IGNORED

Getting Bored Of City

dezgimed

This season and parts of last to an extent have just taken it out of me.

Not playing our best players (clearly), boring, uninspiring dull football, playing for the 1-0 win, starting games poorly and then chasing a draw...

It just seems to have lost its appeal.

Anyone else wish we just went for it?

I am sick to death of going 1-0/2-0 down and then bringing on the good players to chase the game, just start them.

I've found going to the Gate boring for months now. Still, nothing better to do.

Out of interest; Yeovil under GJ were reputed for being one of the most exciting teams to watch outside of the top two divisions.

So, why are we a team of lumped balls upfield and clueless kick and rush stuff so often. Personnel or tactics?

I've found going to the Gate boring for months now. Still, nothing better to do.

Out of interest; Yeovil under GJ were reputed for being one of the most exciting teams to watch outside of the top two divisions.

So, why are we a team of lumped balls upfield and clueless kick and rush stuff so often. Personnel or tactics?

Maybe you'd be better suited to the Memorial Ground then.

I can't believe all this crap about being bored with the club and finding going to the gate boring!

FFS we had a monumental season last year which was a rollercoaster in every possible sense of the word, and ten games into the season (only 5 at the gate) everyone is bored and finding it a chore to go to the games!

Reality check...?! :noexpression:

NOT WORTH THE MONEY..........sorry but I love the club season ticket holder for ten years and supported for thirty, tattoo on my back and arm and years of going broke to follow them, my kids love them and being kids don't understand the sacrafices we as a family make to take them.

There were at least 5 blokes shot off at half time on Tuesday in front of me and my family and never came back in the Ateyo, said they had had a guts full and were going back to the pub, think that says it all !

Wait for it here comes the abuse ...........

This season and parts of last to an extent have just taken it out of me.

Not playing our best players (clearly), boring, uninspiring dull football, playing for the 1-0 win, starting games poorly and then chasing a draw...

It just seems to have lost its appeal.

Anyone else wish we just went for it?

I am sick to death of going 1-0/2-0 down and then bringing on the good players to chase the game, just start them.

No

I can't believe all this crap about being bored with the club and finding going to the gate boring!

FFS we had a monumental season last year which was a rollercoaster in every possible sense of the word, and ten games into the season (only 5 at the gate) everyone is bored and finding it a chore to go to the games!

Reality check...?! :noexpression:

Well said. Two wins on the bounce and these "bored" individuals will all be singing "City till I die" and "We'll support you ever more" etc.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY..........sorry but I love the club season ticket holder for ten years and supported for thirty, tattoo on my back and arm and years of going broke to follow them, my kids love them and being kids don't understand the sacrafices we as a family make to take them.

There were at least 5 blokes shot off at half time on Tuesday in front of me and my family and never came back in the Ateyo, said they had had a guts full and were going back to the pub, think that says it all !

Wait for it here comes the abuse ...........

If you can't afford it then you can't afford it. My decision to go to the gate is not based on the quality of the game we're playing, or the quality of the opposition. It's purely down to whether I can afford to go and have the time to go. It would make no difference whether we were top of the Premier League or bottom of League 2 - I can't imagine it any other way.

Dear cheese, you do have a bit of a nasty habit of offending people rather than giving a constuctive response (wait for it).

Dear Rich. What do you suggest for poor Neo who seems to be bored with attending the gate and only does so because he's got nothing better to do?

goodbye and good riddance people like u make me sick

TBH, I for one, would never get bored of Bristol City FC.

However, i can certainly see where people are coming from.

Chasing games, long ball football, a second half performance.

It's seems to be asthough we have too many players if thats possible.

GJ wants to play them to keep them happy, regardless of wherever ther're good enough or not.

A certain Lee Johnson springs to mind.

Get Noble in the team, and the hoofball will decrease IMHO.

More creative midfielders such as Noble, Williams and Trundle.

More exciting football, more goals, more fans at the gate(even if they are part timers), and almost certainly, more chance of reaching the promise land.

And just to think three odd years ago we were almost bottom of league 1.

Some people need to get real, last season was IMO a honeymoon this season will be a long hard slog we will not be a suprise to clubs anymore.

On the other hand i do agree with other posters i am sick and tired of hoof ball, but ive said it before and ill say it again playing a target man (Adebola) will make us play target man football. I love Dele think hes a great lad and he seems a nice guy but i think i big part of are problem at the moment is the way we play with him in the side.

I've actually felt really quite rejuvenated since the re-opening of Ye Olde East Ende. Far less inhibitting environment, can move around an shout without being told off by some miserable git - it's great!

Used to feel like a bloody kid sat round my Grandmother's dining room table on best behaviour, bored stiff in the other stands.

The on-pitch stuff comes and goes beyond your control, rough with the smooth etc. Think some people take it too bloody seriously at times.

Archived