IGNORED

Dolman Stand Becoming A Joke

terjon

Cheers Harry, nice to have someone defend me.

Imagine the fall out if I said on a public forum that I only leave a bit early to ensure I can get to Temple Meads for me last train, but also so I can have a quick pint in the Reckless!

Jesus! I'm sure some people who complain.

Let's keep that detail to ourselves.

Nah na na na Nah!

Do you not see that the people who leave early spoil it for every one else ?

Do you not see I'm taking the p*ss?

maybe.. i quoted the wrong post, but it still remains that 5% of people spoil the end of the match for 95% of the fans.

I get people trying to take a short cut by trying to climb over me!!! Spoiling my view of the end of the game.

A lot of people go down to the front of the dolman to wait for the end of the match, standing in front of the small kids in the family enclosure.

We have all paid to watch the game and have the right to watch ALL of it.

if you have a train to catch...... Not my problem, don't spoil my match.

Guest DR DICKNOSE

being a st holder in the atyeo it is quite noticeable the amount of people who leave early in the dolman compared to anywhere else,

which is surprising considering the view in the atyeo!!

but i do agree that when people leave the atyeo there straight back up the steps and not blocking your view of the game,

the dolmans exits are shit!!

no excuse though for leaving early unless were more than 2 goals down!! :innocent06:

?? How does someone leaving early spoil it for everyone else?

You can still see the game can't you?

If we scored a 94th minute winner, the only person who's missed that goal is the one that's left early. That's the chance they take and they accept that. Exactly how would that spoil it for you?

People have their reasons, and it's their choice. Why should you dictate how other people watch their football.

Please enlighten me as to how the whole game is spoilt for you because of someone leaving early. I'd like to hear your reasons.

maybe.. i quoted the wrong post, but it still remains that 5% of people spoil the end of the match for 95% of the fans.

I get people trying to take a short cut by trying to climb over me!!! Spoiling my view of the end of the game.

A lot of people go down to the front of the dolman to wait for the end of the match, standing in front of the small kids in the family enclosure.

We have all paid to watch the game and have the right to watch ALL of it.

if you have a train to catch...... Not my problem, don't spoil my match.

Great shout,

Why don't all the late people and early leavers sit in the EE they can turn up late and sit at the side, leave early and get out easy, surely if you want to leave early you wouldnt sit in the dolman......as everyone keeps saying only 2 exits, Ok I agree, so go and sit somewhere else you people and leave us to watch the game .........please.

<ooooooh, loook at yooooooou>

<pulls hand-bag close to chest>

</ends 'oohing' and hand-bag gesturing>

(I did write a sensible reply, but if can't smile, why should I pander to you?)

Just make sure your handbag dosn't stop me from watching the end of the game.

If we scored a 94th minute winner, the only person who's missed that goal is the one that's left early. That's the chance they take and they accept that. Exactly how would that spoil it for you?

People have their reasons, and it's their choice. Why should you dictate how other people watch their football.

Please enlighten me as to how the whole game is spoilt for you because of someone leaving early. I'd like to hear your reasons.

are you for real, you want us to explain, how fckin annoying it is when people keep getting up..........I'm lost for words mate.

Watch the dolman on saturday .........its a joke.

I sit in row C, so anyone walking out obscures half the pitch. is that reason enough ?

Great shout,

Why don't all the late people and early leavers sit in the EE they can turn up late and sit at the side, leave early and get out easy, surely if you want to leave early you wouldnt sit in the dolman......as everyone keeps saying only 2 exits, Ok I agree, so go and sit somewhere else you people and leave us to watch the game .........please.

I still don't quite understand how your match is spoilt by someone leaving early, going for a wazz, getting down the front at 90 mins?

If I walk past you to get to the toilet, I very much doubt I'd block your view. And if I did, it would for a tenth of a second. Not sure how that spoils yer day?

If I come back from the bar 30 seconds into the 2nd half, how am I blocking your view? Have I ruined your whole day?

If I go to the front on 90 minutes, unless you sit in the very front row then your view will be fine, and if it is slightly impeded, you're well within your rights to (god forbid) stand up.

If you do sit on the front row, then perhaps you might consider moving a couple of rows back, or perhaps you just sit there to purposely get wound up and frustrated so you can complain on here about the way in which people are having themselves a good time.

I think the majority of people in the Dolman really couldn't give a s**t. But there's a few moaners like yourself who think you are better than the rest because you arrive a 2pm and stay til 5pm, without getting out of your seat once. You will never dictate to me how I spend my Saturday afternoon. That's not a 'childish' statement (as you've referenced earlier), it's life.

are you for real, you want us to explain, how fckin annoying it is when people keep getting up..........I'm lost for words mate.

Maybe you ought to be watching the game. Other fans behaviour wouldn't spoil it for you then.

they are all stood in front of you mate, cant see the bloody game, got the picture..........

No, I haven't. If your view is blocked by everyone moving to the front at the end, why not stand up?

It's for 2 minutes at the end of the bloody game FFS. Stand up and enjoy yourself. You never know, you might like it.

No mate, are you for real?????????.

you sound like some sort of wannabe Dictator, telling everyone else where they should or shouldnt sit, when, or what time people should be in their seats, who the hell do you think you are???

I sit in the Dolman, have for years now, I sometimes come in late, I don't need to explain to you why, its got jack to do with you, as do the people who want /need to leave early, that is entirely up to them, I also go down early at half time for a beer, if that doesn't suit you mate, tough, live with it, why do you have to moan about everything!

I still don't quite understand how your match is spoilt by someone leaving early, going for a wazz, getting down the front at 90 mins?

If I walk past you to get to the toilet, I very much doubt I'd block your view. And if I did, it would for a tenth of a second. Not sure how that spoils yer day?

If I come back from the bar 30 seconds into the 2nd half, how am I blocking your view? Have I ruined your whole day?

If I go to the front on 90 minutes, unless you sit in the very front row then your view will be fine, and if it is slightly impeded, you're well within your rights to (god forbid) stand up.

If you do sit on the front row, then perhaps you might consider moving a couple of rows back, or perhaps you just sit there to purposely get wound up and frustrated so you can complain on here about the way in which people are having themselves a good time.

I think the majority of people in the Dolman really couldn't give a s**t. But there's a few moaners like yourself who think you are better than the rest because you arrive a 2pm and stay til 5pm, without getting out of your seat once. You will never dictate to me how I spend my Saturday afternoon. That's not a 'childish' statement (as you've referenced earlier), it's life.

Mate, if it was just one person it wouldn't be a problem, but its not.its hundreds of people, non stop.

as i have already said, i am in row C, and yes maybe i should consider moving back, but i like my seat, so why should i ?

all i am asking is that i can watch the match that i have paid to watch without people climbing over me or spoiling my view.

its strange, no one in the front rows seem to leave early, perhaps you should consider getting a place closer to an exit .

If we scored a 94th minute winner, the only person who's missed that goal is the one that's left early. That's the chance they take and they accept that. people have their reasons, and it's their choice. Why should you dictate how other people watch their football.

Leaving early does spoil it for everyone else because:

1. You have to keep standing up to let early leavers pass

2. Standing up to let early leavers pass means that people behind you can't see, and one individual behind me is elderly and struggles to get up.

3. You have to stand up to see over early leavers passing infront of you.

4. People who have left the ground aren't watching the football, because they've gone. But as you say, they presumably accept that.

5. It sends out the wrong message to the players and management, who think the leavers don't care about the result.

6. Opposition supporters take the piss because they see home supporters flooding out, so the usual chants tend to ring out about part time supporters.

7. Commentators on Radio/Television Chennels think we have a large contingent of people who don't care.

I could go on but I'm knackered and need to go to bed. But, as a Dolman Season ticket holder and supporter since the 70s (when early departures from the Dolman were also a fact of life), it's an embarrassment I've had to live with, but it still makes me cross! Grrrrr. UP THE REDS!

No mate, are you for real?????????.

you sound like some sort of wannabe Dictator, telling everyone else where they should or shouldnt sit, when, or what time people should be in their seats, who the hell do you think you are???

I sit in the Dolman, have for years now, I sometimes come in late, I don't need to explain to you why, its got jack to do with you, as do the people who want /need to leave early, that is entirely up to them, I also go down early at half time for a beer, if that doesn't suit you mate, tough, live with it, why do you have to moan about everything!

well its people like you mate who makes this world the sewer it is, you don't give a dam if you are annoying people around you.

City should shut the bar.........cant you wait till after,

Mate, if it was just one person it wouldn't be a problem, but its not.its hundreds of people, non stop.

as i have already said, i am in row C, and yes maybe i should consider moving back, but i like my seat, so why should i ?

all i am asking is that i can watch the match that i have paid to watch without people climbing over me or spoiling my view.

its strange, no one in the front rows seem to leave early, perhaps you should consider getting a place closer to an exit .

Ok, we really ought to stop telling each other where to sit. You sit where you like, and I'll sit where I like. However, I am very happy with my seat. If you are not happy with yours, then you can take a course of action to solve that.

Someone mentioned earlier that there are 5% of people who spoil it for the rest. Those stats just don't cut it with me. If your view is impeded constantly throughout the game, I'd wager there's more than 5% of the crowd involved?

Come on. I needed a piss on Tuesday night, about 20 minutes into the game, are you seriously suggesting I don't go, that I wait til half time, busting, and join a lengthy queue, still busting, tempting an 'accident'? Jeez, that'd seriously put a crimp on my day.

well its people like you mate who makes this world the sewer it is, you don't give a dam if you are annoying people around you.

City should shut the bar.........cant you wait till after,

You have just proved to me what a rude and self centred person you are by your reply, I am not even going to get into a debate with you, as you are so far from the truth.

2. Standing up to let early leavers pass means that people behind you can't see, and one individual behind me is elderly and struggles to get up.

4. People who have left the ground aren't watching the football, because they've gone. But as you say, they presumably accept that.

5. It sends out the wrong message to the players and management, who think the leavers don't care about the result.

6. Opposition supporters take the piss because they see home supporters flooding out, so the usual chants tend to ring out about part time supporters.

7. Commentators on Radio/Television Chennels think we have a large contingent of people who don't care.

I could go on but I'm knackered and need to go to bed. But, as a Dolman Season ticket holder and supporter since the 70s (when early departures from the Dolman were also a fact of life), it's an embarrassment I've had to live with, but it still makes me cross! Grrrrr. UP THE REDS!

Christ...and people call this a nanny state eh...

:rolleyes:

I'm suprised the club didnt provide thermo blankets last night, it was a bit nippy.

Ok, we really ought to stop telling each other where to sit. You sit where you like, and I'll sit where I like. However, I am very happy with my seat. If you are not happy with yours, then you can take a course of action to solve that.

Someone mentioned earlier that there are 5% of people who spoil it for the rest. Those stats just don't cut it with me. If your view is impeded constantly throughout the game, I'd wager there's more than 5% of the crowd involved?

Come on. I needed a piss on Tuesday night, about 20 minutes into the game, are you seriously suggesting I don't go, that I wait til half time, busting, and join a lengthy queue, still busting, tempting an 'accident'? Jeez, that'd seriously put a crimp on my day.

Thats not what we are talking about, its the hundreds of people who leave early. One guy who needs a wazz is no problem, and i understand that.

Only the first three points cut any mustard whatsoever. You've answered 4. yourself, 5. they should be trying to win the match regardless, 6. who cares, and 7. who cares.

Everyone pays their money in equal amounts and are thus entitled to arrive and leave whenever they like. I'm sure the club doesn't care that much, and not enough fans care enough for it to ever be considered a serious problem.

Besides, we'll be in a new stadium in a few years and we'll have a few empty seats I'm sure, so you can go and sit in those and have an unobstructed view for three hours. Everyone's happy.

I don't understand all these people. Is it just so they can tell their mates that they have a ST and brag a bit or something? "I'm a season ticket holder, unlike you you part-timer!"

I get parked up about an hour an a half before kick-off and once I get to my place in the Atyeo about 20minutes before kick-off I stay there right up until a few minutes after the final whistle. Haven't even gone to the toilets at half-time for about three years.

I don't understand all these people. Is it just so they can tell their mates that they have a ST and brag a bit or something? "I'm a season ticket holder, unlike you you part-timer!"

I get parked up about an hour an a half before kick-off and once I get to my place in the Atyeo about 20minutes before kick-off I stay there right up until a few minutes after the final whistle. Haven't even gone to the toilets at half-time for about three years.

Yeh, £400 to brag to mates. What do you want Eamer, a medal?

Better yet, why don't you film yourself to prove it, and stick it on YouTube and get everyone to watch it if you really want some fame.

Its the people in wheelchairs parked in the front of the Dolman I feel sorry for. If you're going to leave early, thats your business, and you are allowed to do so, but for goodness sake, do that and actually LEAVE, don't stand down the front blocking those less fortunate than you's view. I'd argue that the majority of people who do leave their seats early don't actually walk out the gates, they just go and stand down the front.

There must be a later train especially on a Saturday if thats peoples arguments for why they leave early.

Archived