IGNORED

Those Who Boo'd Lita

dezgimed

Hill was a class act on and off the pitch for seven years who was popular with fans hence the glowing standing ovation from all four stands.

Matt Hill was a great league 1 player..average Championship player.

The problem with our suporters is that we lack ambition and don't seem to understand that if players want to better themselves and go onto better things then they will more than likely have to do it elsewhere.

Matt Hill was a great league 1 player..average Championship player.

The problem with our suporters is that we lack ambition and don't seem to understand that if players want to better themselves and go onto better things then they will more than likely have to do it elsewhere.

so, in order to be ambitious we should expect our players to bugger off to other clubs?

bull shit, hill left at the first offer, he must have asked for such a small release clause

the only reason hill's reception was so good was because he milked it and took ages walking across the pitch.

the guy was a quality player, but so was leroy... leroy desered a nice reception.

Hill got a good reception because he's a top guy, not because he "milked it".

I'm not slating hill, but he was not as good for us as that reception

there have been plenty of top blokes at city, none of them got a reception like that, then again none of them took 5 minutes to walk across the turf either

terry cooper, alan dicks, cheesley today, and many more have coem back to the club and recieved a poor reception in comparison to that given to hill

imo the hill reception was over the top, especially when you consider how lita scored so many goals in such a crap team under tinnion and almost got us in the playoffs... that season was all about him, the side was crap and would have been somewhere near the bottom of the league if he was not there... hill didnt single handidly pull one of our teams up the table did he?

there have been plenty of top blokes at city, none of them got a reception like that, then again none of them took 5 minutes to walk across the turf either

terry cooper, alan dicks, cheesley today, and many more have coem back to the club and recieved a poor reception in comparison to that given to hill

imo the hill reception was over the top, especially when you consider how lita scored so many goals in such a crap team under tinnion and almost got us in the playoffs... that season was all about him, the side was crap and would have been somewhere near the bottom of the league if he was not there... hill didnt single handidly pull one of our teams up the table did he?

Righto, Lita kept us from being "somewhere near the bottom of the league". If you say so.

Lets not forget this is the person who left Tinnion in the lurch after looking like signing a new deal.

People can have their Lita love in, Matt Hill deserves all the credit he gets because he's a likeable guy. Same can be said for Murry, Bell and certain others from that era.

the service given by scott murray and mickey bell can NEVER be comapred to that by matt hill

however good matt hill was, however nice a fella he is, he is not a city legend at all, those two are easily amongst the best players i have seen in my years as a fan(not as many as some, but enough) tinnion, akinbyi, taylor and millen join them as the best, and nicest players ive seen, hill is nowhere near those players

It was not five minutes.

Cooper, Dicks and particularly Cheesley get a good reception whenever they come to the Gate.

Hills reception was a reflection to the esteem he is held in by City fans.

the service given by scott murray and mickey bell can NEVER be comapred to that by matt hill

however good matt hill was, however nice a fella he is, he is not a city legend at all, those two are easily amongst the best players i have seen in my years as a fan(not as many as some, but enough) tinnion, akinbyi, taylor and millen join them as the best, and nicest players ive seen, hill is nowhere near those players

I think your list says it all.

We all saw Matty Hill develop into a tidy player it was nice to see. People have an affinity with him, not with lita. It was proven yesterday, so your opinion is a minority. This is a fact.

There would only be months between the length of time Hill and Bell spent at City.

It was not five minutes.

Cooper, Dicks and particularly Cheesley get a good reception whenever they come to the Gate.

Hills reception was a reflection to the esteem he is held in by City fans.

well i barely noticed any clapping yesterday for cheesley, i only really noticed anything was going on because my dad was clapping so loud... his hero or something

i don't dislike hill, infact i would love him here, i just don't see how he did anymore for city than lita, and why he deserved such a good reception...

Some players I would applaud then there are others I might boo. Lita is one I would clap. Keogh is one I would boo.

I boo'ed Trundle for holding the ball as he had a good chance to cross the ball in and I thought he was supposed to be one of our creative players. He lost the ball anyway so attempting a cross would've been a better option. When does holding the ball by the touchline ever work?

And no I didn't boo Ashley Cole. I don't follow International football. If I did then I still wouldn't have boo'ed him. Was stupid.

Its called time-wasting. The reason it is done is because it wastes precious seconds at the end of the game. Its harder for the opposition to get the ball in the corner and often you can win a corner or throw which can waste more time. Its all fairly obvious to someone with an understanding of the game.

Let me get this straight, you booed a player for keeping hold of the ball in injury time, when we were winning, rather than crossing the ball and in all probability giving it straight back to the opposition? Oh dear.

spot on mate as long as we had the ball Norwich could'nt score!!

Its called time-wasting. The reason it is done is because it wastes precious seconds at the end of the game. Its harder for the opposition to get the ball in the corner and often you can win a corner or throw which can waste more time. Its all fairly obvious to someone with an understanding of the game.

I know... but it's boring. Should've just went for a cross to kill off the game for good.

I know... but it's boring. Should've just went for a cross to kill off the game for good.

Are you really as dense as you seem? I do hope you are just a wind-up merchant, the thought that there are people wandering around the world believing the crap you spout is worrying.

I've got nothing against Lita, he only ever has good things to say about his time at City.

Didn't boo him first half but I did in the second when he was in front of the EE to put him off his game. Simple, and what I do in my spare time is completely irrelevant and none of your business.

i think you might find that Lita got most of his abuse after he went down in the box. And I think you will find that no matter what player from what club when they do that theyget what they deserve. Had he maqnaged to con the ref I'm pretty sure you would have heard an awful lot more abuse thrown his way thn he got.

I booed Lita yesterday with about 500 other fans in the EE, so what if he scored goals for us hes not a legend and IMO Lita sums up what a modern day footbaler is all about. Going in town thinking he is some sort of superstar, strutting around like he owns the place. He is quite a pathetic bloke and if youve ever been on a night out and saw his anticts you would know exactly what i mean.

And another thing if you were on 2 or 3 grand a week would you really go out in your own city centre knowing there will be drunk rovers fans wanting to pick fights with you? This sums Leroy up the guy has no class and i personally think he liked going out in Bristol beacuse people knew who he was.

I will be booing him every time he comes back to the gate and i don't need people telling me I'm a hipporcate.

Immature ####.

Its got nothing to do with being fickle it what fans used to routinely do, its normal, its traditional and a warm reception e.g Hill gets earnt by having years at a club and fans having an affinity with that player.

Excellent work East End keep it up.

Boy am I glad I sit in the Dolman. There were quite a few who found the booing distasteful!! :innocent06:

I assume you are all perfect citizens in your free time, away from work?

Lita's job was to score goals. He did that for us, in abundance.

What he did, and how he behaved in his own free time is little relevance to us.

But apparently because he might have been a bad boy, people thought it was ok to boo him.

In that case, I assume all of the boo'ers are saints and angels in their free time?

If not, the word hippocrate springs to mind.

:englandsmile4wf: I didn't boo and i also didn't clap because as far as i am concerned he left bristol city and Tinman in the lurch. So don't be so c**k sure that you know it all :englandsmile4wf:

For all we know, and its possible, they are arrongant, rude, obnoxious ######s in their own time.

But that apparently is ok for them, but not for Lita...

I didn't understand the abuse Lita received either. A quality player for us who only a few weks ago many were clammering to get back!

The vast majority of the abuse was coming from the self righteous East End crew. Enough said.

I didn't understand the abuse Lita received either. A quality player for us who only a few weks ago many were clammering to get back!

The vast majority of the abuse was coming from the self righteous East End crew. Enough said.

Self righteous? Never been called that before but never mind..

I booed him because he is an opposition player. If he played for us I would support him, as he doesnt, then he will get as much stick as possible to try to put him off his game.

Very good player, but an arrogant wotsit off the pitch.

Immature ####.

How laughauble, you say my comment is immature and then you post that. I booed him simply beacuse he is an oppostion player, i really don't know what the big deal is?

And also i would think before you post rubbish beacuse you quite clrealy seem to be the imatture one. Ovbviously you have limited vocabulary and find the need to swear, quite sad for a grown man to resort to that on a forum.

All i'll say on this is that I'm delighted Lita is out of this club, and I'm delighted that Reading wouldn't let him come back.

There ARE some things that are more important than football, being a decent, genuine, honest person is for example in my eyes far more important than being a good footballer, why on earth should your ability as a player or indeed anything give you the right to act in the way Lita did around his fellow man??

I have heard so many stories from people(and before you say 'hearsay' these are people i trust completely who also have a fair insight into the goings on at the club) regarding his discusting behavior that i couldn't care less how he performed on the pitch, i don't want him anywhere near my club, and i would not want that kind of attitude associated with players that play for Bristol City.

I think the initial post suggested that his behaviour off the pitch was of little relevence to us?? Rubbish, of course it is relevent, EVERYONES behavior to other people is RELEVENT. He is also an ambassador to the club and his proffession, I'm a Reservist in the Royal Marines and therefore i am consiouss of my behavior outside of work, because i am proud of what i am part of, i would never want to bring the reputation of the Corps down, and if i did i would be immensely ahshamed of myself. Clearly Lita had no care as to what people thought of Bristol City players.

Of course not everyone is an angel all the time, we all make mistakes, have one too many now and again and act 'like' a 'tw*t', BUT Lita's demeanor was consistent....he WAS a 'tw*t'.

I would not have boo'd him, he is no longer a City player, i would rather have just ignored him, but i have to say it doesnt bother me in the slightest that he WAS boo'd.

Good riddence i say, enjoy being second fiddle at Reading...

All I can say is your lucky you wasn't sat next to me, If you booed LT for not crossing a ball what did you do when Basso cocked up or when LJ fluffed that one on one?

Archived