd have to agree I think Birmingham are the favourites by some distance and I'd be amazed if they didn't win the league. After that there are probably 10 or so sides who fancy their chances. Nothing decided after 4 games Mr Wolf.

Why?

What makes Birmingham City so special ! Other than Phillips I don't fear them at all. Keep him quiet and we'll win!

Aren't you the clever one Madger! :smartass:

The post you have trawled for was in reply to Mr Wolf who was a tad anoying bragging about his team start! I felt the need to tell him his team weren't the best in the league and there was a long way to go. I possibly exaggerated my point about Birmingham to shut Wolfie up.

I hope this explanation sits okay with you and entitles me to continue having my say on this thread :rolleyes:

maybe for you, but not for many others.....which says it all

Interesting no one has agreed with you on this thread so far! other than Madger with is childish point scoring exercise!

You may think you hold the popular opinion but the reality is your on your own bud :tumbleweed:

Archived