IGNORED

Dolman Stand Becoming A Joke

terjon

I hope this thread dosnt get moved.

I am a season ticket holder in the DOLMAN and it is a joke.

Last night once again people arriving late.......getting up all the time and leaving early before half time and coming back late for the second half, then leaving early to get home........

It was like Temple Meads Railway station last night, people moving about all the time..

I know you get people on here who thinks its not ok to complain, but this really is annoying when you are trying to watch the game, I would love to film the dolman just to show people the view from my seat and then people might start to see how annoying this is.

I'm going to ask the club if I can swap to the williams.......

:disapointed2se:

Last night once again people arriving late.......getting up all the time and leaving early before half time and coming back late for the second half, then leaving early to get home........

It was like Temple Meads Railway station last night, people moving about all the time..

I know you get people on here who thinks its not ok to complain, but this really is annoying when you are trying to watch the game, I would love to film the dolman just to show people the view from my seat and then people might start to see how annoying this is.

woah there, lets not go crazy!

williams = :tumbleweed:

I know it must be terrible mate. Have you also noticed that when we score people make to much noise, stand up so you can't see and also they bang their hands together all at the same time, makes such a racket! Damn football fans, who do they think they are!!! :coat:

and video all the other stands too? and see just as many people get up and go for a p!ss/ some grub in those, but as there are 8 or 9 exits in each it doesnt require you to walk across the stand.

the williams would definatley be better suited to you couldnt imagine you in the east end all that standing up... disgusting :noexpression:

Mate, i'm with you 100%, it really pi@@es me off too. i don't mind having to stand up, but it makes it hard to watch the end of the match and destroys the atmosphere. Have these people got such important lives that 10 minutes either way makes such a difference?

I listened to the game on World last night being an exile, and the commentator was shocked when he saw people were leaving the Dolman with 5 minutes to go of an exciting match.

He even said these early leavers "can't be proper football fans" (his exact words)

I sit in the Dolman and I leave early.

I have to get from Ashton Gate to Temple Meads in time to get my last train home. If I stay 'till the end, it usually takes me 20minutes + to get out of the Dolman, by which point, I usually end up missing the training and then having to pay for a hotel for the night.

Therefore, I'll leave when I want - and there is nothing you can do about it.

So nah!

yes fans will get up early because it takes agess to get out if they want food nothing wrong with that and if they have to get out early then I don't see whats wrong either.It takes ages to get out so I can't blame them really. Yes it's annoying but most of the problem is the two exits out of the stand.

I listened to the game on World last night being an exile, and the commentator was shocked when he saw people were leaving the Dolman with 5 minutes to go of an exciting match.

He even said these early leavers "can't be proper football fans" (his exact words)

Sitting in the Williams, I was staggered at the number of people streaming out of the Dolman with a good ten minutes to go and City piling on the pressure for an equaliser. I'm not going to say that they "aren't proper football fans" but it is baffling as to why so many people are so keen to leave so early.

and video all the other stands too? and see just as many people get up and go for a p!ss/ some grub in those, but as there are 8 or 9 exits in each it doesnt require you to walk across the stand.

the williams would definatley be better suited to you couldnt imagine you in the east end all that standing up... disgusting :noexpression:

I did watch the other stands, 2 blokes in the williams walking about with high vis jackets on ( stewards) there was not constant moving about or everybody leaving before the end......... Its not about the exits, thats a load of old bollox, I sit in the stand I don't arrive late, go for a piss every 15 mins and I don't leave early. I also clap and sing and stand up when we score or nearly score.........

so I'm fed up with people making piss poor excuses for what is basically a lack of bloody respect..........Its about time BRistol City FC sorted it out

I have to get from Ashton Gate to Temple Meads in time to get my last train home. If I stay 'till the end, it usually takes me 20minutes + to get out of the Dolman, by which point, I usually end up missing the training and then having to pay for a hotel for the night.

So nah!

don't come then .........

so nah.......

and i watched the other 2 stands when we conceded our second and people were streaming into the exits for a bite to eat.

you go on about the 2 exits not being an excuse, when obviously it is, also it was a night match so plenty of peole need to get home, my dad had a night shift so left a little bit early, my mate always has to leave a bit early because they need to be home for when his lil sister gets in .... thats just the people i know, so I'm sure the 100 or so people who leave early also have excuses

your constant moaning about the dolman is getting really tiresome, take your own advise and sit in the williams or better still ###### off to whorefield

The Basic problem is the design of the stand. Not enough turnstyles and the are position in the wrong place.

It takes to long to get to you seat once you waited an age to get in.

People leave early so they can get into the bar because its first come first severd to get in, then it take a age to get back to your seat.

At the end of the match It have took me 15 min to get out if you sit at the back.

Its not the fault of the fans its just an out dated stand.

don't come then .........

so nah.......

ooh i know lets get a stand just for terjon, all the fans who live outside of bristol but don't moan like a little girl yet still pay there money shouldnt attend matches so this little sad old man can watch his so called "team" in peace.... there is a place in bristol where you can watch football on your own... the mem. do us all a favour

you really are a pathetic old moron :) really boring as well

I think it would be a brilliant idea if the dolman was filled up with people who don't want to leave or arrive late...They could leave A block and G block empty and all the people who request seats for arriving late and leaving early... the rest of us can then enjoy the game.........

So nah!

bloody hell, where do you live? aberdeen?

How is that relevant?

For those not living in Bristol, the entire process of watching City play can take hours and hours from your day.

When I was living in Swindon it took about 6 hours!

So in those cases, leaving 2 mins early to catch an earlier train is reasonable.

I know BristolRob, and believe me, he does not live up to his name! He really does live in the centre of nowhere, so needs to make sure he gets his train.

He doesn't leave early, he just makes sure he gets to the front so that he can get out straight after the final whistle. I don't think this is very wrong, and he certainly shouldn't be labelled as a crap fan because of it.

I usually make my way to the front too, but for some reason I didn't do this last night. I sit at the back of block B, and I checked my watch at full time and it said 9.37. By the time I got out of the stand it was 9.46. That's 9 minutes to exit the ground. If Rob was still with me, he'd have missed his train and had to pay £50 for a hotel, or more for a taxi.

I think we ought to stop this nonsense about the Dolman (someone on another thread said all they could hear last night was boo's and moaning! They couldn't hear us singing, but they could hear us moaning, apparently??)

I myself had to get up for a slash during the 1st half (sorry, but 4 pre-match pints, and only 1 pre-match wazz just didn't do the trick!) I'm sure I didn't spoil anyone's day. But I may have done had I pissed myself! :rain:

I'll support my team exactly how I want to. If I want to visit the toilet, I will. If I want to arrive just in time for kick off, I will. If I want to get to the front for the end, in order to get out in 1 minute rather than 9, I will.

I sit in A block of the dolman right next to the steps so people are up and down all the time, yes people are late and yes people leave early, me included sometimes, but all that happens is if its affecting my view I stand up, then someone behind me stands up and so it goes and no one has a problem with that and we all get on with it. Sometimes we chant and other days not so much but I don't feel like I'm missing out cos it suits me which is why I keep my seat there. If the guy that starts this thread has an issue with it why sit there, its a big enough stadium with plenty of choice! I can't even say as I hear much moaning either - is this just that I'm immune to it or am I getting it wrong - be good to hear other opinions from fellow dolman a/b blockers!

So nah!

I sit in the Dolman and I don't leave early.

I have to get from Ashton Gate to Temple Meads in time for the last train home. If I stay 'till the end, it takes me 10 minutes + to get out of dolman, by which point, I usually end up 5 minutes early for the train.

Therefore, JOHNSON SAYS STAY UNTIL THE END!!!

I sit in the Dolman and I don't leave early.

I have to get from Ashton Gate to Temple Meads in time for the last train home. If I stay 'till the end, it takes me 10 minutes + to get out of dolman, by which point, I usually end up 5 minutes early for the train.

Therefore, JOHNSON SAYS STAY UNTIL THE END!!!

lewis... id expect a much more understanding view from you :disapointed2se:

its not that simple mate and you know it. your at the very front of the Bblock and like you say it takes you ten minutes so what about the 5k sat behind you... ie me, it takes bloomin ages from the back row fella so i ahve sympathy. come and stand with us against donny and youll see

:)

People always arrive late for evening games. The traffic in Bristol is a nightmare, the club ought to give serious consideration to an 8 or 8.30 kick off.

People arrive late in the dolman every game..........Just watch the DOLMAN on sat.......its pathetic

I go to BS3 or the Coopers before every game and you can see regular dolamn stand people in these pubs 2, they stay in the pub till the very last minute and then walk in late to the game..........like I always say, I could turn up late, get up and down every 5 mins, leave early, but I don't because its bloody rude and annoying, the problems in this world are people only think of them selves......hence some of the stupid replies in this thread,

Simple to solve lock the gates at 2.50am people would turn up on time then.....

I do and there are no excuses......

Fine I will take you up on that Jord and I bet I'm still on time for the train!

i will double your bet mate......You will have no probs getting the train.......

At the end of the day these games finish at 4.45pam or 9.30pm on eves, most people could stay to the end.......they don't have anywhere important to go or they wouldn't come in the first place and if the dolman stand is that difficult to exit why don't they but a ticket with easy access so they can turn up late and leave early,,,,,,,,,jobs a goodun

People arrive late in the dolman every game..........Just watch the DOLMAN on sat.......its pathetic

I go to BS3 or the Coopers before every game and you can see regular dolamn stand people in these pubs 2, they stay in the pub till the very last minute and then walk in late to the game..........like I always say, I could turn up late, get up and down every 5 mins, leave early, but I don't because its bloody rude and annoying, the problems in this world are people only think of them selves......hence some of the stupid replies in this thread,

Maybe there is a more deep rooted problem?

Maybe people don't want to go into the ground, sit down in the seat all nice while listening to music being pumped into their ears at a stupid volume.

When they can stay in the pub for a bit longer and enjoy themselves?

Everyone enjoys doing things differently.

Locking the gates at 2.50 in the morning doesnt really give much of us chance to get there...no wonder you're moaning so much if you get there that early.

I know BristolRob, and believe me, he does not live up to his name! He really does live in the centre of nowhere, so needs to make sure he gets his train.

He doesn't leave early, he just makes sure he gets to the front so that he can get out straight after the final whistle. I don't think this is very wrong, and he certainly shouldn't be labelled as a crap fan because of it.

I usually make my way to the front too, but for some reason I didn't do this last night. I sit at the back of block B, and I checked my watch at full time and it said 9.37. By the time I got out of the stand it was 9.46. That's 9 minutes to exit the ground. If Rob was still with me, he'd have missed his train and had to pay £50 for a hotel, or more for a taxi.

I think we ought to stop this nonsense about the Dolman (someone on another thread said all they could hear last night was boo's and moaning! They couldn't hear us singing, but they could hear us moaning, apparently??)

I myself had to get up for a slash during the 1st half (sorry, but 4 pre-match pints, and only 1 pre-match wazz just didn't do the trick!) I'm sure I didn't spoil anyone's day. But I may have done had I pissed myself! :rain:

I'll support my team exactly how I want to. If I want to visit the toilet, I will. If I want to arrive just in time for kick off, I will. If I want to get to the front for the end, in order to get out in 1 minute rather than 9, I will.

Cheers Harry, nice to have someone defend me.

Imagine the fall out if I said on a public forum that I only leave a bit early to ensure I can get to Temple Meads for me last train, but also so I can have a quick pint in the Reckless!

Jesus! I'm sure some people who complain.

Let's keep that detail to ourselves.

Nah na na na Nah!

Archived